FM10.Official Toulouse Football Club thread

brown1888

Toulouse-FC.jpg

HISTORY

Toulouse Football Club is a French football team playing in the city of Toulouse, Haute-Garonne. TFC is also known as le Téfécé (pronounced [lə tefeˈse]) or le Tef ([lə ˈtɛf]).

The predecessor side to the club was founded in 1937 as Toulouse Football Club, but sold its players and its place in French Division 1 professional football to Red Star Paris in 1967.

The association was re-founded as Union Sportive Toulouse on May 25, 1970 and took on the juniors of Gascogne and ACE Mermoz-Bonnefoy in order to establish a solid player base. They began competition in Division 2 in the 1970-71 season, playing in red and white. In 1977 the club re-claimed the historical name of its predecessor and adopted new colours of purple and white. The team quickly improved and earned promotion to Division 1 in 1982, followed by qualification for participation in the UEFA Cup in 1984. Their best result to date came in the 1986-87 season with a third place finish and another turn in the UEFA Cup competition, including a well-remembered win on penalty kicks over Maradona's mighty Napoli.

A decline followed that saw the club relegated to play in D2 by 1994. Throughout the 90s they yo-yoed between D1 and D2 with the club in frequent financial difficulty. Their financial problems led to their being sent down in 2001 by the French federation and nearly losing their professional status. Exceeding all hopes Toulouse FC quickly returned to Ligue 1 play in the course of just two seasons. After some disappointing results in their first seasons back in Ligue 1, they managed to scrape a place in the preliminary round of the UEFA Champions League, finishing with a 3rd place.

Toulouse's route to the Champions League seemed to be fraught with obstacles, and at one point they were mathematically out of contention. However, in the stalemate with Nantes, they were awarded a win after the Breton crowd invaded the pitch in despair at les Canaris' poor display, which resulted in their renewed belief in the possibility of European football. In a good final day Téfécé beat Girondins de Bordeaux 3-1 (a hat-trick from Johan Elmander), which, when coupled with the losses of the other contenders and Lille's 93rd-minute equalizer against Rennes, saw Toulouse scrape through.

For the second match of the 2007-2008 season, Toulouse beat the Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 at the Stadium Municipal with a goal from Johan Elmander. After the victory against Olympique Lyonnais Toulouse struggled all season to avoid relegation. Their Ligue 1 was finally secured on the last day of the season with a 2-1 home win against Valenciennes.

The 2008-2009 season marked unexpected success for Toulouse. The club finished fourth in the Ligue 1 table with 64 points, and secured a spot in the new Europa League. After a difficult season the previous year in which the club struggled to avoid relegation, not much was expected of Toulouse. The 2008-2009 season also marked the emergence of striker André-Pierre Gignac, who led all scorers in Ligue 1 with 24 goals & was awarded a call-up to the French national team.

CLUB INFO

NAME: Toulouse Football Club

NICKNAME: Le Tefece or Le Tef

FOUNDED: 1937

CHAIRMAN: Olivier Sadran(loves the club)

ICONS: Alain Giresse,Alberto Marcico,Christophe Revault,Erick Mombaerts,Fabian Barthez,Anthony Bancarel,Johan Elmander,Yannick Stopyra

MAJOUR RIVALS: Girondins Bordeaux

MEDIA PREDICTION: 5th

CAPTAIN: Mauro Cetto

HONOURS

LIGUE 1: 3rd placed 1987,2007

COUPE DE FRANCE: Winner 1957

FACILITIES

NAME: Stadium Municipal

CAPACITY: 38500 all seater

CONDITION: Very good

UNDER SOIL HEATING: No

ROOF: No

CORPORATE FACILITIES: Average

TRAINING FACILITIES: Good

YOUTH FACILITIES: Good facilities and youth academy

stadium-toulouse.jpg

KITS

kit1-1.jpg

kit2.jpg

CLUB FINANCES

ESTIMATED VALUE: 53m

BALANCE: 18.5m

SPONSORSHIP: 2 year main kit at 1.45m per season

EXPECTATIONS: Continental=4.3m/275k Title=5.25m/300k Winner=5.75m/325k

STAFF

CHAIRMAN: Olivier Sadran

DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL: Remy Loret,Pascal Sempe

GENERAL MANAGER: Jean-Francois Soucasse

MANAGER: YOU HOPEFULLY

ASSISTANT MANAGER: Thierry Uvenaard

COACH: Mickael Debeve

GOALKEEPING COACH: Christophe Gardie

FITNESS COACH: Denis Valour,Stephane Lasbatx

YOUTH COACH: Anthony Bancarel,Patrick Maricel,Luc Bruder,Fabrice Garrigues

PHYSIO: Julien Ricarrere

SCOUT: Stephane Lievre,Ali Rachidi,Dominic Arribage,Jerome Fougeron

SQUAD

GK: Pele,Blondel,Cianni

CB: Cetto,Fofana,Michel,Nonkeu,Legrand

RB: Ebondo,Congre,Doumbe,Vasseur

LB: M'bengue

DM: Sissoko,Capoue,Sirieuix,Berson,Laudebat

CM: Didot,Machado

MR: Braaten,N'diaye,Em,Vaz

ML: Tabanou,Mansare

AM: Devaux

ST: Gignac,Pentecote,Luan,Soukouna,Dupuis,N'gani

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SQUAD ANALYSIS

GOALKEEPERS

PELE should be without doubt your first choice keeper and is one of the stars of the club.BLONDEL will give decent backup for a season or untill you buy another keeper.I would recommend putting CIANNI on the transfer list from the start of the game.

