Christian Pander

eplkewell

Woah that really is a low natural fitness :O

Never really looked at him, has some impressive stats but not overly amazing that i would want to buy him :p

I probably wouldn't want to buy him either, but since he's on my team to begin with, I'd like to figure out how to make him useful.

I signed Pander in me 1860 Munchen game I've got going, mainly because I set myself limit of only signing players with German nationality, but he has been extremely good in the two season he has been with us despite that low natural fitness stat, on set pieces especially, you have to manage his games somewhat but anyhow here are a few screenshots from my game;

christianpander.th.jpg

christianpanderiii.th.jpg

christianpanderii.th.jpg

Has anyone ever gotten this guy to work out? He was awesome for me on 08, but he has a natural fitness of 4 on here. I can never seem to get him fit and healthy enough to play effectively for me.

Unfortunately that's completely realistic. At 26 years of age I don't think he ever managed to play a full season.

I know, he was great on 07 and 08. He's never been too impressive defensively, so I retrained him as a left mid. He's been good for me when I manage to get him on the field. He gets a ton of assists off corners, free kicks, and crosses. I imagine he'd be useful off the bench as a midfielder to help protect a lead since he's better defensively than a lot of out and out wingers.

Like you I had great experience with Pander as backup to Abidal for me in 08(managing Barca), he was very useful going up and considering my formation was based on very attacking full backs, which was ideal.

Another let down is his defensive attributes, not good enough to be a defender, best if you offload him.

If you'd like to play him he could be very useful if he stays fit, which is unlikely. If you want him to do well, you need to have attacking full backs who can attack, obviously you probably can't afford these but similar type of players in terms of attacking mentallity. Anyway here are other attacking full backs or people who you need to try and replicate:

Marcelo

Dani Alves

Vargas

Srna

Glen Johnson(?)

These are attacking full backs, like Pander and on their day they can smash teams to pieces. Sorry for the blabbing but play him with another attacking right full back with defensive cb(maybe sweepers) and you should be fine, as long as he keeps fit.

Archived