FM10 - Landon Donovan

AcidBurn

donovano.jpg

Can't believe this guy doesn't have his own thread he usually signs for Chelsea on my past few saves but I managed to bag him for my Sunderland side. I was worried that I had made a mistake as he cost me £7 million over 48 months and £2 million upfront. This guy is simply brilliant, doesn't matter if its AMC, AMR or upfront he has performed brilliantly for my team. No doubt there are people better and younger but I have not found a player for Sunderland in the first season that has performed as well as this guy has.

You stole him off Chelsea :eek:..

... For that, you get a well done and thumbs up :thup:

He is absolutely quality on FM10, and I found he is a fantastic poacher! He isn't greedy either, he is one of the very few strikers that I see 'square the ball' across the box for another striker to score, rather than taking a pop shot himself!

Will look into obtaining him for my Ajax team' date=' he always go to chelsea though so annoying!

They always buy danny wilson, jadson, suarez and donovan! and they never play just rot in reserves...[/quote']

Jadson is at liverpool on my united save

chelsea have the rest

I think lando needs an edit in 10.3 to hate chelsea :D

I haven't played with Donovan on 10.3 yet, but he was great for my Villarreal side on 10.2 and he's even better on this patch. The determination, stamina, and natural fitness make him a great winger, he outruns the opposing fullbacks every time.

You stole him off Chelsea :eek:..

... For that, you get a well done and thumbs up :thup:

He is absolutely quality on FM10, and I found he is a fantastic poacher! He isn't greedy either, he is one of the very few strikers that I see 'square the ball' across the box for another striker to score, rather than taking a pop shot himself!

I don't think he's all that but Chelski have signed him in every save I've had (FYI Ty I've probably had more saves than Batty1!) so he must have something.

• 4 months later...

donovanj.jpg

Brilliant season for Donovan, I play a tactic that involves a lone striker with two AMC's one creative and the other to score goals and join the lone striker. Donovan played as the goal scoring AMC and these were the results played some of the best football I have had from a player in this role on FM10. He is an absolute bargain but doesn't seem to get too much of a mention on these forums for some reason, I think his composure stat may put people off.

I hope his Composure gets a bump in FM11 after the World Cup. He fiercely finished his good chances in the World Cup.

Same goes for his set piece taking, his corners and free kicks were much more dangerous - on a consistent basis - than almost all of the more heralded players I got a chance to watch.

Archived