Switzerland Alternate 10 Tier league system

KUBI

This is the last major update for FM2010

You have to chose the 10.3 database, when you start a new game

All changes and fixes are based on a long term game, to make the in-game realism as good as possible.

New features:

Expanded the Super League from 10 to 12 clubs, split divisions, 2 relegations spots

Reduced the Challenge League to 14 clubs, split division (6,8), 2 promotion and 2 relegation spots plus additional playoff with 2 teams from the 1. Liga.

7. Liga (9.Tier) is now fully playable. 16 regional groups with 14 clubs, split divisions (6,8), 4 relegation spots in each group makes it hard to survive.

Improvements:

fixed some city database records which had no language assigned.

fixed various small database errors.

changed clubs reputations on all levels, for a more balanced game experience.

altered finances, prize money and tv money

6. Liga and 7. Liga have now their own match day (Friday and Monday)

changed cup dates for a more realistic schedule during the season

fixed awards for all levels with a more realistic reputation gain

Liechtenstein clubs are now set to Switzerland, as the game does not handle a second nationality in a proper way.

The League pyramid:

Super League 12 clubs

Challenge League 14 clubs

1. Liga, 2 x 16 clubs

2. Liga, 2 x 16 clubs

3. Liga, 4 regional groups, 4 x 16

4. Liga, 5 regional groups, 5 x 20

5. Liga, 8 regional groups, 8 x 18

6. Liga, 16 regional groups, 16 x 20

7. Liga, 16 regional groups, 16 x 14

8. Liga, inactive league, 76 clubs

Reserve League - 60 groups, 60 x 16

Youth league - 2 groups at the start, expands during the seasons

Cup structure:

Swisscom Cup - all 1018 clubs with 4 qualification rounds

Novartis Cup - Challenge League, 1. Liga, 2. Liga, 3. Liga

Tissot Cup - 4. Liga and 5. Liga

Logitech Cup - 6. Liga

Navyboot Cup - 7. Liga and 8. Liga

Ricola Cup - 8. Liga

Liechtenstein Cup - all Liechtenstein Clubs

Teleclub Super Cup - winners of the Novartis and Tissot Cup

Sunrise Super Cup - winners of the Logitech and Navyboot Cup

Download SwissAlternate File

Thanks for your great work!

I have 2 questions right now:

1) What does this exactly mean: "Liechtenstein clubs are now set to Switzerland, as the game does not handle a second nationality in a proper way." Aren't they Liechtenstein teams anymore? That did function in the original game, if I am correct?

2) Is it safe to use this db with other files? I am hoping to start a long-term game, consisting of Switzerland, England, Germany and other countries. For some of those I allready have downloaden 10.3 compatible databases. The first time I loaded your file, it did not show all leagues in the right order. The second time it did. So I am a bit confused if it is compatible with other xml's or dbc's.

Thanks for answering.

I just uploaded the file again with some changes to the club reputations. So you have to download it again to be sure to have the finished update.

Vaduz und Eschen-Mauren are set to Switzerland in the original game. I changed that (and all other LIE clubs) to Liechtenstein, but the game does not handle second nations in one file in a proper way. (No friendly games, just as one example). So all Liechtenstein clubs are now set to Switzerland as in the original database.

The file should be compatible with other league files, but I did not test it. If you run all leagues down to the 9th level you will have 55 divisions/groups in the game, which is already a lot. I recommend to run it with just some other top leagues - but it depends on your computer and your patience. :)

Kubi, thanks for your work, and thanks for answering.

My computer is fairly fast, but I do not want to have an enormous savegame.

I am happy if 1 season takes 24 to 30 hours to complete.

I am thinking of the top 2 divisions in Switzerland and some others. In total it shouldn't be more than 20 divisions loaded.

I am using edited db's for that, because they are very appealing, as they are all made by fans that took hours to perfect the game experience.

BTW, your opening post says last edited at 2 march, but you say that there is another, better upload. Should I take the one from the opening post again?

Does the Liechtenstein Cup works correct? I mean, that the winner is going into the Europe League?

And when yes, what happens when Vaduz qualifies for the Champions League through the Super League, or when Liechtenstein goes better in the 5-year Table and get a CL-Startaer?

The Liechtenstein Cup does only work correct when you make a Liechtenstein Nation file. But you can't load a separate Liechtenstein file together with a Swiss league file, even when the Liechtenstein Clubs are removed, as Vaduz is hard coded as qualifier for the Europa League in the first season.

In my file the best placed Liechtenstein club qualify for the Europa League, which will be most likely Vaduz - as in real football.

Uploaded an update (version 001).

changed yellow card / red card rules (3,5,6,7...two match ban for one red card)

Final of Liechtenstein Cup is now played in a neutral stadium (and not Stade de Suisse)

Changed all stadium capacities below 500 to something between 500 and 600, as the game does generate a 2500 stadium for all pre-sets below 500.

The Liechtenstein Cup does only work correct when you make a Liechtenstein Nation file. But you can't load a separate Liechtenstein file together with a Swiss league file, even when the Liechtenstein Clubs are removed, as Vaduz is hard coded as qualifier for the Europa League in the first season.

In my file the best placed Liechtenstein club qualify for the Europa League, which will be most likely Vaduz - as in real football.

Kubi, you CAN run seperate Liechtenstein and Swiss files together, you just have to be careful when you set them up so that changes don't overlap.

As I said, you can't load a separate Liechtenstein file together with a Swiss file, you have to edit them both and use it together and not with another Swiss league file.

Ah maybe I misunderstood your meaning- but I think with your database it wouldn't be too difficult to create the Liechtenstein Cup in a Liechtenstein file, and to use with your Swiss file, no?

So in this way, you could still have the Liechtenstein Cup winner qualifying for Europe...

Archived