FUTURE TRANSFER-RUFFIER,RIOU or AREOLA(youth)

CENTER BACK

FOFANA should be your first choice center back and CETTO(club captain) is more than capable of holding down a first team slot.NONKEU would give decent short term backup while i would sell LEGRAND and MICHEL.

FUTURE TRANSFER-OTAMENDI,MIRANDA

RIGHT BACK

CONGRE is the best right back at the club and has his best years ahead of him,he can also cover at center back so he is worth keeping at the club.EBONDO will be your best bet for a backup but i would purchase another sooner rather than later.I would put DOUMBE and VASSEUR both on the transfer list as you can easily buy better replacements.

FUTURE TRANSFER-CORCHIA,GASSAMA

LEFT BACK

Left back is your weakest area,M'BENGUE is a good player who you should keep around as he could turn out to be a future star at the club with the right training although buying a player for this position is a must as there is no backup at all in the team.

FUTURE TRANSFERS-DIEGO RENAN,HELAN(youth)

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD

This is by far the strongest area of your team,in SISSOKO you have a future important first team player who should be your first choice in this position.CAPOUE is another player with bags of potential and i would strongly recommend hanging on to both of them.BERSON would give decent enough backup to the two mentioned so there would be no need to keep SIRIEIX or LAUDEBAT at the club so you should cash in if you can.

MIDFIELD CENTER

This is another area of the team that could be doing with strenthening.DIDOT will do a decent enough job and MACHADO will provide the backup but i would look for replacements soon.

FUTURE TRANSFER-BERNARDO

MIDFIELD RIGHT

BRAATEN is a solid enough player for this position but you dont have any decent enough backup.EM should be transfer listed as should VAZ so buying a player for here should be one of your first aims at the club.

FUTURE TRANSFER-SALVIO,DOS SANTOS

MIDFIELD LEFT

TABANOU is a great player for this position and he can only improve,he could well be a star givin the adequate training and coaching.MANSARE should provide decent backup until you decide to strenthen this area.

FUTURE TRANSFER-MOLLO,BARNETTA

ATTACKING MIDFIELD

Another of your positions with no real quality or backup at all,DEVAUX will do a job when called upon but there are a few players out there who will do twice the job.

FUTURE TRANSFER-FEGHOULI,HAZARD

STRIKER

GIGNAC is the star of the show,keep him at all costs and he will reward you with goals galore,if you want to succed at toulouse then dont think about cashing in.LUAN will provide good backup for a season while PENTECOTE will provide you with decent cover for both but a another big name striker to play beside GIGNAC is vital.Consider putting DUPUIS and NGADI on the transfer list as neither will cut it.

FUTURE TRANSFER-MILEVSKI,OBASI,BA,DEFEDERICO,TAFER

YOUTH PLAYERS

TOULOUSE dosent have the best youth players to start with in the first season,a notable few are the defencive midfielder FIRMIN,the midfield right player N'DIAYE and the young striker SOUKOUNA.

I started a save with Toulouse a while ago, one player I highly reccommend to anyone looking for a right winger, Alexander Ryazantsev, cost me less than £1m, and was scoring and assisting on a regular basis. My only other signing was Benjani, who scored 15 in the first season, I still have the save, but I\'ve not been on it for a while.

Toulouse mini-update january 2010

Started my save game with toulouse with the aim of getting them into the champions league in the first season then to build on that from then on.

I done a bit of a clearout at the start,getting rid of the players who i thought didnt have a future at the club and bringing in players who i thought would help me get to the champions league.

TRANSFERS

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/scottbrown1888/ToulouseFC.png

Yannis tafer has been the standout so far scoring 21 goals in 24 games including 6 in a euro qualifier against sion,all the more pleasing when i only bought him as a squad player with the aim of him breaking into the first team in the next few seasons.Clement grenier has been just as effective playing 18 games,scoring 10 and assisting 3.

The form of the new signings have helped me get to an unexpected 2nd at the winter break,3 points behind leaders marseille.Were currently on a 7 game winning run in the league and through to the first round knockout of the europa league where we will meet shakhtar then hopefully on to meet the winners of liile/stuttgart.

LEAGUE TABLE

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/scottbrown1888/Ligue1-4.png

So hopefully things stay this way til the end of the season then il have got the team to the champions league at the very least.The board have given me 19mil on top of the 8mil i had left so il be looking to strenthen the team in the january window.

SQUAD

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/scottbrown1888/ToulouseFC-3.png

Toulouse mini-update april 2010

I still have a chance of a champions league place coming into april,im sitting 3rd 16 points behind leaders marseille but with 5 games in hand(somehow).

