The Best Update  

167 members have voted

1. 1. The Best Update

• Weegie
    • Mr B
    • ADDM
    • Susie
    • Other

I really want to get back into FM, but can't choose which update to use. Been waiting for Weegie to come out but sounds dissappointing. Flicking through other topics on other updates, ADDM looks respectable, but I don't know how well the lower English leagues have been updated, which is probably where I'll play.

Anyway, which is the best update in your opinion?

For lower English leagues I would say Weegie without a doubt, all the players who have been free-transferred are there for you to pick up whereas in other updates (I've not tried them all but I've tried some) they're still at their old clubs.

They are about the same. Read through their threads to check out the feedback, and find out what they did wrong or left out, then decide for yourself. I don't agree with some of the default ratings, so I usually download an update and then do a little editing myself prior to starting a new game.

Unless you plan on playing some obscure league like Slovakia 3rd div, any one of those updates should be good enough.

Depends on which one you like. I believe some of the updates include attributes changes. I like Weegie as they only do updates and they do not touch the attributes at all.

To each his own i suppose. I feel that since updates are supposed to bring your game as up to date and as realistic as possible, then attributes should also be updated, since the vanilla attributes are a year old. Some players have improved, others have flopped and failed to live up to their potential.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived