[FM2010]Zero Sea's Team Talk

*** Introduction ***

Thanks for xiaoicy's translation.My team talk is the most popular in China since FM930.

For those who are new to this game, there is a relation between "Tactics", "Team Talk" and "Luck" which can cause you to win/lose a match.

Most of the error are made from "Team Talk", and i personally gone thru numerous times of testing and research, and thus share this "Team Talk" of mine to you guys/girls out there.

How to check your Team Talk Effect?

1. You can only predict during matches. Open up the "Player rating" box and "Motivation" box. Usually those rating are not so high, but if you see some players with "bright green" color words in the "Motivation" box, means that your team talk works on them. But, if you see "white" color words in the "Motivation" box, means either the team talk doesnt have any effect on them or they have negative effect on them. When your players got high rating, your motivation box will surely fill with "bright green" words, which is very hard to see if your team talk is working or not. But normally, when you played till half time, and if most of your players are having "bright green" words for them, mean that your team talk are working.

2. After a match, you can go to "Assistant Advice" to get your teamtalk feedback.

3. Assistant only feedback on those who have react on your teamtalk.

4. FM game engine got the "Save the Losing Team" system. There are some signs that are not related to teamtalk. eg. When you are losing, your players will either "Playing nervously" or "Looked Fired", but performance better than actual rating; when you are leading, your players will become "complacent", but performance not as good as rating. If you dont believe, you can use "For the Fans" teamtalk to test as "For the Fans" are neutral teamtalk, they wouldnt have positive or negative effect on your players.

How to see whether "Teamtalk", "Tactic" and "Luck" will affect a match result?

Eg. After a match, if the motivation are all "bright green", means that the teamtalk are working, but not for your tactic and luck. You must at least personally play around 10 matches to actually see whether your tactic are good or bad. Those who use "Go on Holiday" to test a tactic cant tell whether a tactic is good or bad as i personally try before, using same team and players, i get 2 different result, 1 is promoted to another league, another is i got relegated. Even if you use the most "Flawless" tactic, there is always sometime where you will lose a game when you are against a very low odds team.

Check your tactic in a single match: 1. If you can cause opp GK to have a very high rating means that your tactics is good, even if you lose the match, you only lose to the AI GK. 2. Look at the numbers of your corner kick and free kick. 3. Check the numbers of your "Shot on Target". But if you are using attacking tactic, you must minus some point off; whereas if you are using defending tactics, you must add some point in it. 4. Dont see how many long shot goal you scored, only see how many shot on target you get for you long shot and how many corner you can create. 5. Lastly, dont rely on win or lose to predict whether the tactic is good or bad.

*** Prepare for the match ***

Follow the media prediction and the odds to predict the teams winning rate is very important! Also remember to check your assistant feedback/comment before the match as you will know your team average morale. Due to no exact guide/walkthrough on teamtalk, there are people coming out with their own teamtalk, therefore it is up to you all to see which one you want to use.

What if i got high odds and i lose like a mess? If there is no controlled football and "underdogs", how the Odds company earn money?

Factor that affect Teamtalk success rate: 1. Your reputation, some top class players dont listen to a newbie manager.(Suggest that you increase your reputation when you add manager) 2. Players determination, pressure and personality. 3. Your relationship with your players. You must praise and discipline more in order to let your players put you as their favorite. 4. Home or Away, Odd Prediction, Media Prediction, and TeamTalk.

*** Pre-Match TeamTalk ***

Note: If I didnt state as "personal" teamtalk, it means say to the whole team.

No matter what situation, tell everyone "You have Faith". "You have Faith" is very useful, even during half-time. And in some situation, it might also boost your players morale by alot. For new youngster in their 1st match, use "No Pressure".

*** Half-Time TeamTalk ***

Scenario 1: You got High Odds

When you got high odds, you players tend to get complacent, and their performance will be bad, therefore those "disappointed" and "Angered" or those bad comment will have better effect.

For leading/draw/losing, tell everyone "You Have Faith" (When losing, use "You can make a Difference")

P.S: When losing or draw, you can use "Disappointed", "Where's the passion lads?" or "Encourage", "Keep Going". But this are so-called the "Gamble" teamtalk. When it is working, the players will have "Super Boost" in morale and will perform very well in the match. But, the percentage for it to work is not high. (Unless you know your player personally and you choose the right one for them). "You have Faith" will have lesser "Super Boost" than those "Gamble" teamtalk, but it will surely make 2-3 players at least, to be happy and morale boost. I personally like to use "You have Faith". When you are leading, "Dont get complacent" is also a "Gamble" teamtalk.

