• Issue with non EU player rules in England -[afterBrexit]

Roy Race 9
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: 1111ads 6ty - Unemployed non eu test Other: englandtest.fmf Files Uploaded: Save Game, Other

Exactly the same issue as reported here for FM23

NB English players are treated as foreign Non EU

image.thumb.png.9686c15519155b05f7d35dc3c6eb2033.png

why do I have to load files again when its the exact same issue as reported before?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Also in Serbia. When I added a rule for 3rd tier in editor for maximum of 1 non EU player in match squad, all Serbian players were marked as FGN. I know Serbia is not in EU, but for domestic league they should not count as FGN players.

21 hours ago, Karna said:

Also in Serbia. When I added a rule for 3rd tier in editor for maximum of 1 non EU player in match squad, all Serbian players were marked as FGN. I know Serbia is not in EU, but for domestic league they should not count as FGN players.

yes totally right its flawed and was pointed out in August and under review then

Edited by Roy Race 9

This is really poor

it wasnt fixed in FM23

I have reported it again for FM24 its been nearly 3 weeks  and not even an acknowledgement as said in another bug report there are currently 23 bugs in this forum not even responded to, some like this going back weeks.

If things cant be fixed or are not going to be addressed then customers need to know before buying the product as most of what I want to do is not working/ bugged 

Edited by Roy Race 9

• SI Staff

If you do the following to add England back into the EU, then the Non-EU foreign rule works correctly: Database -> Agreements -> European Union -> Add -> England.

If the player is from a non-EU country they will be treated as foreign, regardless of what country the league is in. So for both Serbia & England, neither country is in the EU so their own players get counted as foreign.

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

If you do the following to add England back into the EU, then the Non-EU foreign rule works correctly: Database -> Agreements -> European Union -> Add -> England.

If the player is from a non-EU country they will be treated as foreign, regardless of what country the league is in. So for both Serbia & England, neither country is in the EU so their own players get counted as foreign.

Thanks for this

but the issue as I report cant be fixed?

I do not want to add England back into EU[I want to add Wales/Scotland/N Ireland] but I do want to impose restrictions on England not being able to sign more than 1 non EU player per season

if I attempt this English players are shown as foreign[non EU]

If a caveat could be added to exclude England as per something like this

with the foreign players rule

so add Non-EU Players except England[UK]

image.thumb.png.0f96c8ffb217eef283c93e3eb60efc1e.png

then I believe this could be achievable?

Edited by Roy Race 9

On 30/11/2023 at 20:59, Roy Race 9 said:

Thanks for this

but the issue as I report cant be fixed?

I do not want to add England back into EU[I want to add Wales/Scotland/N Ireland] but I do want to impose restrictions on England not being able to sign more than 1 non EU player per season

if I attempt this English players are shown as foreign[non EU]

If a caveat could be added to exclude England as per something like this

with the foreign players rule

so add Non-EU Players except England[UK]

image.thumb.png.0f96c8ffb217eef283c93e3eb60efc1e.png

then I believe this could be achievable?

The problem with the EU-player rules is I think that they are coded in such a way that they look 'from the inside out' which means they only really work well when England or any other nation you used them on is an EU country.
    Your extra proposed rule would work as well, as it would set up an exception  for England.

Another possible option (haven't tested it, but I am thinking out loud here) is to set England as non-foregin, but if that works it's more a brute force way of doing it than anything else. It could also make for some ugly side effects with players being called foreign/not foreign in different competitions.

Implementing non-EU rules to non-EU countries is broken, the country's own domestics will be counted as non-EU (even if set as "non-EU" to themselves, included in a new "agreement" that is non-EU to themselves, etc). It appears to be contemplated that it should work, allowing custom stuff like Roy Race is envisioning or the old "1 extra Arab player" rule in Qatar or the OFC player slot in New Zealand, but is glitched

Likely why they had to hard-code stuff like the extra Asian rule, extra Chinese diaspora, etc

47 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Implementing non-EU rules to non-EU countries is broken, the country's own domestics will be counted as non-EU (even if set as "non-EU" to themselves, included in a new "agreement" that is non-EU to themselves, etc). It appears to be contemplated that it should work, allowing custom stuff like Roy Race is envisioning or the old "1 extra Arab player" rule in Qatar or the OFC player slot in New Zealand, but is glitched

Likely why they had to hard-code stuff like the extra Asian rule, extra Chinese diaspora, etc

I understand, but I wonder whether this means that the rules have been 'fixed' and set more strictly so they don't work outside their jurisdiction and we were previously able to make use of the gaps that were there.

I wish we could create our own rules like Rob Race 9 proposed one.

• SI Staff

We cannot implement any custom squad selection rules that don't apply to the leagues we cover simply for use in the editor. The more niche rules are for countries with complicated squad registration and are not really intended for use outside of the specific league they apply to.

On 04/12/2023 at 08:53, Wolf_pd said:

I understand, but I wonder whether this means that the rules have been 'fixed' and set more strictly so they don't work outside their jurisdiction and we were previously able to make use of the gaps that were there.

I wish we could create our own rules like Rob Race 9 proposed one.

yes surely its not a big ask

FYI mate I tried setting England as non foreign  but didnt work[havent tried since 24.2 update though]

On 08/12/2023 at 05:34, Zachary Whyte said:

We cannot implement any custom squad selection rules that don't apply to the leagues we cover simply for use in the editor. The more niche rules are for countries with complicated squad registration and are not really intended for use outside of the specific league they apply to.

is there not anything to address this[see quote] as I cant find it

The number of overseas under-21 players a club can sign will also be limited to 6

surely that should be added  players U21 Foreign 

image.thumb.png.fb3ee2c53695334294546eb118a398b4.png

anything you recommended to get what I want to limit certain clubs signing non EU players and mopping up all the young talent from abroad 

cheers