Ground: The Valley, London

(Capacity: 27,111)

Chairman: Richard Murray

Manager: Phil Parkinson

League: League One

2008–09: The Championship, 24th

(relegated)

History

Charlton Athletic Football Club (also known as The Addicks) is a professional association football club based in Charlton, in the London Borough of Greenwich. The club was founded on 9 June 1905, when a number of youth clubs in the South-East London area, including East Street Mission and Blundell Mission, combined to form Charlton Athletic Football Club.

The club is based at The Valley, where it has played since 1919, apart from one year in Catford, during 1923–24, and seven years at Crystal Palace and West Ham United between 1985 and 1992.

Charlton turned professional in 1920 and first entered the Football League in 1921. Since then, they have had four separate periods in the top flight of English football: between 1936 and 1957; 1986 and 1990; 1998 and 1999, and 2000 to 2007. Historically, Charlton's most successful period was the 1930s, when the club's highest league finishes were recorded, including runners-up of the league in 1937, and after World War II, when the club reached the FA Cup final twice, winning in 1947. After being relegated from the Championship in 2008–09, they play in Football League One as of the 2009–10 season.

Rivalry

Crystal Palace: The biggest of Charlton's rivalries, is Palace who currently reside in the Championship.

Millwall: Just 4 miles apart this is one of The Addicks closest rivalries, yet Millwall see West Ham as their biggest enemy.

Finance in FM 10:

Charlton - £0 (P) - £105k - (£106,835)

Key Players

Elliot, Youga, Bailey ©, Sam, Shelvey, Burton. (Plus many others)

*Post all your teams that have worked well, tactics, transfers and training schedules in this thread.

Enjoy.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice been looking for this for a bit, take my thing below and use it as player analysis, formation/tactic and transfer guide if you want.

My Own Experience:

Season 2009/2010 - Coca Cola League One

When I took over as Charlton, my immediate aim was to get promotion. Winning the league would have been a bonus but the championship was the main goal, with the even bigger aim of reaching the prem. But in two years, thats not gonna happen, is it? :p

I did an analysis (see below) on my players and what I thought could be improved. I was satisfied that the current team would be enough for promotion, but I expected intrest in my players in January and with the financial crisis. and wanted more depth and attacking options.

So, I took my empty wallet and looking into the free market. I returned with Christian Vieri (Free), Antoine Sibierski (Free) and Gokhan Tore (Loan).

playersin1.jpg

The season started, and I was immediately up there. By christmas I was beginning to make a gap in the table as I gained more and more points.

But then, the transfer market opened. Immediately one of the bottom clubs in my division bid 130k for Deon Burton who was my top scorer on 13, which the board accepted. He was gone within the weak. This was a major blow as he was my only good striker who could play a full game properly. Luckily, around February I got brought out, I nearly lost my job in the process but managed to hold on and went on to win the league easily with new finances. Also my new owners formed a nice little partnership/feeder thing with Arsenal, which pretty much helped me do what I did next season.

charltonseasontable1.jpg

Season 2010/2011 - Coca Cola Championship[/u]

Now, I never expected to achieve much this season, I thought maybe id have to wait till the year after to mount a serious promotion push, that wasnt the case.

In the transfer market I added more new additions to my squad including Roberto Baronio, Kanu, Sol Campbell and Lucas Neill. Not bad for 10k budget heh? Mind, they were all free transfers. At the same time I released Mcleod, Dickson, Jack Clark and Dean Sinclair. Pedro Botelho also came on loan from Arsenal until the end of the season.

As the season started, I did fairly well, considering I was only really looking to keep my place in that league. I played Shelvey up front with either Vieri or Kanu and Sol Campbell played alongside Sodje in defence, with Neill on his other side.

By december I was sitting comfortablly in 11th position and realised the possiblites. Baronio had turned out to be a poor performer and was already to be sold for 100k in January, and just before the window I remembered by terms with Arsenal. I then went on a Loaning Spree in January that saw Henri Lansbury and Armand Traore join me from arsenal until the end of the season as well as Ljajic from Man Unt and Chrisantus from HSV.

playersin2.jpg

My season then exploded. I climbed up the table and by the end of the season was sitting comfortably in the play-offs, disappointed that I had not come second after dropping late points. Traore and Lansbury completely made my season.

