• Request to upgrade Youth Facilities (Club Rep and current YF level)

JAwtunes
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hello, I and a few others have raised reports regarding the difficulties we're having in requesting an upgrade in Youth Facilities.  I did a bit of testing using the IGE and might have found a link between club reputation and the option to request an upgrade to youth facilities.  There was no link between any of the other requests (namely training, youth recruitment & coaching or new stadium) and club reputation.  I have only looked at one club in Malta but thought I'd share.

My team in Andorra has a reputation of 1.5 star (so possibly around 3000 to 3500) and our Youth Facilities are Basic (so around 4 or 5).  If what I observed at Mdina Knights in Malta applies in my Andorra save, then this might explain why the option to request an upgrade my youth facilities has never been available - my team is just too 'small'. 

This is a problem, because in previous versions it was possible to force through such requests if you were on a good run of form and had a health bank balance.  The FM22 online manual also suggests that a chairman with a high working with youngsters attribute would be more willing to grant such requests, but this is not something we can take advantage of if the option remains unavailable most of the time while all other requests remain available.

Hope this helps.

image.thumb.png.a68a35e3385fc380dd08827a03c225c5.png

image.png.e74ed4af52908d1780b8547938ca4b06.png

• Steps To Reproduce:
      I just started a new save with Mdina Knights and made alterations using the IGE.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@JAwtunes

This was really annoying me so I started playing around on my save. By editing my chairperson's Working with Youngsters attribute from 11 to 20, using FMRTE, it enabled the ability to ask for Youth Facilities upgrade the following day.

However, I guess doing so would be against the rules/spirit of the Youth Academy challenge.

@SuperRedditchThat is interesting, thanks.  What I find most frustrating is the inconsistency in when these  requests are available.  It certainly seems like there are far more blockers for the Youth Facilities upgrade request than Training Facilities or either of the junior budget requests.

@SuperRedditch that has to be what's broken my Slovenia save. We are a top 20 club in Europe with 2 Euro Cups to our name and 3.5* Reputation with 100Million+ in the bank and there remains no youth option. I haven't bought the IGE so I can't test your theory on my squad but your explanation seems more plausible than my guess at stadium upgrades bugging it out. 

@WhiteCat33 If you want to upload the file somewhere and message me a link I could tweak the value and see what happens. Would take 5 minutes and might allow you to carry on with it or maybe just give you peace of mind.

Edited by SuperRedditch

@Kyle Brown Hi. Editing the Working with Youngsters attribute of the chairperson to 20 enabled the option to request a Youth Facilities upgrade after one Continue click in both mine and WhiteCat33's saves. It seems that single attribute is far too heavily weighted in the decision making process, even going so far as to permanently block the request from appearing for multiple in-game years. I don't think this was the case in earlier versions of FM22 as I was able to build up multiple clubs previously. It's something to look at for your team, anyway.

• Administrators

Really sorry I've missed this thread until now, but thank you very much for all of this investigation and info. I've flagged it to the relevant team, and we'll suggest that workaround for subsequent users who come across it if our tests suggest the same as yours. Much appreciated!

Has this been patched? I'm doing a youth only in Israel and I can't improve because my YF can only go up to 3 stars. I can improve my training facilities no problem but the youth facilities option is no longer coming up.

On 12/05/2022 at 16:37, Kyle Brown said:

Really sorry I've missed this thread until now, but thank you very much for all of this investigation and info. I've flagged it to the relevant team, and we'll suggest that workaround for subsequent users who come across it if our tests suggest the same as yours. Much appreciated!

sadly it seems not to have been fixed into FM23.  can we please ask you to add it to the to-be fixed list?