The Susie Update Thread

The Minsterman

Welcome to the official Susie Update Disscussion thread for Version One of the Susie Update. I'd like to thank my research team whos work was invaluable to the progression of this project and VP for all his help in brining this to fruition. One thing I know will be mentioned is Joey Barton's Global Ban, it is set at 12 when he has 6 and then a further 6 the following season, due to not being able to represent that in the game I have granted him a 12 game ban instead.

Version One includes accurate european qualifiers, co-efficient, league updates, many transfer and several more features. Hopefully you all enjoy playing the Susie Update and I will continue to endevour to provide an accurate and fun database to prolong your gametime coming up to FM09, where I can confirm the Susie Update will continue to be made for the newest title.

I have decided to post this now, earlier on Saturday morning not only to get a bit more time to tweak a few things but also to give you something fun to wake up to and play over the weekend.

I hope you all enjoy the first Susie Update, please feel free to discuss the update here in this thread and post any constructive criticism you have.

Filefront.com Link

Susie Link

Just to say about Barton's ban. I thought he had a 6 game ban and then a suspended 6 game ban which won't be invoked unless he gets sent off for violent conduct in the future or is involved in another incident of violence. Also shouldn't it be domestic rather than global?

Anyway there is a lot of these updates springing up. It is great you have decided to create another. :thup::)

Well this is actually whatwas formerlly known as the Minsterman Update, and I've been working on it since 8.0.2 came out, though I've decided to finally pop it on here as well.

From what I understood Barton's ban was 6 now, 6 next season, maybe I've misheard what Five Live meant though! If thats the case it will certainly be ammended for the following updates, which will continue until FM09 is released.

Thank you for the welcome though :).

Just had a quick look and i`d have to say another grea installment from you guys i had ur one for 07 and it played like 08 without the new features perfectly KUTGW.

One small thing i think Man City should have nearly and endless pit to be honest and i support Manchester United

Some player stats have been touched yes, such as Elano who needed a tone down and so on. Mostly widely reported tweaks that people have felt was required.

As for how accurate it is, I am probably not the best person to answer that, I'm not sure how it compares to other popular databases as I don't really play the game with any other than my own.

I am sure once its been out for a while people will be able to tell you themselves :)

I haven't actually touched any of the Spurs players, so they all have their original stats, not that many players have been tweaked, just people who were blatantly over rated such as Elano and Henok Goitom, so I'm not why the Spurs lads would be any different to the vanilla database.

As I have a soft spot for Spurs I wouldn't mind them having a squad of world beaters :D.

tomatov, the susie link won't be active for a couple of hours, it goes active to premium users first a few hours before the rest can get at it, should be available in four hours from that link.

ahh maybe I'm being paranoid! Very weird, its cos Berbs has gone lol. May keep this update then as I am loving the finances, about right we have alot of money we just buy awful players (except Modric, Bentley, Dos Santos, Corluka) usually. How often will you be updating this?

Well I've been upating most of August, and most of the monhs before then since 8.0.2 came out so I am having a few days break! ;)

I intend to start making ammendments on Monday once people have had time to post errors and so on.

Yup, Spurs are nice and rich after the Berbatov sale so you have some cash to try and replace him, Pavulychenko isn't too bad though from what I've seen when testing, he tends to score a few.

Hibs haven't been tweaked no, they do have better finances than before though, all the Scottish teams do. I am not sure exactly what they get, but it should be more than normal, Iwill give them a boost though if they've made that much.

I'd just like to re-iterate that only a few players have been tweaked and certainly not in a fashion that will make them useless and only when they have been decided on by a panel of us on the Susie Forums, i.e. Henok Goitom can be a world beater in vanilla, yet hes scored very few goals at all in La Liga last season, so hes been downgraded a tad so he can still score, but not like Thierry Henry.

Any players people think are over/under rated feel free to mention them.

Roadways, I have updated quite a few leagues, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, Scotland as well as England, and while they aren't complete they are fairly detailed, I will certainly be editting them as I like a good European game myself.

I am off out now to watch York City v Woking, so I apologise for not answering. I will try and answer all questions upon my return.

Hibs haven't been tweaked no, they do have better finances than before though, all the Scottish teams do. I am not sure exactly what they get, but it should be more than normal, Iwill give them a boost though if they've made that much.

I'd just like to re-iterate that only a few players have been tweaked and certainly not in a fashion that will make them useless and only when they have been decided on by a panel of us on the Susie Forums, i.e. Henok Goitom can be a world beater in vanilla, yet hes scored very few goals at all in La Liga last season, so hes been downgraded a tad so he can still score, but not like Thierry Henry.

Any players people think are over/under rated feel free to mention them.

Roadways, I have updated quite a few leagues, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, Scotland as well as England, and while they aren't complete they are fairly detailed, I will certainly be editting them as I like a good European game myself.

I am off out now to watch York City v Woking, so I apologise for not answering. I will try and answer all questions upon my return.

Cheers - will give yours a download and give it a go. I'm keen to have a go at creating a European SuperLeague and wanted as up to date a players db as possible to work with.

Good Work, York to win 3-1 btw

Hi, First I have to say good work, I tried doing one for just the premierleague and it took me ages.

Just a few things though:

Zak Jones reserve team GK at Blackburn was released and is now at Chorley FC.

Rostyn Griffiths of Rovers reserve team has agreed a loan deal to go to Accy Stanley once the loan market opens again.

Also the whole backroom staff needs sorting as well. Glyn Hodges has gone to Man City and we've bought in a lot from MK Dons.

Hope this helps, keep up the good work.

Keep telling me about any errors you spot lads, its very helpful as you obviously know your clubs better than I do.

I shan't be uploading a new one on Monday I am afraid, I want to ammend errors and work on some other leagues and so on, but the updates will, hopefully, be weekly where appropriate.

Archived