I ended up winning the Play-Offs and reaching the premiership. For me, first time lower league managing and no money, a great acheivement.

championship.jpg

Season 2011/2012 - Barclays Premiership[/u]

Well, I had achieved my main goal for Charlton in just two years. I had got them back into the league they should never have left(thanks Pardew and Dowie). With my new expectations of avoiding relegations and a nice 15.9m Transfer budget I went for a look in the transfer market.

The premiership is a massive step up from the Championship, and I lost my 5 loanees at the end of the season, 3 of them probally the reason I got promoted. Because of this and the fact that Daily and Spring had also left looking for first team football, my squad was left a bit on the small side.

Once again I had been left with no-one on the left wing. Sol Campbell was now way to slow to keep up with premiership pace, as were Kanu and Vieri. Even the core of my team was bare, with Theiry Racon and Nicky Bailey sub-standard for this league.

Players In:

CM - Kevin Nolan - 1.2m

LM - Andy Reid - 1.8m

CB - Sean O'Hanlon - Free

CM - Christian Grindheim -3.4m

CM -Anthony Vandem Borre - 17m in clauses (Not a good idea)

LW - David Fuster - 7.75m in clauses

Players Out:

CM - Matt Spring - Free

CDM/CB - Christian Daily - Free

ST - Stuart Fleetwood - Free

RB - Yassin Moutakill - Free

RB -Chris Solley - Loaned To Notts Forest

My midfield now has more than enough depth, probally to much, and by th etime I had finished buying players, I had failed to bring in a prolific goalscorer.

I also changed my tactics, playing with one striker instead of two and playing on the counter attack instead of attacking.

LINEUP - http://img704.imageshack.us/i/season3squad.jpg/

So the league started. Below are all my results this season.

Charlton 4 - 0 Welling -- Friendly

Charlton 0 - 4 AC Milan -- Friendly

Charlton 1 - 3 Liverpool -- Friendly (Really put a fight up against these, only to very late goals from Torres sealed their win.)

Charlton 1 - 1 Q.P.R -- Premiership -- Scrapped a way and just about got a draw

Charlton 1 - 4 Arsenal -- Premiership -- Luck to not concede more

Charlton 0 - 3 Sunderland -- Premiership -- Terrible Performance

Charlton 2 - 1 Doncaster -- League Cup 2nd Round

Charlton 0 - 1 Portsmouth -- Premiership -- Was unlucky to lose this, deserved a draw

Charlton 0 - 2 Wolves -- Premiership

Charlton 2 - 2 Stoke -- Premiership

As you can see, a dreadful start. Its going to be extremely hard to stay in the league. Least theres still a long way to go.

League Table - http://img705.imageshack.us/i/s3tableh.jpg/

Charlton Athletic

The Team:

Goalkeepers:

Rob Elliot -

A young keeper thats strength lies within his distribution. He lacks in speed but can play at championship level. No need to consider replacing unless you reach the premiership.

Darren Randolph -

A year or so younger than elliot, this keeper lacks in his distribution and ariel attributes but has good speed and physical presence. Good enough to be backup for Elliot whilst in League 1. Maybe re-consider his position in the squad upon promotion.

Full Backs:

Kelly Youga -

Kelly Youga is one of the key players in the charlton squad he is a strong left back who can also play anywhere else along the back 4. While he does not have any outstanding attributes he is good all round. I have never considered replacing him and im in the prem!

Frazer Richardson -

On the opposite side of the defensive line to Youga is Frazer. He is a RB who will serve well in league one. He is fairly good all round but lucks in creativity. Replace him upon promotion and make him your backup.

Grant Basey -

A young left back, basey can be a good back up for Youga. However, he doesnt improve much and from my own experience puts in bad performaces so it could be a good idea to invest in another fullback.

Centre Backs:

Sam Sodje -

A defensive rock, right up until the premiership. Sodje is a physical player with good heading and determination attributes. He is your number 1 centre back. Although be wary of his age as his physical attributes begin to decrease after a year or two.

Miguel Llera -

Llera is the other natural centre back. Unlike Sodje he lacks in technical and physical ability and being 29, is not going to improve. He regularly makes mistakes from my own experience and I recommend replacing.

Wingers:

Lloyd Sam -

An excellent winger, Lloyd Sam will provide quality performances right up until the Premiership. I find he plays best when made to hug the touchline and drill in crosses. He is also fairly young so there is no need to replace him in the near future, however, this is no back-up if he gets injured.