LEAGUE TABLE

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/scottbrown1888/Ligue1-2-1.png

In the europa leage i defeated shakhtar quite easily 6-1 on agg then went on to defeat stuttgart 7-2 on agg but i now have a tough quarter final against bayern munich.

Ive done better than expected in both domestic cups,i managed to win the coupe de ligue by defeating nancy 1-0 in the final.Best performance was a 4-0 away win in the semi final against monaco.

Im still in the coupe de france after getting through a few lower leagu teams before i defeated lyon 1-0 away then la berrichone 1-0 at home in the quarter final.I now have monaco away again in a semi final,a repeat of the first semi wouldnt be bad eh!

I managed to strenthen my team in the january window with a few strikers and a back-up keeper.I bought COSTIL for 2mil then mabey overpaid a bit when i snapped up LAVEZZI for 22.5mil over 48 months.I also bought MOUCHE for 3.5mil from boca.

EDIT-just got beat by bayern 2-0,should have been 6

Time for another update,the seasons coming to a close and im still doing really well in the league,10 points behind leaders marseille but still with 3 games in hand.Although i paid a lot for LAVEZZI hes been banging them in scoring 14 in 13 games for me.

LEAGUE TABLE

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/scottbrown1888/Ligue1-5.png

The quarter finals was where my run was ended in the europa league,bayern beat us 2-0 away from home and i could only manage a 1-1 draw in the return.The coupe de france has brought better fortune,we played monaco away in a repeat of the coupe de ligue semi final and once again we gave them a hammering,5-1 this time with LAVEZZI scoring a hat-trick.So thats us through to our 2nd cup final of the season where we will meet ligue 2 side clermont foot 63.

Into the final league game of the season and im 2 points behind marseille but with a better goal difference.I could have been doing with them having a harder game but all they need is a home win against bottom club grenoble,while a win for me against monaco would see them relegated to ligue 2:D

TOULOUSE START OF SEASON UPDATE 2010

Well after winning the cup double and coming 2nd in the league last year im hoping(somehow)to build on that this season.Even though im in the champions league this year a lot of the transfer targets i had in mind wouldnt consider joining toulouse so there wasnt a lot of activity despite the board giving me 28.5 mil and me managing to increase that to 51 mil due to player sales/wages etc.

TRANSFERS 2010

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/scottbrown1888/ToulouseFC-1.png

In my first game of the season,i managed to get beat by nine man marseille 2-1 in the champions trophee,then went down to nancy by the same score in my ligue 1 opener,not the start i had in mind but our next league game saw us destroy newly promoted caen 6-1 then a further 2 league wins against le mans and nice saw us take top spot going into the international break.

The draw for the group stages of the champions league was kind with us in a group with werder bremen,porto and vaslui.

Some nice transfers mate. Didn't realise the squad was so small :eek:

EDIT: Just raiding Deportivo for Guardado, Filipe and Adrian

Guardado and adrian were favourites of mine last year,guardado the most.I used to play him as a winger and he'd always top the assist charts at the end of the season.Only reason i havent bothered with him is because im having success with this narrow diamond formation, but it is annoying not being able to go for quality wingers at times.

I sold braaten to man city for 12mil plus 50% next sale and a few months later they bought the clause off me for 7 mil :)

Its looking like im going to put in a real challenge in ligue 1 this year,after the opening day defeat ive won 10 in a row and now find myself 6 points clear of 2nd placed FC lorient.All the usual suspects lyon,paris and OM cant seem to find form at all in the league which can only be good news for toulouse:)

LEAGUE TABLE

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/scottbrown1888/Ligue1-3-1.png

Just a Pre-season update

We won all the Friendlies at a canter and as you can see Gignac was the standout performer.

(A) Le Mont LS W 4-0 [APG 25, Braaten 29, Tabanou 57, Dupuis 84]

(A) Ausburg W 2-0 [APG 41,54]

(A) Naval W 2-0 [APG 46,48]

(A) RBC W 3-0 [APG 53,78, Soukouna 89]

I think I'll post my transfer activity up now as that will be it until January.

INS

Mathias Jorgensen|Fc Kobenhavn|£2.5mil
Dejan Lovren|Dinamo|£2.5mil
Neven Subotic|Dortmund|£15mil
Oscar Cardozo|Benfica|£7.5mil
Douglas Costa|Gremio|Ln fee £1.7mil

OUTS

Mauro Cetto|Marseille|£5mil
Seb Barrere|R. Madrid|£450k
Dany Nounkeu|Porto|£2.5mil
Mohamed Fofana|Lyon|£4.9mil
Kevin Dupuis|Middlesbrough|£1.3mil

Got the Ligue 1 campaign off to a good start against Monaco. Douglas Costa scored a placed shot in the 33rd min, then in the 35 min we were denied a stonewall penalty and APG picked up a yellow for berrating the ref, 3 minutes later he picked up his second yellow for pulling some players shirt and was duly sent off. We managed to hold on for a 1-0 win with Pele getting MOM.

EDIT: Ah FFS Capoue has strained his knee ligaments and is out for 6-7 weeks :(:mad:

Archived