Changing player attribute colours the EASY WAY!

Navie

***Check below on how to find/get the default skins that come with FM 2009 if you need to edit those

***For those who like even more customisation to their player attributes, I have added a guide on how to change the player attribute values that the colours are applied to

Because I had a hard time finding out how to change player attribute colours i've wrote here how to do it for those who have no clue about changing player attributes, because...I know how hard it can be when someone else explains it very fast just because they think its easy!

If you need help with anything i've explained...your welcome to ask for help if you get stuck :)

To edit the player attribute colours just follow along, its very simple...

Goto where you have your dDs09 skin or whatever skin your using...you can download the dDs09 skin from the following link http://sortitoutsi.net/2009/graphics/downloads/2/dDs%2009%20v2

Other skins can also be downloaded from the following link http://sortitoutsi.net/2009/graphics/section/296/Skins

...for the dDs09 skin...the skin should be located in C:\Users\username\documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins\dds09v2 which is where you should have your custom downloaded skins.

Once in that folder (C:\Users\username\documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins\dds09v2) go to 'settings'. You should now see some files such as 'colours', 'config', 'fm colours', 'settings'.

Right click on the 'settings' file and select 'Open With' and select NOTEPAD.

Now the file should be open, now read the following CAREFULLY, this is to make things very very easy so you can follow and don't get lost:

You should still have the 'settings' file open, go to it and press the 'down arrow' on your keyboard 82 times so the cursor moves down 82 lines. Now this will bring you to the line you need to start editing to change the colours.

This is what the lines should look like:

<!-- profile attribute colours choosed by geckham. -->

<!-- Orange Peel -->

<colour name="low attribute" red="192" green="192" blue="192" alpha="200" />

<!-- Saffron -->

<colour name="normal attribute" red="255" green="255" blue="0" alpha="235" />

<!-- Yellow-Green -->

<colour name="good attribute" red="0" green="255" blue="0" alpha="245"/>

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="255" green="0" blue="0" alpha="255" />

...low, normal, good and excellent attribute lines should be changed to change attribute colours, the lines your looking to edit/change are in GREEN

Now to know which colours are which open up 'Paint'...this is the windows basic paint tool.

READ THIS If you don't have Paint or you want an even simpler way to find the colour codes read the ORANGE TEXT below, otherwise you can skip all the text in the ORANGE colour and continue to the text in BLUE

Follow this link right here http://www.web-source.net/216_color_chart.htm , that will help you choose the colours if you don't have access to Paint or find it difficult to get the colour codes, thanks for that link red rainbow

If you still can't manage with the colours I will explain what to do below to make it very easy for you.

When you goto to this link http://www.web-source.net/216_color_chart.htm , scroll down to where it says '216 Web Safe Color Chart'. Now see all them nice colours?...ok now each colour has an RGB code.

If you want to use a certain colour then you use the RGB code, lets say you want to use the colour right at the top on the far right just under where it says '216 Web Safe Color Chart'...which is YELLOW, now the RGB code for that is...if you check...

R=255

G=255

B=0

Now to make all the player attributes that are 16-20 you put the RGB code in for the 'Excellent attribute line'

So your attribute line should now look like this:

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="255" green="255" blue="0" alpha="255" />

If you want a different colour then you use the RGB code for the chosen colour and replace the red, green and blue in the line.

Now on the tab in 'Paint' click COLOURS and then EDIT COLOURS and a new window will open, in that window click 'Define custom colours >>'. Now you see 'Basic colours:'...click any one of those colours under that where it says 'Basic colours:'.

On the right you should see a square box that has loads of colours in it (the one that looks like a rainbow), if you click any colour in there you will get a code just below it, you are only interested in what 'Red:, Green: and Blue:' say.

So now...them 3 numbers go into that line I told you to scroll down to earlier (by pressing down 82 times), the Red code goes into where it says Red="0" or whatever number is between the ""

You should do the same for green and blue.

Incase you don't know...the values for low, normal, good and excellent attributes if I recall correctly are:

Low is 0-5

Normal is 6-9

Good is 10-15

Excellent is 16-20

To change the attribute values that the colours are applied to see at the bottom of this thread.

