FM 2009: Reading F.C.

Abaddon879

The Reading F.C

Team Guide

150px-Reading_badge.png

Reading Football Club are based in the English town of Reading, in Berkshire. They play in the The Championship in the 2008-09 season after being relegated on the final day of the previous season. When Reading gained promotion to the Premier League, on 25 March 2006, they achieved promotion to the top flight earlier in the season than any other post-war side, and also gained the highest points tally ever attained in any of England's four professional divisions. It was also the first time Reading had reached the top division in their history.

They are nicknamed the Royals, due to Reading's location in the Royal County of Berkshire. The crest design is based on the club colours, a crown which in heraldry represents royal sovereignty for the County of Berkshire and a lion which is an image of Reading's most famous landmark, the Maiwand Lion. Consequently, Reading's mascot is a lion called Kingsley Royal.

Club Information:

Full name: Reading Football Club

Nickname(s): The Royals

Founded: 1871

Ground: Madejski Stadium, Reading (Capacity: 24,161)

Chairman: John Madejski

Manager: Steve Coppell

League: The Championship

2007–08: Premier League, 18th (relegated)

Training Facilities: Top Training Facilities

Youth Facilities: Good Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

Finances: Secure

Estimated Value: £25M (Loan Debt £8.75M)

Balance: £9.51M

Transfer Budget: £5M (Promotion) £6.25M (Winner)

Wage Budget: £250K p/w (Promotion) £300k p/w (Winner)

There is some room to play with the finances at Madjeski Stadium. It is possible to get a maximum of £6.4M (Promotion) or £9.35M (Winner) if you make adjustments to your budget allocation.

Staff:

Assistant manager

Kevin Dillon

First Team Coaches

Nigel Gibbs

Wally Downes

Coach

Brian McDermott

GK Coaches

Steve Smith

Salvatore Bibbo

Fitness Coaches

Kunle Odetoyinbo

Ed Franklin

Youth Coaches

Geoff Warner

Eamonn Dolan

Naseem Bashir

Colin Barnes

Physios

Matt Hirons

Jon fearns

Rebecca Brown

Scouts

Geoff Taylor

Steve Shorey

Nicky Hammond

Staff Analysis:

Reading's backroom staff are little better than average to be fair. As a team they can provide 3* training in all areas adequately, with solid 4* training in Strength, Aerobic, Goalkeeping. Wally Downes is a 5* Defence coach however, and many are 4* coaches when on a single discipline, so with some re-arrangement you can get a faily decent training setup with what you have.

**You currently have 11 coaches, with the board only allowing you 6, so be warned if you decide to get rid of some as you may not be able to sign replacements.**

Your Physios all have rather low ratings for Physiotherapy, generally between 10-15, but should be sufficient for the first season. This may be one area you wish to improve however.

As for scouts, Nicky Hammond (JA 15, JP 17) is a good scout, and should be offered a new contract immediately to prevent bigger clubs poaching him. The other two, Geoff Taylor (JA 10, JP 10) and Steve Shorey (JA 12, JP 12) can be useful too, at least for the first season.

*All stats were for my game, and are likely to change for your game so check before you make any decisions*

Squad:

Goalkeepers

GK - Adam Federici

GK - Marcus Hahnemann

Defenders

D/WB L - Dan Harding (on loan from Ipswich)

D/WB L - Chris Armstrong

D/WB R - Graeme Murty

DRL, WB R - Liam Rosenior

D RC, DM, M C - André Bikey

D C - Michael Duberry

D C - Ívar Ingimarsson

D C - Alex Pearce

Midfielders

D C, DM, M C - Khalifa Cissé

D C, DM, M C - Brynjar Gunnarsson

DM, M C - James Harper

M C - Jem Karacan

M C - Gylfi Sigurdsson

AM R - James Henry

AM RL - Jimmy Kébé

AM RLC - Jay Tabb

AM LC - Oliver Bozanic

AM L - Stephen Hunt

AM C - Marek Matejovsky

Strikers

AM RL, ST - Noel Hunt

ST - Kevin Doyle

ST - Leroy Lita

ST - Shane Long

ST - David Mooney

Squad Analysis:

Reading have a very talented squad that should be able to return to the premiership without too many problems. The team may have been broken up a little since relegation, but they have managed to keep hold of Kevin Doyle and Stephen Hunt, which could have proved crucial. The January signing of Jay Tabb made up for the departure of Bobby Convey at left midfield, and the season-long loan signing of Dan Harding at left back has helped to strengthen what was a notoriously weak position.

