• Black ball

markp15
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Played about 10 games so far and about 7-8 of those games have all had black balls, makes it impossible to see despite it being set to the standard white in the preferences

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

15 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we will need a save game from before one of these matches in order to investigate this. 

Hi Zachary, apologies I forgot to do this!

I've attached a saved match to this message (hope it works fine). Some of the matches have corrected themselves it seems overnight, there are a couple other matches where the ball is black one highlight then white the next. 

The saved match below it was black throughout the match. Also, I should explain that I haven't used any custom skins and more or less every setting is default bar one or two layout changes

Hope that helps and it's just a minor issue :) 

Aston Villa v Liverpool - Black ball issue.pkm

Not to hijack in any way, I also have this

I've removed my graphics to test and the ball remains black/without any texture applied 

2023-10-20 10_38_12-Football Manager 2024.png

Edited by GC28

Just to add onto this thread, I've had the black ball issue as well. I've uploaded a save file to the cloud titled "Official H2 - Chelsea.fm" as proof to help. 

I am sending this save file before the Nottingham Forest match which had a black ball in it. In fact, every PREMIER LEAGUE match since the Newcastle game had a black ball in the 3D engine if you go back and watch the highlights (the one Carabao Cup in this run had a perfectly fine white ball). 

Let me know if any more info will help! Thanks. 

Here's some further screenshots from matches I have played since originally posting the bug. It seems to be happening a little more frequently now, and as previously stated still no custom skins installed or any changed made to the default

On 20/10/2023 at 10:58, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @markp15

Appreciate the information and PKM file.

But it doesn't look like your save has come through, please can you upload it to the link below and tell us the name of the file.

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

On 20/10/2023 at 10:30, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we will need a save game from before one of these matches in order to investigate this. 

Hi Zachary, apologies I forgot to do this!

I've attached a saved match to this message (hope it works fine). Some of the matches have corrected themselves it seems overnight, there are a couple other matches where the ball is black one highlight then white the next. 

The saved match below it was black throughout the match. Also, I should explain that I haven't used any custom skins and more or less every setting is default bar one or two layout changes

Hope that helps and it's just a minor issue :) 

Black ball 1.png

Black ball 2.png

I was getting this as well every match but I think I managed to get mine working again.   I went into preference and selected reset at the bottom and then clear cache.    After doing this and restarting the game I went back into preferences and searched colour and then went into skin colours. Although standard ball colour was showing white already I clicked it and selected white again and changed the winter one as well and saved and now match ball looks normal again.  Played three matches since and all ok.    

So changing the ball colour in the skin by selecting white changes the values to 245, 245, 245, 255 instead of 255x4 this seems to fix the issue. Changing it back breaks it again.

• SI Staff

Hello everyone, we're struggling to reproduce this issue internally. 

Can you please send us your preference folder.

The folder can be found by typing %AppData% into the windows file explorer and then navigating to \AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024

Once you find that folder please copy it, compress it into a ZIP file, then upload that ZIP file into our Cloud System with the link below:

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello everyone, we're struggling to reproduce this issue internally. 

Can you please send us your preference folder.

The folder can be found by typing %AppData% into the windows file explorer and then navigating to \AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024

Once you find that folder please copy it, compress it into a ZIP file, then upload that ZIP file into our Cloud System with the link below:

Upload complete

I'm struggling to upload I'm afraid but unfortunately the black ball is still a thing for a few matches during the season. Tends to happen in the winter periods

• SI Staff

At this stage the last guidance from Zachary would stand, we need to see your preferences where possible:

• SI Staff

Hello everyone, if you are still experiencing this, can you please try following steps listed below.

1. Go to Preferences > 'reset' > 'Clear Cache'
    2. Restart the game
    3. Go to Preferences > search for 'Skin Colour'
    4. Change the standard ball colour to white (click the little white square which is white). This should change the RGB to 245,245,245

Em 10/01/2024 em 13:40, Zachary Whyte disse:

Hello everyone, if you are still experiencing this, can you please try following steps listed below.

1. Go to Preferences > 'reset' > 'Clear Cache'
    2. Restart the game
    3. Go to Preferences > search for 'Skin Colour'
    4. Change the standard ball colour to white (click the little white square which is white). This should change the RGB to 245,245,245

dont work for me, still black ball...

EDIT: AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024 and deleted Caches and Preferences folder and it works, ball backs again lol

Edited by gabbfx