Nicky Bailey -

Naturally a centre midfielder, Bailey is pushed out to the wing because there are no natural left wingers in the squad. Bailey is a very good player who can also play well at championship level. He is an attacking midfielder with a high workrate. He will get you goals.

Central Midfielders:

Jose Semedo -

A defensive midfielder, Semedo will continually give good performances, he is still fairly young and provides good cover for the "lacking defence". However, if a left winger is found, Bailey is preferred in the centre alongside Racon.

Thiery Racon -

A must play! This player would get be goals every other game from 30 yards out for me, even hat tricks happened quite occasionally. He has a great long shot and should be played dead in centre of midfield preferably with Bailey in a more forward position. He is young and can also play up until premiership level.

Christian Daily -

Daily is a Defensive mid/centre back. He has high mental attributes.

In my eyes, hes past it. He can act as cover in the first season but after that he really shouldnt even get a look in. He is 35 and his physical attributes are poor and radically decreasing. Is is also on £4,000 a week which with the clubs current financial crisis could be used more effeciently.

Matt Spring -

Again, a bench warmer in the first season, and after that should be looking to sell/release. He is weak in all departments and his stats start to decrease.

Strikers:

Jonjo Shelvey -

The rising star. This player should be kept at all costs and played whenever possible. He becomes a very good player who can play at premiership standard. He starts as a CAM but in my opinion is best converted into a forward. He is slow and his partner forward should be fast.

Deon Burton -

Old, not outstanding, but gets the goals. By christmas he had bagged around 15 for me but because of the financial crisis the board sold him for just 130k. Best played up front with Jonjo.

Izale Mcleod -

In my opinion, dopey, and poor. Probally suitable for league two. However, before I converted Jonjo into a forward he became important after the sale of Deon Burton. Do not play if you can avoid him.

The following players in the squad in my opinion should not even be looked at and do not have the ability required to play for Charlton Athletic. The loanee constantly puts in bad performances.

- Leon Mckenzie

- Dean Sinclair

- Luke Holden (Loanee)

Conclusion:

The Charlton team has some good players but lacks in depth. A few players are ageing and do not have the physical presence needed while others just lack in quality for a proper promotion push. New players are needed but because there are no finances the best bet is to get old players with great amounts of experience.

Players are needed in the following positions:

- 1 centre back to play alongside Sodje

- 1 left winger

- Another forward

Transfers:

As said above, a CB, LWer and ST are needed. These areas are weakest and need to be improved, as well as providing more depth in the squad.

For the ST role, the player to sign is Christian Vieri. He is available on a free transfer and his technical and mental attributes are great. He will do absolute wonders in league one, even with his age being 38. In the second season he will only be able to play one half or so, so be prepared to buy another striker soon.

For the Left Wing postion I recommend loaning Gokhan Tore. He wills a Chelsea player his good potential. He didnt play particulary well for me but he did create chances.

I have not looked into buying a CB in the first season myself. I stuck with Llera and then managed to get Sol Campbell at the end of the season.

I did however get Antoine Sibierski on a free to provide depth and cover in all departments of attacking midfield.

Tactics:

The screenshot below will show my personal best formation when you begin. This only includes players there when you join and i DO suggest you make transfers. The main idea of the formation is to focus play down the right where Lloyd Sam will run with the ball and drive a cross into the area.

Racon should be played Right Centre Mid so he is closest to Lloyd Sam. This is because if Lloyd Sam plays it inwards instead, Racon can have one of the amazing 30yard snap shots he keeps scoring for me.

beginingteamlineup.jpg

css matt, this is really helpful and you have done amazingly well in the first two seasons. Although in real life I think Charlton will get promoted this season, I doubt they will go to the Prem the season after! Tell us how your doing in the top flight, it's going to be a hell of a task but good luck.

TKIING

Ye, in real life, I dont know, it depends very much on January as there are reports of intrest in Racon and other players. If we start to sell we wont get promotion. Also we need to be consistent because Norwich have come from nowhere and are mounting a serious title challenege.

Il edit the post above my post above and add my latest season to it.

Oh right. Na, I only just took the screenshots. If you go on whatever league you want to look at you can also see the previous years on a drop down menu. Same with transfers. You can also use the fixtures page to look at any past results and match info you have played.

To take a printscreen you do. Control+Prt Scr. Then open paint and "paste" it in there. Then upload via imageshack.us.

Default, I never bother with training :)

what an incredible thing to say when you have Jonjo Shelvey in your squad!!