Goalkeepers:

Hahnemann and Federici are more than capable of lasting the first season, with Hahnemann as your first choice keeper. You don't need to look for a replacement just yet, as Federici is very able and will deputise happily. You will need to look for a long-term replacement to Hahnemann however, as he is unlikely to last longer than the first season.

Defenders:

The current squad consists of 4 fullbacks, and 4 central defenders, which is perfect in terms of depth. There are some issues in regards to their quality however. Murty is a little slow, and can sometimes struggle against a pacey winger, so you may want to look at finding a replacement for him. You might also want to look at purchasing a new central defender so you do not have to rely on Pearce, as he is still relatively young and needs more experience.

Midfielders:

You currently have 2 defensive midfielders, 2 central midfielders, 4 wingers and an attacking midfielder, which is a good amount of depth. I would demote Sigurdsson and Bozanic to the resevers to gain more experience as they do not add much and are still young. You may want to bring in an extra attacking midfielder with some pace, as Matejovsky is lacking any real pace and there is no real alternative for that position. A right midfielder would also be a worthy addition to the team as Henry is very young you might benefit from a someone who can bring something a little bit different to Kebe.

Attack:

In this position you have two pacey strikers in Lita and Long, and two strong strikers in Doyle and N.Hunt. Mooney is young and is not ready for first team football yet, however he has some real pace on him and so should be watched to see how he progresses. There isn't any real need for improvements in this department, however if you find you are not scoring then perhaps a tall striker who can head them in would add a further dimension to your attacking options.

Overall Conclusion:

Reading are a very good career choice for those who want a quick route to the premiership. They have the basis of a premiership side, and with a few signings in the right positions they can easily win the Championship once more. Once you get them promoted, you shouldn't have too much trouble staying there, as most of your team have played at that level so should be capable.

In terms of signings, £5M isn't the biggest budget in the Championship, but Reading have Premiership experience now and as such their reputation should have grown. if you can find some foreign bargains or perhaps some free transfers then the first season could be a very straight forward one. I see Reading as a game for those looking to the future and planning to improve on their previous success in the premiership.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very good thread, i started the demo with reading seeing as i support them. i had a kitty of something like 9mill on there, i was able to buy viana (CM for 1.5mill), razvan rat (LB for 2.7mill), and sebatien larsson (RM for something like 4mill - can probs get cheaper). i personally was disappointed with kebe's stats, but can understand why they might be so low if they judged him on how good he played before the season started. also you say in the squad analysis that reading lack any real DMs, i find that cisse's stats are more than enough for this position, or even gunnars when he's back from injury, and looking at the squad you can afford to play them there rather than CB where you have bikey and ingi. i also feel although hahnemann and feders are good, another addition is needed in the case of an injury or if hahnemann retires soon.

again i'll say it though, good thread

Yes Cisse could play DM or MCd, but I don't feel his stats quite make him a strong holding midfield player. His teamwork and work rate are only 10 on mine, and his positioning and tackling are 12. He can do the job, but at a very basic level. I tend to use Cisse and Bikey as my DC, with duberry and Ingimarsson as backups. The pace of cisse and bikey at the back helps keep up with some of the faster strikers in the division. As for Gunnarson, he is acceptable, but out for the first month or two, and he is getting slow in his old age. Could definately do with someone in if using a holding midfielder in your tactic.

I would definately reccomend Larsson for the MR position, however at DL I tend to go for Mattock as he has huge potential and can stay with you well into the premiership and even europe if you get there. Another favourite of mine is Smertin on a free. Very useful player for those games when your up against a tough team.

