FM10 - French Lower League Freebies!!

heathxxx

I find myself starting a lower league game, with my first save into the new game, as with FM2009, I'm using Granada CF in the Spanish Segunda B4.

As with many lower league clubs, I find my self with a whopping transfer budget of zero.

Anyone who's played a lower league game in FM2009 and FM2008, will recall that quite often, people would "discover" a number of free-transfer/amateur (non-contract) bargains, plying their trade in the French CFA divisions, or the non-league.

Having had such success finding rough-diamonds in France in past games, I decided to trawl through the CFA and non-league, to bring you a shortlist containing 115 players.

Here's the link - French LL Free

All but one player is available for free on the shortlist.

I manually clicked through every French CFA and non-league club, looking at every player available for zero price.

Most of these players have decent mental attributes, importantly determination and teamwork, plus 10+ pace and acceleration. The few exceptions are players who have way above average attributes in other areas, that couldn't be ignored.

By comparison, all of these players should comfortably fit into League Two or Blue Square sides. Their attributes are certainly far better than most players at those levels.

Not every player will want to join, for whatever reason, but the vast majority of them should join even BSN/BSS teams.

In accordance with keeping control of the purse-strings by signing up these freebies, don't forget to haggle when negotiating wages. Through past experience, I find you can haggle their wage demands down by a third to a half. Just be careful if there's other clubs interested and the player is too good to miss.

Happy shopping! :thup:

PS: If you're going to use this shortlist, please don't forget to share your thoughts on how the players perform for you. That way, others can look specifically for individually recommended players.

Ones from the shortlist I've signed with Granada CF:

Sébastien Gervais - Racing Club Olympique Agathois (No relation to Ricky... least I hope not ;) )

Anthony Colinet - Gazélec FCO Ajaccio

Jaques Cristofari - Gazélec FCO Ajaccio

Guilherme Mauricio - La Vitréenne

Charles Devineau - SO Choletais

Players I tried to sign, who were interested in joining, we're it not for those pesky "bigger" clubs ;) (Get in quick or miss out on them)

Pascal Bedrossian - US Crozon Morgat (Signed him in FM09 also, older but wonderful talent.)

Yoann Bourillon - Besançon Racing Club Football (Another I signed in FM09. Wonderful attributes for a lower league player, that performs as well as his skills would suggest)

Christope Bastien - Toulouse Fontaines Club (Went to Evian, French National, maybe he liked the water ;) - Great attributes again, performs highly, but broke his leg - serves him right for turning me down :p

Jean-Louis Montero - Toulouse Fontaines Club (Went to Huesca, a division above my club) - 38 but great attributes you can't ignore for a LL club.

Baptiste Chabert - Avenir Sportif Béziers (Went to FC Rouen, French National instead of my club) - Very good keeper attributes for LL club.

All the other players on the shortlist have very good attributes for players you could expect to sign with lower league clubs. Their scout ability ratings surpass the majority of players I would face in the Spanish Segunda B4. I would say they would be rated very highly in the English League 2 and below (BSP, BSN/BSS).

So in summary:

· They're amateur players available on free transfers/no compensation.

· They have attributes far superior to those of most players in the lower leagues.

. Majority of those shortlisted, have decent character traits and good determination. (Makes your managerial life a lot easier!)

Note: All the name spellings are 100% correct. To find these players individually, just copy and paste their names from this post, to the search box in the game, or just use the shortlist.

Just starting again as my Beloved Grimsby Town and with no wins in 25(well In Real Life) i could do with a helping boost and i will "utilize" your shortlist and knowledge to help myself on my way;)

signings.jpg

You'll notice my Grimsby Team will have to become fluent in french now:P

Here Are My Current singings from your shortlist, once i sell these players on (down the line) i'll post screenies of how they did and to what standard of league.

Great Job as always Heath, shame i dont see you around the old Tactic's board as last year. Real life is affecting my fm.

• 6 months later...
I find myself starting a lower league game, with my first save into the new game, as with FM2009, I'm using Granada CF in the Spanish Segunda B4.

As with many lower league clubs, I find my self with a whopping transfer budget of zero.

Anyone who's played a lower league game in FM2009 and FM2008, will recall that quite often, people would "discover" a number of free-transfer/amateur (non-contract) bargains, plying their trade in the French CFA divisions, or the non-league.

Having had such success finding rough-diamonds in France in past games, I decided to trawl through the CFA and non-league, to bring you a shortlist containing 115 players.

Here's the link - French LL Free

All but one player is available for free on the shortlist.

I manually clicked through every French CFA and non-league club, looking at every player available for zero price.

Most of these players have decent mental attributes, importantly determination and teamwork, plus 10+ pace and acceleration. The few exceptions are players who have way above average attributes in other areas, that couldn't be ignored.

By comparison, all of these players should comfortably fit into League Two or Blue Square sides. Their attributes are certainly far better than most players at those levels.

Not every player will want to join, for whatever reason, but the vast majority of them should join even BSN/BSS teams.

In accordance with keeping control of the purse-strings by signing up these freebies, don't forget to haggle when negotiating wages. Through past experience, I find you can haggle their wage demands down by a third to a half. Just be careful if there's other clubs interested and the player is too good to miss.

Happy shopping! :thup:

PS: If you're going to use this shortlist, please don't forget to share your thoughts on how the players perform for you. That way, others can look specifically for individually recommended players.

Heath, have just discoveredthis tread but the link doesnt work?

Archived