If you get stuck on changing the colours after reading this write here and I will help you incase you get lost, just follow EVERYTHING I said and you should be fine :)

For anyone that does not have Paint...i'm not sure what other programs there are that change the colours.

If you don't have paint put in the following numbers for the following colours so you know it works:

Red=255

Green=0

Blue=0

...and that should give you red. If you change all the attributes to the above code then all your attributes will be red.

Hope that makes sense, make sure to save your changes and reload the skin for changes to take effect and always backup your files! If you need any help let me know, good luck.

##################################################

TO EDIT THE DEFAULT SKINS THAT COME WITH FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009

##################################################

If you don't know how to find/get the default skins that come with FM 2009 look below...

This is a step-by-step method so you can understand and it makes it easier for you to follow.

Right, to do it on skins that already came with the game it requires you to extract the skin files which need to be extracted from an FMF file using the Resource Archiver, to do this follow my instructions, its pretty simple:

1. So to extract the skin files from the FMF files you first need to locate the Resource Archiver, this should have been installed when you installed the game.

To find the Resource Archiver go to where you installed Football Manager 2009 and it should be located in Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\tools\resource archiver

2. Found it? Ok...now open the Resource Archiver. Once the Resource Archiver has opened...in the bottom right hand corner you will see 4 options...click on 'Extract Archive', now a new window will open. At the top you will see 'Location:' and 3 tabs, click the tab on the left and go to the directory Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data

3. Once your in the directory...Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data scroll down and find a file called 'skins' and click it so its highlighted, on the bottom click 'Select'.

4. When you press 'Select' you then have to choose a folder that you want to extract the files to, you can choose whichever folder you want, press 'Select' again and extraction will begin.

5. Once extraction is complete go to the folder you have just extracted the FMF files to, you should see a 'skins' folder...open this and there will be several sub-folders, these are the default FM 2009 skins that come with the game. Now move the sub-folder you need into Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins...this is the place you put the skins you download made by other people and now you edit like a downloaded skin :)

If you have any questions or need any help let me know, good luck.

###########################################################

HOW TO CHANGE THE PLAYER ATTRIBUTE VALUES THAT THE COLOURS ARE APPLIED TO

###########################################################

I will write this in a step-by-step method so everyone can follow it very easily and understand what to do.

1. To change the player attribute values that the colours are applied to...you need to edit a file called 'player profile.xml'...this file can be found in the 'panels' folder of any skin, if its not there don't worry...I will tell you how to fix that in a bit.

For those who don't know where their skin is located:

Your custom skins (the ones made by other people that you have downloaded) should be located in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins

The default skins that came with the game can be located using the guide above.

2. If your 'panels' folder does not contain a file called 'player profile.xml' then you will need to extract the panels.FMF file with the Resource Archiver to get the 'player profile.xml' file, don't worry...this is very easy and I will explain how to do it.

So to extract the 'player profile.xml' file from the panel.FMF file you first need to locate the Resource Archiver, this should have been installed when you installed the game.

To find the Resource Archiver go to where you installed Football Manager 2009 and it should be located in Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\tools\resource archiver

3. Found it? Ok...now open the Resource Archiver. Once the Resource Archiver has opened...in the bottom right hand corner you will see 4 options...click on 'Extract Archive', now a new window will open. At the top you will see 'Location:' and 3 tabs, click the tab on the left and go to the directory Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data

4. Once your in the directory...Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data scroll down and find a file called 'panels' and click it so its highlighted, on the bottom click 'Select'.

5. When you press 'Select' you then have to choose a folder that you want to extract the files to, you can choose whichever folder you want, press 'Select' again and extraction will begin.

6. Once extraction is complete go to the folder you have just extracted the FMF file to, you should see a 'panels' folder...open this and there will be loads of files. Now scroll down until you find the 'player profile' file, once you have found it...right click on the file and select 'Copy'.

7. Now goto the 'panels' folder of the skin where the 'player profile.xml' file was missing and then right click and empty space in that window and click 'Paste', you now should have a file called 'player profile.xml' in the panels folder of that skin.

Now we have found the 'player profile.xml' file we can start to edit that file. Right click on the 'player profile.xml' file and select 'Open With' and select NOTEPAD.