Keeping Doyle will be one of the hardest tasks I think. He is by far their star striker, and I would say even star player. The game always says Harper is, but strikers like Doyle are hard to find.

What formation were you playing? I'm guessing Doyle wasn't employed as a lone striker as you say it was weird that no-one else scored really. What about Noel Hunt? I have found him to be useful, as has Long been. Lita is a waste of space on the game though. No real pace, and not great infront of goal.

Playing through first season and 4th in table in Feb. As with everyone Doyle is scoring loads. Noel Hunt is a good partner. Have lost Harper, Matejovsky, cisse and Rosenior to big bids from higher teams.

Long doing ok. Lita is muck.Signed Sadick Adams and he's got a few.

agreed on Lita. rubbish so far for me.

Doyle the superstar and to date has probably scored 85% of my goals incl a 5 goal haul.

Reading have so far been quite an easy team to manage in the championship and i predict a relatively easy promotion and then some tough times in the prem.

Hows it goin Royals, started my game so far am 12 games in and im 14th. I have brought alot of players in so think team hasnt gelled well really but im starting to look up. Im playin a 4-5-1 with doyle on his own up front, what is everyone else using?? Im finding myself letting alot in but hoping to score more.

Has anyone got to prem and kept doyle? Everyone replaced hahneman?

Ended up losing the play off final. In end of season now. Still have Doyle but not hopeful. Looking to strengthen all over the place.Mattock is looking to leave and Stephen Hunt.

Playing a 442 formation with Noel Hunt or Sadick Adams as partner. Stilic is usually my MC with farrow and Karacen with barrow.

Receiving bids daily from Fenerbache for Karacen. Started off with 0 value and now at a million.

thats a shame - he's a quality keeper, i'm starting my file now :)

I'll be playing a narrow 4-5-1 with 3 AMC's and two MC/DM's

I think i'll get Jarosic and a couple of midfielders, plus a backup striker, any suggestions?

Have a look at Sadic Adams.He's young but bags of potential.

ok guys, here are my players in and out:

In:

Kingson (GK) - 525K

Deac - 600k

Fuentes - 200k

Jarosic - 950k

Cowie - 1m

Smertin - Free

Kabous - 975k

Cobo - 60k

Humberto Suazo - 3.3m

Sadic adams - 350k

Olivi - 1.7m

Out -

Harper - 5m delighted with that

Hunt - 4.3m

Long - 3.5m

I'll add more if i get anymore in, can't wait to start the season :)

Just started a Reading Season, Large Database with only English Leagues. Made offers for Mattock, Fuentes, Borges, Enyeama and Borges. Going to sell a few players that i will be looking at now. Playing 442 with 1 CM B arrow and 1 CM F arrow. The Full Backs on attack mode and centre halfs ultra defensive and Wingers running up the wing. Starting Line up = GK = Hahnemann DR = Rosenior DL = Armstrong DC = Bikey DC = Ingimarsson MR = Henry ML = Hunt MC = Harper MC = Matejovsky FC = Doyle FC = Hunt

Just started a Reading Season, Large Database with only English Leagues. Made offers for Mattock, Fuentes, Borges, Enyeama and Borges. Going to sell a few players that i will be looking at now. Playing 442 with 1 CM B arrow and 1 CM F arrow. The Full Backs on attack mode and centre halfs ultra defensive and Wingers running up the wing. Starting Line up = GK = Hahnemann DR = Rosenior DL = Armstrong DC = Bikey DC = Ingimarsson MR = Henry ML = Hunt MC = Harper MC = Matejovsky FC = Doyle FC = Hunt

Get rid of Ingimarsson!!I brought in Christian Sarghi on the cheap but better alternatives out there. If you get Borges sell Matejovsky and as back up get Semir Stilic.

hi fellow royals! urz!

I am in my 3rd season with reading.

I won promotion in my 1st season, holding on to doyle who was my main man. As I won promotion I sold harps-doyle-s.hunt and matejovsky.

