Stadium Name: Dnipro-Arena

Capacity: 31k

Finances of the Club:

Estimated Value: £16M

Balance: £6.71m

Transfer Budget: 3.69m for title challenge

Wage Budget: £54k p/w

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Dnipro_Dnipropetrovsk

Basically they are the Leverkusen of Ukraine apart from Soviet era where they enjoyed some success.

The team has a very good stadium with top corporate facilities and fairly decent ticketprice (25gpb) but low attendance ( my 1st season my average attendance was 12k) but if you start winning trophies the attendace will start to rise rapidly, the team also has a fair amount of good players and average facilities and that makes things a bit easier.

Challenge should be breaking up the Dynamo/Shakhtar powerhouse and going on cup runs in Europe while getting top players come to Ukraine and getting healthy financial structure with your limited options.

squad guide coming in a few hours and I am in my 7th season atm so if anyone wants a ss of anything let me know.

Squad:

note: it will help you a lot if you load all players from Eastern European and other countries in Europe that don't have high rep.

GOALKEEPERS

You are well covered here, Kernozenko is decent GK and Startsev a decent back-up. But I suggest you to snap up Mariusz Pawelek(Polish GK, Wisla), should cost around 100k.

Centre backs

Rusol is quality, Alcides is rather good too, rest should be sold.

Possible reinforcements :

Checher - good for UPL, got him for 230k and after 1 season sold him for 925k and later got 1.3mil from a 50% sell on clause when he joined Shakhtar.

Tomasz Jodlowiec - you can't sign him right away because he isnt interested in you but I suggest to shortlist him and make a move when the time is right.

Wingbacks

Well you don't have any good ones, Ferreyra is more of a winger and the rest are rubbish waiting to be offloaded

Reccomended players:

Denys Golaydo (1,4mil) - absolute must buy, great RB, can hold his own against the Messis and Ronaldos and also good going forward.

Dmytro Gryshko - develops into a rather good RB and can cover in LB not CL class but a very good back-up

Grygoriy Yarmash - another cheap Ukrainian full back with rather good stats

Oleg Gumenyuk - Best fullback you can get for 1k... he has decent stats in all areas you need for a decent fullback, sold him back to Chornomorets after 2 seasons for 4mil, lol

A good leftback for small money is a problem and I had splash some cash to get 1, Cristian Pulhac for 4.4mil in 3rd season.

Midfielders

Vitaliy Lysytskyi - quality DM, excellent shield for the back 4

Oleg Shelaev - he is old but has few years left in him

Reccomended players:

Nikola Drincic - wonderful player, he could score 20+ goals/assist the same amount from midfield if I'd let him take all the penalties and wouldn't rotate him, I am playing him every game atm, so far hes scored 8 and assisted 9 in 19 games.

Tomislav Dujmovic - "Industrious Midfielder", coolest description I have seen, I didnt had the chance to sign him myself I don't remember what got in the way but I suggest to sign him

Drincic and Dujmovic are both from Russian club Amkar so if you want to get them cheaper (Drincic for 1mil, Dujmovic for 500k) select RPL as View-Only or Playable, otherwise their values are much higher (fe Drincic value is 2.7,m), it is probably tied to the fact that RPL has already 10games in when you start your game and their values have dropped since they play in a weaker league.

Attacking Midfielders

Rotan, Nazarenko, Kalinichenko, Ferreyra are good for 1st team rest, Lyopa and Shakhov are for the future and rest should be sold.

Strikers

Belik, Samodin and Vorobey are rubbish and Mazilu is your only forward and what a forward he is, good in the air, fast and can finish.

Reccomended signings:

Jan Holenda - don't get excited, he is very good in the air and runs his socks off closing down defenders, but his finsihing is rubbish but in my 1st season he scored 19 in 37.

You probably can't offload Belik untill January so you should get by with Mazilu, Holenda and Belik and in January Lewandowski should be interested in joining you.

my transfers 1st season:

http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dniprodnipropetrovskgb8.png

my best XI 1st season:

http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dniprodnipropetrovsk4iu1.png

Things I have won:

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dniprodnipropetrovsk3ms0.png

There aren't many important in's and out's, I deal with quantity not quality.

In's

Akinfeev - top 3 GK in the game, cost me 22mil

Sakhno - regen, cost me 1mil and now a very good CB, every summer I have to fight one big club (so far Inter then Milan) to keep him.

Chyzhov - he cost me 11mil but I have to fill the quota

Golaydo - like I said a must buy, quality RB ( 1.4m)

Nikola Drincic - absolute steal for 1m, his free-kicks and corners have won so many games for me

Yurchenko - 7.5m, the reason I won my 2nd CL, his goal just before halftime in Bernabeu where I was 3-0 down gave me hope and also clinched CL with a late winner in the final.

Milevskyi - good lone stroker cost me 9mil + Gryshko ( 13-15m in total)

Lorik Cana- 12mil for a 30 year-old but I need a DM because Lysytskyi too old and no good young DM-s around.

OUT

There are only 2 outs I would like to mention

Lewandowski (900k) - he wanted a move to a bigger club in the summer, I had him on a 4 year contract maybe I should have kept him against his will for a while to see if he'll reconsider after I have won something but sold him to Genoa for 10mil.

Prudnikov (3.3m) - right before my 1st CL final he came out and said he wanted a move to a bigger club, ****er, Inter was interested so I offered him for 25m + 50% see on clause, offer came in and off he went, he made a total of 6 appearances in Inter before moving on to Bayern for 16m.

my squad:

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dniprodnipropetrovsk6ci1.png

Krejci, Filipovic, Illievski, Sakhno and Hosokawa are regens.