Now the file should be open and all your interested in is the following code which begins at like 5 or 6 lines down from the top:

<!-- attribute colouring -->

<integer id="exca" value="16" />

<!-- excellent threshold -->

<integer id="excn" value="11" />

<!-- normal threshold -->

<integer id="excl" value="6" />

<!-- low threshold -->

I've changed the above code and modified it so its easier for you to see what you need to change, you only need to change the 3 numbers in RED as shown below:

<!-- attribute colouring -->

<!-- low threshold -->

Before you do ANYTHING! Remember the above code displays the attributes like this:

Low is 0-5

Normal is 6-10

Good is 11-15

Excellent is 16-20

The following is for YOU to play around with, simply put in your 3 numbers to replace the 3 RED numbers in the diagram below.

Attribute: LOW-------NORMAL-------GOOD-------EXCELLENT

Threshold: 0-?.............6-?.............11-?..............16-20

Once you have replaced the 3 RED numbers with your own numbers or when you are happy then you should notice that you can now fill in the question marks (?) . This can be done on a piece of paper and a pen!

So for the above code the question marks will be 5, 10 and 15 respectively, so now you should see what the attribute values will be:

LOW = 0-5

NORMAL = 6-10

GOOD = 11-15

EXCELLENT = 16-20

A little explanation...see the 6, 11 and 16? They are the numbers for the thresholds (shown in the code below) for the 'player profile.xml' file.

<!-- low threshold -->

The 'low' threshold value is always the 'normal' attribute start point.

The 'good' threshold value is the start of the 'good' attribute value.

The 'excellent' threshold is the start value of the 'excellent' attribute.

Here is a new example:

Attribute: LOW-------NORMAL-------GOOD-------EXCELLENT

Threshold: 0-?.............9-?.............12-?..............14-20

LOW = 0-8

NORMAL = 9-11

GOOD = 12-13

EXCELLENT = 14-20

Hope that makes sense, make sure to save your changes and reload the skin for changes to take effect and always backup your files! If you need any help let me know, good luck.

Hi mate --Just a bit confused what numbers should I put in each line?

For example on the low attribute --what should my red - green - blue numbers be?

I only want to use 3 colours -Red -Blue - Green ...would appreciate it if you can assist me

Cheers

Hi mate --Just a bit confused what numbers should I put in each line?

For example on the low attribute --what should my red - green - blue numbers be?

I only want to use 3 colours -Red -Blue - Green ...would appreciate it if you can assist me

Cheers

When you say you want to use 3 colours -Red -Blue -Green, do you mean you want your player attribute colours to be red, blue and green?

Also do you have Paint?

If you don't have Paint check the link above this post, I will also post the link right here http://www.web-source.net/216_color_chart.htm , that will help you choose the colours if your a bit confused, thanks for that link red rainbow.

If you still can't manage with the colours I will explain what to do below to make it very easy for you :)

When you goto to this link http://www.web-source.net/216_color_chart.htm , scroll down to where it says '216 Web Safe Color Chart'. Now see all them nice colours?...ok now each colour has an RGB code.

If you want to use a certain colour then you use the RGB code, lets say you want to use the colour right at the top on the far right just under where it says '216 Web Safe Color Chart'...which is YELLOW, now the RGB code for that is...if you check...

R=255

G=255

B=0

Now to make all the player attributes that are 16-20 you put the RGB code in for the 'Excellent attribute line'

So your attribute line should now look like this:

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="255" green="255" blue="0" alpha="255" />

If you want a different colour then you use the RGB code for the chosen colour and replace the red, green and blue in the line.

Hope that helps.

can you only do it on custom skins?

i would like to do it on the default skin if possible.

This is a step-by-step method so you can understand and it makes it easier for you to follow :)

Right, to do it on skins that already came with the game it requires you to extract the skin files which need to be extracted from an FMF file using the Resource Archiver, to do this follow my instructions, its pretty simple:

1. So to extract the skin files from the FMF files you first need to locate the Resource Archiver, this should have been installed when you installed the game.

2. Found it? Ok...now open the Resource Archiver. Once the Resource Archiver has opened...in the bottom right hand corner you will see 4 options...click on 'Extract Archive', now a new window will open. At the top you will see 'Location:' and 3 tabs, click the tab on the left and go to the directory Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data

3. Once your in the directory...Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data scroll down and find a file called 'skins' and click it so its highlighted, on the bottom click 'Select'.