All for around 20 mill. Dint want to but they were unhappy as the bigger clubs come in, and they had done me a gd service so I took the money hoping to rebuild, unfortunalty I didnt have all the money straight away, and in turn couldn't buy any brillant players, just good players from championship. I signed marvin elliott from bristol city, someone I wanted for ages to replace harps. he was in my 2nd season my best player.

Others went out and some come in, but I did...rubbish and went down bottom, but just held onto my job. Really needed doyle's goals!

I had played well, but suddenly me tacs went wrong and it took me a while to find something else that did work. Also I had played well against the big teams andf rubbish against the teams around me. I had learnt alot though, like don't sell your bestr striker lol.

As I went down I sold bikey and cisse, 2 really good centre backs who made a gd partnership, but got offered good money. I also sold chris eagles, who I brought wen I went up, he was a ace rw.

Mikkel Anderson in goal has been a revelation! a reserve yongster when i joined now my no.1, and has been all through my 2nd and 3rd season, keeping out federici and now kirkland! I also now in my 3rd season let lita go, as he was bad in the prem.I have made some good signings for championship lvl, but they took a while to blend.

I was hoping to go up again automatically, but I am just outside play-offs by 3 points.

It has been an in consistent 3rd season, but I have just signed stephen fletcher from hibs, and he is banging in the goals........

lets hope I go up, otherwise Im for the sack!!

That was a great initial post - lots of useful information. I am 17 or 18 games into a season with Reading at the moment and sit top by a couple of points. I haven't sold anyone and brought in the following:

Fuentes

Matias Lequi - Argentinian CB on a free.

Hugo Viana - £1.5 million

Sebastian Abreu - Disappointing and fills a back-up role

Volodymr - The DR/DC from Shakhtar as back-up for my team

Team as follows:

Hahneman

Murty Lequi Fuentes Rosenior

Harper Hugo Viana

Kebe Matejovsky S Hunt

Doyle

It seems to perform well and am on a 12 game unbeaten run at the moment.

Guy's here's some great cheap players.

Name: Masilela

Position: LB

Club: M. Haifa

Cost: £240K

Name: Tordoya

Position: CB

Club: Bolivar

Cost: £70K

Name: Samuel(Is this the player you found Reading's Revolving, Ranting, Ricochet.)

Position: CB

Club: Elche

Cost: Scout said £110K

These are all great players, especially Masilela as I had him with Sunderland and after a season he was worth £5M, all will sign with Reading and all get work permits.

I am managing Reading as they are the closest team to me in the Championship. I finished my first season top of the league, winning it comfortably, with 106 points, which included a run of games during the middles of the season which won me the league where i lost one game in 27 and won 14 in a row.

Signings made:

Emiliano Insua- Liverpool- Loan

Razvan Rat- Shaktar- £2.7m

Thomas Gravesen- Free

Alexy Smertin- Free

Steffano Fiore- Free

Robie Fowler- Blackburn- £85k

Luis Bolanos- LDU de Quito- £3.1m

Patrick Gerrison-Loan

Jeffrey Sarpong- Loan

John Gerritson- Loan

Victor Moses- Crystal Palace- £1.5m

Formation/Tactics

I am playing quite an attacking 4-4-2 with a holding midfielder.