You will notice huge leaps in many of your younger players if you take the time to recruit some decent coaches and sort out some useful training schedules. I'd love to see a screenie of Shelvey on your save to compare with a trained-up version of him from my own save...

Anyway, you simply cannot ignore training and its impact on your squad. If it's a question of time/expertise you can simply download and import Tugs Training Schedule (search on these forums) and watch your players' attributes rapidly improve before your very eyes!

Really, well I can understand the impact of coaches, depending on there attributes, but ive never really seen training to be that effective.

The only thing you can do on training is choose between attack , defence etc right?

SS your Shelvey please. Il get one of mine.

Damn.

My "Charlton Athletic - Season 3" save is corrupt.

Luckily, still got my "Charton Athletic - Season 2" save which is right at the end of the 10/11 league, so I will be going from there. Unfortunately this means Il have to go through the process of getting ready for the league again. Update soon.

---------------------

@ jbd, Jonjo Shelvey on June 18th 2011. Is there anyway training can significantly increase a players speed? Jonjo lacks in speed.

jonjoshelvey.jpg

here's my Shelvey 2 years on. I had him at QPR for 2 seasons before being offered the Man U job. At the time I was playing Shelvey he was my first-choice AMC and as such I didn't really have a good tutor to improve his game that much. I guess what i'm saying is, this is how he came out purely from training at a club with relatively poor training facilities.

He's got a great temperament for me by the way so he'll really respond well to an appropriate tutor (if he was still my player I'd have had his Determination much higher by now I can assure you!)

shelvey.png

Not bad, what kind of training schedule did you have him on? Overall better than mine. As you can see my Shelvey is also a natural forward as well, I had to put him up there as all my forwards were old. He did the job ok and got a fair few goals but hes definetally better in CAM.

Now that Ive gone back to the start of the season because the save failed, il be looking to play him in is first position again and hopefully bringing in a young forward.

Charlton Athletic - Season 3 - The Premiership

Team Analysis

No depth, lacking in quality. No recognised left winger, no strikers. One reasonable centre back.

These are the main areas that needed to be addressed via the transfer market.

Other problems include, sub-quality central midfield and aging right back.

Transfer Market - 15m Budget

Players In:

ST - Simon Church - 7m

ST - Sergio Garcia - 4m

Players Out:

CM - Matt Spring - Released

CM - Christian Daily - Released

DR - Yassin Moutakil - Released

ST - Stuart Fleetwood - Released

LB - Chris Solly - Loaned Out

Striker problem is solved. Deble has also been promoted to the first team from the reserves. Kanu and Vieri are still in the squad for emergencys. No left midfielder was found so Bailey will be starting there, Garcia can play there as backup. No defender was was bought in this transfer window.

Current Lineup, Squad and Premiership Standings

Not doing so good, getting thrashed by teams like Everton 4-0 even though im expected to draw. Managed to scrape a win against Stoke.

cafc.jpg

Saviour?

Come January I am expecting to be bottom. I cant see the current team getting wins anywhere. Even home advantage seems useless and im playing on the counter every single game.

However, just after the Summer window closed I managed to get this guys signature.

He is exactly what I need at the back and hopefully could be the start of an escape from the dreaded drop.

henriquem.jpg

No Problem :)

Yes this guys a regen, so he wont be on your game. I found him after an hour or searching myself. Was quite taken aback by the fact that I got him mind. I guess it is because he is young and the premierleague was attractive to him.

As for scouts, mine seem to still be looking for low championship players. No idea why.

----

On another note, Im use Tugs Training Shedule, downloaded from the training section. Definetally worth it if you dont do it yourself like me. Shelveys value is nearly at 6m now. Ive also signed some high quality scouts and coachs.

Currently in december hovering around 18th-13th, doing much better than i thought!

On another note, Im use Tugs Training Shedule, downloaded from the training section. Definetally worth it if you dont do it yourself like me. Shelveys value is nearly at 6m now. Ive also signed some high quality scouts and coachs.

Currently in december hovering around 18th-13th, doing much better than i thought!

Nice one, Matt - hope your players come on leaps and bounds :)

Llera playing in the Premiership, sounds a bit risky.

Just started another game with Charlton, 3 wins and a draw in the league so far and I've just gone out of the LC to West Brom in the 2nd round.

Out of interest, how do the other youngsters turn out apart from Shelvey? Solly and Jenkinson for example seem promising.

Eugh, I replied but got a 504 error.

Basically Jenkinson is league1/league2 quality.