4. When you press 'Select' you then have to choose a folder that you want to extract the files to, you can choose whichever folder you want, press 'Select' again and extraction will begin.

5. Once extraction is complete go to the folder you have just extracted the FMF files to, you should see a 'skins' folder...open this and there will be several sub-folders, these are the default FM 2009 skins that come with the game. Now move the sub-folder you need into Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins...this is the place you put the skins you download made by other people and now you edit like a downloaded skin :)

If you have trouble with any of this write back here and I will help.

Navie, what colours do you have on you're game? I'm struggling to find different colours that work. Got a screenie?

I'm currently using the colours shown in this screenshot along with the same skin shown, I edited the colours and they are my colours, btw...the screenshot seems very low quality...its very fuzzy :S

31611263ns9.jpg

By seals

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to change the colours.

I want to change the player attribute colours.

I go into fm colours.xml and change it to the following

<!-- profile attribute colours -->

<colour name="low attribute" red="255" green="0" blue="0" alpha="0"/>

<colour name="normal attribute" red="0" green="0" blue="128" alpha="0"/>

<colour name="good attribute" red="0" green="0" blue="255" "alpha="0" />

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="0" green="255" blue="0" "alpha="0" />

<colour name="special attribute" red="0" green="100" blue="0" />

<colour name="attribute label" red="40" green="40" blue="40" />

<colour name="special attribute label" red="40" green="40" blue="40" />

<colour name="profile extra text" red="40" green="40" blue="200" />

I want it to have red for bad, blue for medium and green for high. But instead oit puts it to red high green medium and yellow low medium and grey for bad.

What am I doing wrong?

I can't seem to change the colours.

I want to change the player attribute colours.

I go into fm colours.xml and change it to the following

<colour name="low attribute" red="255" green="0" blue="0" alpha="0"/>

<colour name="normal attribute" red="0" green="0" blue="128" alpha="0"/>

<colour name="good attribute" red="0" green="0" blue="255" "alpha="0" />

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="0" green="255" blue="0" "alpha="0" />

I want it to have red for bad, blue for medium and green for high. But instead oit puts it to red high green medium and yellow low medium and grey for bad.

What am I doing wrong?

It is a very good tutorial.

At the monemt have 1-5 as grey, 6-11 as yellow, 12-15 as green and 16-20 as red.

I given given up on trying to get the combination of red for bad, blue for medium and green for high but I would still like to change the green to a darker green or change it to blue.

Can some help me please?

It is a very good tutorial.

At the monemt have 1-5 as grey, 6-11 as yellow, 12-15 as green and 16-20 as red.

I given given up on trying to get the combination of red for bad, blue for medium and green for high but I would still like to change the green to a darker green or change it to blue.

Can some help me please?

open the "colours" xml file in notepad & it will show you the codes for various colors. if you want a different shade of green use the second one down - it's a "celtic" green:

<!-- greens -->

<colour name="green" red="0" green="255" blue="0" />

<colour name="green1" red="0" green="128" blue="48" />

<colour name="green2" red="0" green="96" blue="48" />

<colour name="green3" red="0" green="200" blue="0" />

if you want red for bad & green for good you can just copy what i used:

<colour name="low attribute" red="255" green="0" blue="0" alpha="140"/>

<colour name="normal attribute" red="255" green="0" blue="0" alpha="200"/>

<colour name="good attribute" red="255" green="255" blue="0" />

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="0" green="128" blue="48" />

you just need to change the good attributes to whatever color you like...i used yellow.

i also set everything below 10 as red & 15 up as green.

anyway, hope that helps.

I can't seem to get it working.

I have a skin called "test" in the user data folder.

In the test folder i have 3 folders - graphics, panels, settings. I also have a file called test.xml.

In the panels folder I have a file called player profile.xml

In settings folder I have 4 xmls - config & fm colours

I have copied over

<colour name="low attribute" red="255" green="0" blue="0" alpha="140"/>

<colour name="normal attribute" red="255" green="0" blue="0" alpha="200"/>

<colour name="good attribute" red="255" green="255" blue="0" />

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="0" green="128" blue="48" />

into the fm colours file.

No matter what change I make to fm colours it seems to have no affect.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Archived