Lots of creative freedom

Short quick passing with a high tempo

Lots of closing down

Hanehmann

Rosenior

Bikey

Gunnarson

Insua

Cisse- holding

Harper- attacking

Hunt- left

Moses- right

Lita

Doyle

Top Performers

Hanhemann- P41 Conceded 30 AVR 7.13

Bikey- P40 AVR 7.25

Moses- p25 AVR 7.08, scored 3, assists,6

Doyle- p39 AVR 7.35, scored 26, assist 11

Lita - p46 AV4 7.22, scored 25, assists, 14

Harper- p32, AVR 7.29, scored 7, assists 6

League Form

Played 46

Won 32

Drawn 10

Lost 4

Scored 93

Conceded 34

2ND SEASON

Signings-

Segundo Castillo- Red Star- Free

Alexandre Song- Arsenal- Loan

Davide Santon- Inter- Loan

Fausto Rossi- Juventus- Loan

Eros Corradini- Grosseto- £250k

Robert Lewandowski- Lech- £1.5m

Dorian Dervite- Free

Abou Diaby- Arsenal- £3.7m

I also signed 22 youngsters with 15 of them being regens- for a total of £2m ish

Players Out-

Stefano Fiore- £150k

Alexy Smertin- £80k

Alex Pearce - £600k

Jimmy Kebe- £1.5m

Shane Long- £3m

David Mooney- £200k

Chris Armstrong- £425k

Ivar Ingarmason-£500k

Emerse Fae- £2.5m

Graeme Murty- £110k

Total Income £9m

Total expenditure- £7.75m

I had a turnover of £78m second season, with expenditure of £53m

I had a very succesful season finishing 9th

Played 38

Won 17

Drew 9

Lost 12

Scored 64

Conceded 57

FA. CUP 6th round

League Cup 4ht round

Top Performers

Luis Bolanos AVR 7.12

Segundo Castillo AVR 7.15

Abou Diaby AVR 7.21

Kevin Doyle- AVR 7.18

Robert Lewandowksi 7.17

Razvan Rat- 7.21

Third Season

Signings-

Vincent Kompany- £3.5m

Roger Johnson- £4m

further £15m on regens

Out-

Noel Hunt

Dorian Dervite

Chris Porter- Wolves - total of £7.5m

Marek Matjeovsky- Middlesbrough- £2.3m

Thanks for reading

Feel free to ask any questions

Ok just finished first season with the royals and was very very happy i cleared alot out in the first season, but onto how it went finished top with 94 points ten clear with wolves and saints coming up too.

1st season transfers

In:

Lequi - DLC -Free, been very very solid

C Tordoya - DC - 250k, young good future

Pouso - DM - 24k, was great and very cheap strong and consistent

R Torres - DM - 130k, my best buy this guy was immense his avg ended like 7.7 brill

Candelario - MRLC - 160k, great all round midfielder play all across mid

P Lima - DL - 1.8m, awesome lb and worthy of the new prem position

Ismodes - AMRL - 1.8m, brilliant young winger has a brill season and chipped in with goals

C Borges - AMC - 600k, was ok for season up and down but only young

Binya - MC - 190k cheap buy and played well all season when req

S Abreu - SC - free, started well but faded out as i play one upfront

Viafara - GK - Free, this guy is immense and to hold pos for many years

Marquinhos - AMRLC,SC - 3.5m, great money spent on a wonderkid, and was brill on wing and upfront

1st Season Out:

James - 1m - wolves

Convey - 1.5m - West Brom

Dubbery - 625k - Plymouth

Pearce - 550k - coventry

Sodje - 100k - Sheff Utd

Federici - 850k - Panathinaikos

Ingimarsson - 600k - parma

Murty - 250k - QPR

Kebe - 800k - Hull

Lita - 750k - Brsitol City

Matejovsky - 2m - Everton

Gunarsson - 95k - Palace

Cisse - 1.8m - Lille

I made a huge clearout for good or bad reasons but they did really well for me shaky start but once they gelled it was great aadn im very happy with how they all played and the squad has gone into the prem with alot of prem quality, my main star had to be Doyle he played 41 and got 29 absolute goal machine. I went up and the board gave me a 6m budget so i decided to sell a little and bring a few more faces in

2nd Season In:

Bellamy - Free - Couldnt not reallly

Rinaldo - Free - Great 23 year old good stats

C Gonalez - Free - Good winger

Bellucci - Free - CM, from roma young but immense and gonna get better

Radoi - 3.2m - CB, leading star for prem clubs by scout bargain

Coutadeur - 5.75m - DM, this guy is a french star well worth the cash

Decided to sell what i thought couldnt hack the prem and squad was huge

2nd Season Out:

Harper - 4.6m - Sunderland, couldnt say no for that

Long - 3.4m - Hull, again couldnt say no wasnt doin much for me

Hahnemann - Free, decided not to retain

Armstron - 300k -sunderland

Fae - 2.5m -Saint-Etainne

Golbourne - 425k -Preston

N Hunt - 2.2m - Hull

R Torress - 2.2m - Stoke, gutted but so many cm and alot of money for him

Prem Season 2009/10 - Ok season has kicked off and im doin ok 5 games in and 13th, started with 4-5-1 as played last season but changed to a flat 4-4-2 and got me a draw to arsenal, still having trouble finding best eleven really, doyle doesnt seem to be as effective how has everyone done with him??