Solly, championship/league1 quality.

Deble, League 1 quality.

Dissapointing really seeing as the club already has the facilities and players to be playing at a higher level. But being in league one, you dont expect much more.

Nothing special really. As for Llera, only option. Cant wait to get rid of him!

Although this is slightly off topic, I would like to ask a quick question about the leagues you load when you start a game. Are these the leagues you can manage in or the leagues that you can only buy players in?

So for example, if I wanted to buy an Australian player yet didnt have that league loaded, would I be able to?

Thanks

Finished Year 2011/2012!

Im still in the premiership! Just managed to stay up after losing my last 10 games in a row. Stoke needed a win by 2-0 to save themselves after my 4-0 defeat but they didnt manage it and got relegated. Met my season expectations once again and will look to aim higher up the league.

Also, Alex Ferguson (Manchester United) retired and Arsene Wenger (Arsenal) left his club to manage the French National Team.

As a result, I got offered both jobs!. However I turned them both down as I look to progress with Charlton.

As the new season starts I get a nice 24.5m Transfer Budget.

Once again I seriously lack in squad depth and my current squad consists of:

Goalkeepers:

1. Rob Elliot

25. Darren Randolph

Both of these keepers are not up to premiership quality and I will be looking for a replacement. for Rob Elliot. Darren Randolph is expected to leave the club. I believe I have already found a beast of a keeper.

FullBacks:

2. Frazer Richardson

3. Kelly Youga

12. Lucas Neill

14. Grant Basey

None of these are at a satisfactory playing level either. Will be looking to bring in a left back. Lucas Neill will play one more season on the right because of lack of funds for new players. All four will remain at the club to provide squad depth. Currently in negotiation with a left back.

Central Defenders

17. Henrique

18. Sam Sodje

Clearly lacking. Sodje is not at a good enough level to start. Already in negotiations with a Juventus player who seems keen on me. Sodje will provide back up for Henrique and the new signing while last resort can be Kelly Youga.

Midfielders

4. Nicky Bailey

6. Jose Semedo

7. Jonjo Shelvey

8. Thierry Racon

11. Lloyd Sam

Another position lacking in backup and quality. Apart from Shelvey these are championship players and Lloyd Sam doesnt fit into my game play at all. Will be looking to bring in two Central Midfielders to replace Bailey and Racon, Sam will be sold.

Strikers

10. Simon Church

15. Sergio Garcia

16. Serge Deble

17. Kanu

Got the quality to start, but lacking in backup. Deble is a horrid player while Kanu can barely stand up. Would like to add one more striker.

Conclusion

Still a non-satisfactory team. Quality missing in places with no depth anywhere. Will look to bring in with my 25m:

- 1 Goalkeeper

- 1 Central Defender

- 1 Left Back

- 2 Central Midfielders

- 1 Striker

Works out around 4.2m per player to spend and I know that wont be enough. Hopefully I will be able to get money from sales.

Had a really disappointing year first time round, incredibly inconsistant and lost to Leeds in the play-off semi's.

Was winning the home leg 3-1 until an offside injury time goal by Beckford, Richardson also giving away a penalty against the team he grew up at. Then they won 2-0 at home as I had pushed loads at 1-0 down as I was going out on away goals, doubt I would have conceded it if I wasn't going as attacking.

Had a takeover go through with loads of rumours of being replaced by Colin Todd of all people but I kept my job so I'll aim to go up automatically this season although I expect Southampton to cruise it as they would have won the league if not for the -10.

Racon was comfortably my best player, Semedo and Sodje were as solid as expected and I was far worse without them in the team (shame Semedo got quite a few red cards towards the end of the season...). downloaded the training schedules recommended and Basey and Sinclair improved a lot more than I expected and I'll keep them as squad players for another year.

I'll be getting rid of Dailly I think, covered alright at RB but I doubt he'll do well much longer.

Sound similar to my season although I did have some inconsistancy but managed to find the goals often and won by far.

I also had the takeover happen to be, and was to be replaced by Brian Law (?) but there was massive support for me so they stuff by me. Did you sell anyone in January? I was forced to sell Burton for 130k.

Racon was amazing for me in L1 and the Championship. He was scoring screamers every other game, spent alot of time out injured for me though. I also found Sodje and Semedo were solid. How did you find Bailey? His determination seemed great for me and he would always push for the win and grind out goals. Good little player who works hard.

What transfers were made in your season, would be good to see what positions you were looking to strenghen.

