FM 10: Lisandro López

batty1

This guy is sensational, I can't believe he hasn't had his own thread until now.

Lisandro López

52285_news.jpg

Lisandro started his career at Racing Club de Avellaneda, in the Argentine first division. He was the league's top scorer in the Apertura tournament of 2004.

López eventually made the switch to Porto for a transfer fee of €2.35 million, After a first season in which he netted 7 league goals in 26 appearances, he became a key player for Porto, scoring vital goals for the team, including the first goal in the UEFA Champions League against Rangers, and two goals in the home game against Hamburg in the competition's following season.

In 2007-08, as Porto were crowned league champions for the third consecutive time, López was the competition's top scorer, scoring 24 in 27 games (adding three in Champions League).

In mid of 2007-08 season, Porto rejected the offer from Zenit, thus activated the clause with Global Soccer Agencies, Porto bought the remain economic rights for 4.429M.

His eye for the goal is not solely restricted to the Liga Sagres as he finished fourth in the leading scorers table with six goals for the UEFA Champions League 2008-09 campaign, behind Barcelona winger Lionel Messi, Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard and Bayern Munich striker Miroslav Klose.

After the sale of Karim Benzema, on 7 July 2009, López transferred to Lyon for a fee of €24 million euro, plus €6million bonus subject to sporting performance. On 8 August 2009, Lisandro scored on his debut from a free-kick in the 90th minute away at Le Mans. The final score was 2-2. Lopéz also scored a penalty in a Champions League play-off round qualifier against Anderlecht. In the second leg away to Anderlecht, he netted a first half hat trick. On 4 November 2009, López scored a decisive equaliser in a Champions League group game against Liverpool to ensure Lyon qualified for the knockout stage.

Football Manager Information

sexy.png

Lisandro plays best as a Deep Lying Foward

He is a fantastic player. I paid £40m for him at Man City, some will say well that's a bit much, but he is an excellent tutor and this is no exaggeration, there are 32 players at the club who have him in their favoured personnel, it seems everybody loves him and his performances show that. If he's not scoring, he's setting them up. Was the CL top scorer in his first season at my club with 14 in 8 games including a hat trick at the San Siro. A big game player.

My only problem with him is he seems to consistently move into the wide areas, I don't mind it every now and then but he's always there. Maybe it's 'cause I play inside forwards in the wide areas, so he's filling in for them, but it is frustrating.

He is a fantastic player. I paid £40m for him at Man City, some will say well that's a bit much, but he is an excellent tutor and this is no exaggeration, there are 32 players at the club who have him in their favoured personnel, it seems everybody loves him and his performances show that. If he's not scoring, he's setting them up. Was the CL top scorer in his first season at my club with 14 in 8 games including a hat trick at the San Siro. A big game player.

My only problem with him is he seems to consistently move into the wide areas, I don't mind it every now and then but he's always there. Maybe it's 'cause I play inside forwards in the wide areas, so he's filling in for them, but it is frustrating.

Just out of interest what role do you play him?

Just out of interest what role do you play him?

It varies upon formation and who he's playing with. In a 4-2-3-1, I play him as a complete forward, target man to feet with his runs forward on 'mixed', he does really well but when I play my 4-4-2 with AMR and AML, I play him as the left striker as either an advanced forward or a complete forward. I play him as the left striker because he has the cuts inside PPM, but he's always the one peeling off onto the wings, Tevez and Adebayor don't do it but he does a lot.

Lopéz also scored a penalty in a Champions League play-off round qualifier against Anderlecht. In the second leg away to Anderlecht, he netted a first half hat trick. On 4 November 2009, López scored a decisive equaliser in a Champions League group game against Liverpool to ensure Lyon qualified for the knockout stage.

Only mention the penalty? He scored a hat-trick in the away leg and the penalty in the home leg. Anyway this is away from FM, all that needs to be said is Lisandro = Sexy bearded goal machine. :cool:

Lisandro return for me in the first season:

LisandroStats.png

:cool:

Only mention the penalty? He scored a hat-trick in the away leg and the penalty in the home leg. Anyway this is away from FM, all that needs to be said is Lisandro = Sexy bearded goal machine. :cool:

LisandroStats.png

thats unreal. What role do you play him?

I play him as a lone man with the role set as Deep Lying Forward. Been banging on at people to play him in that role for ages. :D I Also occasionally used him with the target man option ticked and run onto ball.

im going to try that now, ive got Bilbao in the Europa so i can experiment a bit.

LisandroStats.png

Blame wiki :D Thats an amazing return :eek:

I play him as a lone man with the role set as Deep Lying Forward. Been banging on at people to play him in that role for ages. :D I Also occasionally used him with the target man option ticked and run onto ball.

I can vouch for that :D

LisandroStats.png

Was this in 9.0.1 or 9.0.2?

No, I'm asking because if you had started the game after installing 10.0.2 patch, those figures are truly magnificient, because getting strikers to score, specially ones that operate alone up top, is much harder in 10.0.2.

If this was done in 10.0.1, its still a very good achievement, but Andrew Keogh could score 25-30 goals a season in 10.0.1.

I know why you’re asking, which is completely understandable and I'm telling I've had him on either scoring as many goals. That screenshot is from 10.0.1. On 10.0.2 I had him get thirty three goals. Pretty sure on 10.0.1 I could have easily gotten him to score over sixty to be fair.

Don't bring Andrew Keogh into a discussion about Lisandro though, completely unacceptable! :D

Archived