Any questions please ask, sorry so long

Prem Season 2009/10 - Ok season has kicked off and im doin ok 5 games in and 13th, started with 4-5-1 as played last season but changed to a flat 4-4-2 and got me a draw to arsenal, still having trouble finding best eleven really, doyle doesnt seem to be as effective how has everyone done with him??

Doyle has been brilliant for me,

1st season: p42 scored 26

2nd season(prem) p21 scored 11

3rd season(prem) played 5 scored 3

overall p 68 scored 40, so hes over the magic 1:2 goals per game ratio, although these are only his league stats i can try and find out his overall if you want

and another thing why do people sell leroy lita he has also been quality for me its only now that ive signed robert lewandowskie, that he has to be content with the bench.

1st Season p 46 scored 25

2nd season p8(15) scored 8

3rd season p 2(2) scored 0

overall 54(17)scored 33

I got taken over by a Japanesse billionairre half way through the 2nd season. Now 6 games into my 3rd season and im walking away with it. Among my team is Jermaine Defoe, Giovanni dos Santos, Neri Castillo & Valter Birsa. Can I get a woot woot. Still in the championshop lost out in the playoffs semi finals last year.

:) I'm either dreaming or this is my lucky day. I almost joined Aston Villa last season as well. Good things come to those who wait :)

an fm reading fc update,

so following on from my post (number 24) I was not promoted. But I didnt get the sack, infact I was offered a new 2 yr contract, which I gratefully accepted.

I finished 8th, 5 points outside the play-offs. I ended the season badly, my tactics were going wrong, and I spent the rest of the season treying to work something new, which never happened.

So over the pre-season I decided to sell alot of my players, who I wasnt too happy with. I made alot of money from this, and I was still getting alot in from transfers I had previously done, as with my sale of players I took the 24 month payment deal, keeping my income up for a longer period.

I managed to get doyle back to reading for 6 mill off villa, who I had sold him to for 10 mill. I was delighted at his capture and I knew he would score the goals to get me up.

I sold some and signed some, dont have my game open here to see but my starting line up heading into my 4th season was

KIRKLAND who was brillant

MANCIENNE held down rb position from doyley all season

KOMPANY cost me alot in wages 35k a week in championship, but went for it as as I got him for 2.8 mill and he was solid as a rock

RIDGEWELL very good solid championship player, formed a great partnership with kompany

SPURR great lb, in a solid defence

COWIE very cheap, underrated championship player, lots of assits and gd avg rating

HARPER another legend I signed back, for 500k, sold him to man city for 5 mill! solid as ever, very consistant

DELPH player of the year! brought him in 1st season, and he had never really played for me, out on loan twice, stuck him in and wow!

MCCORMACK fantastic winger, always performed and scored important goals

DOYLE my favourite player of the campaign, goal machine

FLETCHER top striker with a continetal rep, was only national when i got him.

these guys saw me promoted with 103 points and oinly 4 defeats. I worked my ass of to find a n ew set of tactics in preseason and I finally did. Hopefully they will work in prem, where I'm looking at staying up.

I will keep my best players, as I didnt last time in the prem, which I think cost me.

I also last time showed too much loyalty to my player and this time I am goping to sign new first team players. I am just heading into preseason, I have signed loads of top youngsters, on my scouts apprasials. I have signed marko basa for cb,crespo, a lb from sevilla, and gary glen for 6 mill, a top scottish striker. hope to get more and sell some back up players.

HERE WE GO AGAIN...............

