• FM24 Editor kits display error

SonOfFate254
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

There is an issue in the FM24 pre-game editor where the previews of the kits aren't being shown while editing:

image.png.c46732f272ca9157df3d233574abcb2b.png

image.png.dcb1de01fdf8222abd663b1e7a10fe35.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

20 minutos atrás, Maverik1828 disse:

how do you delete the restricted folder ?

you will need to use the resource archiver ( get it from steam if you bought the game there ) extract the graphics.fmf file to your desktop. Once its extracted go to the folder and look for kits. Delete the __restricted__ folder. Go back to resource archiver and create a new graphics.fmf , save it somewhere else and replace the default one with the newly created. Cheers

Edited by ZMLM79

7 hours ago, ZMLM79 said:

you will need to use the resource archiver ( get it from steam if you bought the game there ) extract the graphics.fmf file to your desktop. Once its extracted go to the folder and look for kits. Delete the __restricted__ folder. Go back to resource archiver and create a new graphics.fmf , save it somewhere else and replace the default one with the newly created. Cheers

This is the solution, thank you 👌🏻👌🏻🙏🏻❤️

13 hours ago, ZMLM79 said:

Actually the __restricted__ folder its not needed in my case. I always delete the default 2D and 3D kids that comes with graphics.fmf. All i had to do was to delete the __restricted__ folder...All good now

Captura de ecrã 2023-11-10 084608.png

Thanks! This is indeed the problem. So, you need Resource Archiver. Extract the graphics.fmf and delete the _restricted_ folder.

13 horas atrás, ZMLM79 disse:

Hello !

I did these procedures and when I went to the editor I no longer had access to the “Icon” image and the “text” without letters and the rest still have the same problem! Thank you again for your great effort

Edited by CSStepanov

Am 10.11.2023 um 09:49 schrieb ZMLM79:

Hey, I'm really struggling with this bad issue!
    Is this the right folder to delete (with the red rectangle)? Or do I have to dig deeper in the kits folder?
    image.png.0cb8e5dd2ba30d72a8c531dff3b5f46f.png

Thanks a lot for the hint!

Edited by Ruksson

1 hora atrás, Ruksson disse:

Hey, I'm really struggling with this bad issue!
    Is this the right folder to delete (with the red rectangle)? Or do I have to dig deeper in the kits folder?
    image.png.0cb8e5dd2ba30d72a8c531dff3b5f46f.png

Thanks a lot for the hint!

thats the one 

Thanks for the tips above on getting the Editor working until this is fixed.

In the meantime, does anyone know what this restricted folder is all about? There's reference to it in the config files too. It looks to have caused havoc with Welsh league kits:
    image.png.2563bed71ec2a016ffdd837fe8098b82.png

I found an easier way to fix it if you go to this locations C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024 Editor and open with notepad the file ''special folders'' and change only the restricted from ''true'' to ''false'' they fix the problem

Screenshot (61).png

Screenshot (62).png

Screenshot (63).png

Screenshot (64).png

Screenshot (65).png

4 minutos atrás, SeranaTheStudent disse:

@Mr. BobThis didn't work for me.

After you change from true to false, save the file, if you haven't already done so. After that, just open the editor again. It won't work if you have the editor open. I confirm that it works

I did all of that, can confirm it did not work. I did both removing the restricted folder and changed the values to false and the kits still does not show up in the editor.

Update: Fixed it, by deleting the cache, prefrence and temporary folders in the app/local/sports interactive/editor 2024.

I don't think anyone mentioned these need deleting again.

Edited by SeranaTheStudent

On 10/11/2023 at 09:48, ZMLM79 said:

Actually the __restricted__ folder its not needed in my case. I always delete the default 2D and 3D kids that comes with graphics.fmf. All i had to do was to delete the __restricted__ folder...All good now

Captura de ecrã 2023-11-10 084608.png

You delete the graphics.fmf that is inside D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\game ?

• SI Staff

It is something we are working on our side. Fixes are released as parts of updates. Unfortunately this one didn't make the previous update, as we are still working on the issue on our side. Of course I appreciate its frustrating to have an ongoing issue impacting things in this way, when it does come to updating the game there are a lot of other considerations on our side before we're able to put these in place. 

@Michael Sant understood, but since this cant be done as hot fix (none of us really get why), do we know when can we expect this to be fixed? As you can see, there isbpkenty of players that won't be able to play until this is done.