I didn't actually bring anyone in apart from another loan in January. No one out either.

Bailey was very disappointing for me, I think he's great irl but I've had to play him out on the left because of how great a partnership Racon and Semedo are in the middle. To get the best out of him I'm tempted to stick Semedo alongside Sodje at centre back and have them 2 as a midfield 2 with Shelvey infront.

I will definitely need a left winger, striker and some more cover at the back with barely any money.

Yea, Semedo at CB would be an option. Cant say how well the players are playing on your save though, so whatever works best and try not to favouritse. Suprised you didnt bring anyone in, are you not lacking upfront at all?

Yea money is scarce. I think the only reason for my successive back to back promotion was because of my takeover.

My new chairman made the feeder club partnership with Arsenal and I managed to loan some great players for nothing halfway thru my second season.

I had 2 left wingers from Arsenal, including Armand Traore who was immense in the championship. I also had Lansbury playing CAM, another great playerer for me. These to really won me games on there own.

Nice Post,

I have uploaded 3 players I obtained in the prem. Got Owen on a free transfer, Jo for peanuts and a regen that looks very positive, Still awaiting to be taken over I have had about 5 failed attempts and 1 by a tycoon!!!!. I set up my own training and I also have tactics I can post. Played 2 in the prem have lost one and drawn 1. My aim is to stay in the prem as well. Great posts matt

18TonyThorpe.png

24J.png

10MichaelOwen.png

CSS, I've been impressed by your back to back promotions, but feel that £24 million should be plenty fine to rejuvenate your squad. You can easily find players for less than £1 million that will be good backup, or even first teamers judging by some of your players. Also, don't neglect to scour the free agents and cheaper transfer listed players :) Other than that, you are doing very well :p

@ TKIING, yes there is a filter, on player search for me its top right.

@ Football Breath It, nice! Looks like your doing well and got a few great players there. What season are you currently in? Good luck wit your takeover. + Your money seems well better spent than me.

@ Braundjoh, Yes your probally right, I had some difficulty finding players however. Instead I went for players I was confident I could rely on who would cost a bit more.

At the moment:

Currently in December on the 2012/2013 season. Only just above the relegation zone by goals. Honestly, i have been !!so!! unlucky. Many of my draws I have given away extremely late goals. I don't have trouble scoring, it seems i am well into the top half in scoring, but my defense (which i would say is my strongest area of the pitch) is leaking in goals constantly.

My most noticeable win was over Chelsea, of whom I beat 2-1 at home. I also smashed West Brom 5-1 away! :)

I was also the first team Arsenal dropped points to 1-1 and managed another draw against Newcastle, who are both European teams. Arsenal are running away with the league.

My defence currently consists of, Lucas Neill, Ariaudo, Henrique and Civelli. Youga Sojde and Richardson as cover.

Played 18. Won 2. Drawn 8. Lost 8.

Hey nice to see people having success with the mighty Charlton. Just need some quick advice:

I'm coming up to the january transfer window in the first season and and there has been major intrest in the young gem that is JonJo Shevley. I have had the managers of Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and Spurs as well as many championship clubs look at him. I have been offered bids of 1million and rejected them. My question is because of the boards poor state will they begin to act on my behalf and accept an offer in this regin. Jonjo did accept my new contract offer that has a 10million buy out clause in it but do the board take that into account. I'm only asking this because on someone elses post they said the board accepted a 130k bid for Deon burton

Many thanks in advance

Kenny420 xx

P.s will post my seasons results when I arrive home tonight!

Hmm, it could very much depend on Jonjo, even with a new contract I think the board will accept offers like they did in mine for burton.

Definetally do all you can to hang on to Shelvey though! Im in the start of my 5th season at Charlton and im getting offers of 16m for him.

Dude ... Aaron Gunnerson from Coventry was an emmense signing for my charlton side.. he was 21-22 when he arrived , and i got him for just 1.3mill in the 3rd season. Premiership quality also!! Great signing. perfect replacement for the legend who was Scott Parker

1st Season with Charlton.. Signed Bonvenature Kalou, Mark Viduka, Andy Van Der Meyde on a free.

I also got Nacer Barazite and Daron Gibson on loan..

I also released McLeod and Sinclair 2 stabalize my wages a little (im still on -4.5k Per Week)

BUT ive had aFantastic season already. inn January. Lost 1 game only, Sitting on the top of League1 by 8 Points!

Archived