Just been promoted to the Prem in 1st season; played 4-4-2 attractive football throughout the year, Matejovsky got me 12 goals. But the main man was really Doyle who got an amazing 35 goals in 38 appearances.

Key to this was playing high width and play ball down left and right, my wingers (S.Hunt and Kebe/Nathan Dyer) skinned the full-back before crossing for usually Doyle to head in . . .

Players signed=Nathan Dyer (Southampton £1.5m), Ross McCormack (Cardiff £1m), Michael Tonge (Stoke £2m)

Sold=Federici £1m, Convey £4m

Has anyone got any players to recommend I sign for my 1st season in Prem?

well well..pre season went pretty rubbish. but i stuck with my same tactics that have served me well over the past season and was facing man city, first prem game in my 5th season with reading. line up was

KIRKLAND still looking good

STEARMAN relegated with wolves so got him cheap

KOMPANY hopin he will add prem class

SMITH quality young cb i snatched from ipswich, hopefully a future england cb

CRESPO great lb

EAGLES one of my favourite players in my fm game, back where he belongs

BIALGI my new captain, decent age and brill stats, hoping he will rip prem midfields apart

HARPER another ledge back at the royals

MCCORMACK so underated and absolute dynamite player

DOYLE prem prem striker

GLEN young scot, who did **** at hearts, ok at blackburn, now banging them in 4 me

I was nervous before my city game, wondering if my team could hack the prem again, and boom boom did they, I whooped city @ home 4-2.

I then played spurz, went 2-0 up, but drew 2-2.

Then played everton, and i was 1-0 down for 80 mins.

swapped my attacking midfielder for dan sturridge, who scored 2 goals in ,last 10 4 a 2-1 win.

So I am 3rd atm, undefeated and looking decent. All I want to do is stay up so anything futher would be great.

report back soon

Hello

The first season with Reading i dont get any offer to join reserve league og under 18 league ? Why not ?

At first i belived i had answered no on a question, started up a new game and the first game are about to played.

is there no way to get them to join the leagues ?

Hello

The first season with Reading i dont get any offer to join reserve league og under 18 league ? Why not ?

At first i belived i had answered no on a question, started up a new game and the first game are about to played.

is there no way to get them to join the leagues ?

You should get an invite.Had you enough players in your Reserve and Youth teams?? I think-may be wrong but if you don't have 11 in the squad you don't get invited.

Ok xmas update am in january 2010 and im sat in 12th with 22 games gone best result had to be beating liverpool 1-0 at home was glorious, I have to admit goal scoring is hard doyle isnt doing much in prem which is gutting so using marquinhos(my brazilian wonderkid) and bellamy and their doin well.

Starting to think bout signings at end of season now need some good prem class to push on really any ideas for strikers lads?? And possibly a GK?? Not sure of money its reading lads so not a huge amount, Cheers

1st season transfers

In:

Lequi - DLC -Free, been very very solid

C Tordoya - DC - 250k, young good future

Pouso - DM - 24k, was great and very cheap strong and consistent

R Torres - DM - 130k, my best buy this guy was immense his avg ended like 7.7 brill

Candelario - MRLC - 160k, great all round midfielder play all across mid

P Lima - DL - 1.8m, awesome lb and worthy of the new prem position

Ismodes - AMRL - 1.8m, brilliant young winger has a brill season and chipped in with goals

C Borges - AMC - 600k, was ok for season up and down but only young

Binya - MC - 190k cheap buy and played well all season when req

S Abreu - SC - free, started well but faded out as i play one upfront

Viafara - GK - Free, this guy is immense and to hold pos for many years

Marquinhos - AMRLC,SC - 3.5m, great money spent on a wonderkid, and was brill on wing and upfront

Who is this R Torres who did so well for you? I couldn't find any R.Torres. Found a Juan Manuel Torres who looks pretty handy but not R.Torres

Who is this R Torres who did so well for you? I couldn't find any R.Torres. Found a Juan Manuel Torres who looks pretty handy but not R.Torres

He is from peru, i have large database and south america loaded. well well worth it some gems in there, he was prob my best but too hope it helps

Archived