Scenario 2: Your odds are low

When your odds are low, players lose confident, so, praising will have better effect than bad comment.

For leading/draw/losing, tell everyone "You Have Faith" (When losing, use "You can make a Difference")

P.s: When leading by 1 goal, say "Keep Going" or "Encourage". When losing, say "Sympathize". This team talk are consider as gambling team talk. Effect will varies depending on your team personality.

Personal bad comment will have lousy result, i would rather "have Faith" on those players, as they might still be able to play better. But the best solution is to substitute them.

*** Post-Match TeamTalk ***

Reasonable praising and bad comment can increase the relationship between the manager and players. Praise can increase the morale, motivation. Bad comment can adjust the players motivation for the next match.

Scenario 1: You Have High Odds

Win: "Pleased"

Draw: 1. Average rating of 7 and above, "Sympathize". 2. Average rating of 7 and below, "Disappointed", "None" to players with rating of 7.5 and above.

Lose: "Disappointed", "None" to players with 7.5 and above

Scenario 2: You have low odds

Win/Draw: "Pleased"

Lose: 1. Average rating of 7 and above, "Sympathize". 2. "Average rating of 7 and below, "Disappointed", "None" to players with 7.5 and above.

*** Small Note ***

No matter when you do a substitute, you can do a talk to the players.

There are many teamtalk available, this topic is just to introduce to you all how i use my teamtalk for my team.

*** Players Interaction ***

After a match, you can discipline those players who perform badly in the match. Normally players with 6 and below "Give them a warning", but I don't know when I can "Issue them 1 week fine".

At "Confidence" -> "Players" got the fans rating for your players. Move your mouse over the bar to see the % of the rating the fans give to your players. Praise or give a bad comment to your players according to the %, although i dont know the exact % for which comment, it is up to you to decide. Anyhow praise or bad comment will cause upset to your players. after the interaction, the news will write about your gossip, and you can see how your player react in their "personal" tab.

When you got the chance to warn or fine a player, go ahead and do it. There is a chance to increase determination and some good hidden attribute. Praise will increase players consistency and loyalty. Those got double yellow card and sent off, or those having technical foul and got red card must give them a warning; whereas those that got sent off due to very bad n vicious foul must give them 1-2 weeks fine, this will help to reduce the dirtiness and aggression.

If your players doesnt accept your praise, bad comment and warning/fine, it will caused bad result. If your always interact with your players, they will list you as their favorite in no time.

To increase priase and bad comment rate: When low performance, faster sub they away; for high rating, try to let them play full match rather than sub them.

I always suspected that the whole don't use the same team talk many times because players will get bored was nonsense. Thanks for confirming it.

P.S Have you tried this on 10.3....is it any different?

I always suspected that the whole don't use the same team talk many times because players will get bored was nonsense. Thanks for confirming it.

P.S Have you tried this on 10.3....is it any different?

"you have faith" is the most popular team talk in China since FM930,I've found it.

But I just found translater(Xiaoicy) in 10.3.

i have a problem....ur team talks r awesome but(im leeds) when im against a big premier league team its as if my team doesnt exist... and i use ur team talks.....whats the problm???

1st you got to see your team personality. (as in your whole team). You can check your team complacency with team of high rep and lower rep under back room advice. if your team is having complacency, then you need some time for your team to adjust to the team talk. try it out and give some more feed back soon. ^^

1) What are you saying to those who are over-confident before the match?

2) Do you always give a warning to player under rating 6 or ...? If he gets f.e. multiple warnings will you fine him?

I use expect performance for over-confident players. Seems to work, but I just started with this team talk.

yeah. i tweak abit with expect performance, but in regard for his personality. some might react bad as "playing nervously".

as for warning, usually i didnt really warn them for those below 6. i give warn for those who are below 5. of course, warning and fines ia up to your player personality too.

are you still saying "you have faith" while playing with fierce rival?

And also it's interesting to know how do you approach with half-time teamtalk when someone is "playing nervously" or "looking complacent". Did I understand correctly that in case of complacency the best option is "angry" or "disappointed" (which one?) no matter the scoreline. But what about "playing nervously" - "you have faith" or "no pressure"?

Archived