• [Major issue] – Training responsibilities are lost permanently after certain events in FM24

twocutepenguins
    • Public Status: Resolved Save Game: Eibar v02.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load the Eibar v02.fm save file in FM24. (I have uploaded it to ownCloud.)
    2. Notice that the Under 19s and Vitoria training tabs are available, as I am in charge of training for the first team (Eibar), the reserve team (Vitoria), and the U19s.
    3. Click Continue.
    4. The U19s and Vitoria tabs are no longer displayed.
    5. Go to Staff > Responsibilities > Training.
    At this point, I cannot retake control of the Vitoria and U19s training anymore because the option is no longer there.

Note the following:

• This is a save game that I started in FM23 and carried over into FM24.
    • At the time when you load the save, the game date is 17 May 2031, 20:00.
    • My reserve team (Vitoria) is scheduled to play a game against Barcelona B at 20:00 and will almost certainly lose.
    • As a result, my reserve team will almost certainly be relegated to the fourth tier.
    • Both the third tier and the fourth tier are playable in my save (I have even managed in the fourth tier).
    • I am almost certain that there are other events that trigger this issue as well.

While I understand that fixing this in the game may take some time, I would really, really appreciate a possible workaround so that I can keep playing the game that I enjoy.

Thank you!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I get the same issue, but with a fresh FM24 save game, so I think we can exclude yours being a transferred save game from being the issue.
    I also lose control of staff decision, such as signings and contracts, aswell and the responsibilities aren't visible in the "Staff Responsibilities" anymore, once I press continue for the first time.

Please let me know if you find a way to fix this issue.

On 07/11/2023 at 17:50, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, thank you for the very detailed information. 

We have this under review, and this should be resolved in a future update. :) 

Is there an ETA on this? 

I have the same problem/bug. So it is still in the game.

Happend 2 days ago after the last update (24.1.1) on a save game that I startet in FM24 about one week ago.

I'm at Werder Bremen, and I lost all responsibilities (training, staff, transfers, etc.pp.) for the u19, u21, and B-Team. And there is not way to get the responsibilities back.

Em 15/11/2023 em 13:34, tbm_cooper disse:

I have the same problem/bug. So it is still in the game.

Happend 2 days ago after the last update (24.1.1) on a save game that I startet in FM24 about one week ago.

I'm at Werder Bremen, and I lost all responsibilities (training, staff, transfers, etc.pp.) for the u19, u21, and B-Team. And there is not way to get the responsibilities back.

Workaround: Staff responsabilities make sure Handles Team Selection is not delegated to any of your staff (1st option) and restart the game should solve the issue

Hi @kworey,

Good find! Thanks for your suggestion.

While this workaround does work, it is, unfortunately, a short-term fix. After applying the workaround, reloading the save, and regaining control of the training, I went on vacation for a month. When I came back, the responsibilities were gone again, so you need to keep applying the workaround over and over each time you lose control of your responsibilities... and there's no way of telling how often that will happen.

Hi guys,

The issue is still not fixed. The same has hapenned to my real sociedad game. 

It's an outrage the issue is known for months...

Edited by Amosifo

• SI Staff

Hello @Amosifo

We have been looking into this issue, but are not able to reproduce it anymore, we believe it will be resolved in our next game update.

If you have a save file showing this issue (or ideally just before) I can check with your save also, thank you.

Same issue here.

Tried to upload my save but the fmf file is too large. followed the instruction that was posted and still not working.

I just uploaded game file "FF 2.0 - Malaga" as described above that is one advance away from breaking the staff responsibilities. This happened several times during this save, but this is the first time that I can't go back to an a previous save file to get around it.

I just encountered this issue. It happens on 24th June 2024 for me. As soon as the day starts I lose control of my youth teams and all the Responsibilities for the B team and the U19 team seem to be hidden. If this helps, the main thing that seems to happen is that a recruitment meeting is scheduled as soon as the day starts (might be the trigger event).

I uploaded a save game file named "Responsibilities issue.fm" (via the link above on how to upload the files), that is 100% reproduceable, that is saved the day before (23rd June - I think it needs to be continued twice to start the next day), hopefully that helps narrowing in on the issue. I also hired a new HoYD but that was about 22 days before this happened so I'm not sure that was the issue. My club also had elections about 12 days before this issue. Not sure if either of these events matter, just trying to give as much info that could be helpful.

To those reading at a later date hitting this issue, when you lose control of the responsibilities just save the game (maybe with a different name) and relaunch the full game (not just go to the start screen). Go back to the responsibilities and all the options are there again.

Good to hear.

On a side note:
    It is insane how long you (SI) guys take to fix a game.
    At least two big bugs are in the game at the moment.
    1 - staff responsibilities
    2 - training screen word sorting in other languages following the english sorting

I know you take your time because you (SI) are wait for database changes (transfer windows).
    But every other
    game company would be dead by now when a studio will take so much time to fix massive bugs like that.

But the stupid FM community (me included) accepts everything with homage ;)

Would be good to release hotfixes for bugs like that.

Yes, its very annoying play Fm in this state. Every 3 months +- I lost the control of the individual trainnings and a lot of employees responsibilities are changed. But, its because they have no competence, and they know we have no other option. I am very dislike with you SportsInteractive :/

This issue seems to have been fixed, as far as I can tell. :thup:

After seeing it mentioned in the release notes of the latest update, I went to check using the save files that I submitted for testing and I haven't been able to reproduce it anymore.