7th season is now over, did a clean sweep on domestic front again for the 4th time in a row, getting kinda boring tbh but I hope other teams can pick themselves up and challenge me

I also won Euro Supercup and WCC and to my suprise reached the semifinal in CL, I mauled Benefica 3:0 on aggregate in the last 16 and got R.Madrid in the quarterfinal, so naturally I wasn't expecting much but I got well-deserved 1:1 draw at Bernabeu and at home things seemed to go against me when I conceeded already in the 9th minute and got a player sent off in the 60th minute but 2 goals in quick succession just after sending off sealed my advance to semifinals where I faced Arsenal who had just destroyed Bayern 7-1 at home and I almost got the same treatment but Akinfeev kept the score to a respectable 1:0 loss but at home I can beat anyone and duly did with Arsenal down 2:0 by 60th minute but then a lucky goal from Adebayor forced me out of competition.

on a interesting note my new signing Lorik Cana generated a lot of intrest from AC Milan, Man City and Chelsea by the last third of the season and I offered him for 30m and AC Milan actually came in with a offer of straight 30m upfront and I just had to accept, not bad for 31 year-old but now I am out of good defensive midfielder with no cover in sight but Chyzhov/Lysytskyi can probably carry me through next season when hopefully a suitable replacment pops up

my stadium is finally beeing expanded albeit only by 3000 seats and I got 118mil for transfers but I don't think I'll be spending that rather increasing it because I have to sell/loan a lot of youngsters to make room for my under 21's because currently I have 20 players on youngster and 93 players on hot prospect contracts....

oh my goodness, the thread is slowly moving to 2nd page

what can I say, selling Cana was a mistake, very hard to find a new quality DM, but 33 year-old Lysytskyi is still class and still controls the midfield in CL games, I am still unstoppable domestically, even when I played 6 of my youth players vs full strenght Dynamo Kiev I trounced them 5-1 in Ukrainian Cup and I am entering winter break as league leaders (p18 w16 d2), 11 pts ahead of Shakhtar.

oh my goodness, the thread is slowly moving to 2nd page

Hehe, don't worry it'll probably pick up again :thup:

Even though I've always played as Dinamo Kiev, I quite fancy a Dnipro game... But at the moment I'm doing a game with Palermo and at the same time trying to create a "super-tactic" following all the TT&F stuff...

By the way, just curious, are you Ukrainian then? I'd like to do a longer career game with a 2nd league team but I wouldn't know which one to pick. Is there any interesting teams, that has a fairly decent squad that you can think of in the 2nd league?

All right, cool :)

I quite like playing in Ukraine as well... Always been a bit fascinated by Ukraine as a country, wouldn't mind visiting Kiev actually!

Yeh, I can check all that stuff but I was just looking for some team history or character of the team. Easier to play long games if you know something about the team in real life I feel...

fking players and their ridicuous wage demands, I almost completed the 19m signing of Nuri Sahin in January but 84k per week, ffs, my entire wage budget is just 300k and this definately wont help me become richest club in the world (silly dream ^^) can't wait for the end of the season. When I ask for stadium expansion board says council wont allow it due to lack of space, so new stadium could be on the cards and hopefully named after me :D

Yeh, it can be brutal trying to expand a club in terms of reputation and finances...

I read somewhere a post about new stadiums, I think it might have been in the editing forums (search if you're interested...), where it seems to be that you have to have a certain cash reserve before a new stadium is triggered. Somewhere between £50m-£250m depending on the size of the new stadium I think it was... But other people where saying occationally the board will go ahead and just take up a massive loan, so keep your fingers crossed ;)

Aye, that's brutal mate... But I've found Adebayor to be a bit of a "super striker" in FM08/FM09...

It might be my suspicion but I think a few of the strikers are so good, that it's almost impossible to stop them.

A few I can think of now: Ibrahimovic, Rooney, Adebayor, E'to...

as you saw I reached semi-finals in CL in my 8th season and I won all trophies at home too..

atm I am at the start of 9th season, I am progressing slowly because I have a lot of youth players to sell and so far I have sold 68mil worth of players and expecting a bit more. Because Ukraine was like 17th in the European coefficents table I got 39pts for reaching the semis and I am finally top team in Europe! in the financial rankings I am currently 11th but I am slowly moving up after every season and eventually I'll top that too !

I bought 2 new players for senior squad, 1st is this fella, got him for 4.4mil+ one of my regens (valued like 5mil-ish), he is natural in DR/L, DC/M but if you look at his stats then he is more suited to DR/DM

12ivaylokartalovlb6.png

I also bought this player, I needed some cover in midfield, seems like an exciting prospect:

26ivicajuriczt2.png

eventually I made 71 mil from player sales + lots of clauses for the future but 75% of the money is due to arrive in the next 24 months, after making 71mil and only spending 7.75, I was aching to spend some of it but no1 on the horizon untill my scout finishes his Turkey assingment and reports this guy:

osmanipekvl2.png

after some flirting with Aragones I got him for 20.5mil, no clauses, can't wait for January transfer window

• 5 months later...

I'm thinking about starting a game in Ukraine, haven't quite decided yet. Just reading through team guides as i'm worried about the foreigner rule. My best saved game so far on FM09 was in Russia which has similar rules. Just hope the youth is really up to standard and that competition from Dinamo and Shaktar remains good. Hate running away with league titles.

i think i will definately start a dnipro game after seeingthis, its a top thread.

i used to manage shakhtar but was just too easy to attract players and win things!!

this should be more of a challenge!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

just started as Dnipro, certainly have high things to follow with this dudes acheivements. It was these or Metalist (who have a great squad)

like OP i am ending up selling alot of players

--

have to admit im sceptical he won the uefa cup in 2009. that's pretty amazing.

and the league every year, ok not so hard but wow seems ridiculous

Archived