New 'Typhon' Tactic

Which of the 2 tactics is the best?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 2 tactics is the best?

**********Updated With New Tactic Version 18/08/2009****************

New Typhon Plus Tactic available at the foot of this post

I must admit that until now i fully believed that to be succesful at FM09 you had to build a Tactic set that had about 6 different variants to master a million different possible scenarios.

I spent hours trying out different possibilities, some worked well, some didnt work at all.

Eventually i stumbled upon a Home tactic that worked wonders and i decided to use this as my base for a single tactic.

After some substantial tweaking, i finally came up with the 'Typhon' Tactic and the results have been nothing short of amazing.

In my test season i started with Spurs on the latest Weegie update,

The season was fantastic, won the premiership with 93 pts and beat Barcelona 2-0 in the Europa League Final.

I used a set combination of Team Talks throughout the season and this seemed to maintain morale at a really high level and keep performance up.

I also had my own method of Implementing OI's which is something i had not played around with to much till now.

Please give it a try and let me know how you get on, any feedback would be really useful.

Some Screenies of Results and Achievements

barclayspremierleague3.th.png

(Some images deleted in favour of updated tactic at the bottom of the post)

Team Talks

Kick Off

Home(fav) Nothing,

Home (u/d) - You Can Win,

Away (fav) Nothing,

Away (u/d) Wish Luck

Half Time

Winning - Nothing,

Drawing/Losing by 1 - Disappointed, I want to See More, Wheres the passion etc

Losing by 2 or more - Angry, We Must Get a Result, Letting the Team Down

Full Time (Regardless of Result)

8+ - Delighted

6.5 - 7.9 - Pleased, Well Done

6.0 - 6.5 - Disappointed

< 6 - Angry

Opposition Instructions

The link will take you to an Excel Sheet with what i use i and when, is pretty straight forward.

There is a list of the tactics i have come up against and it says which OI i used from my list to combat the opponents formation,

For Anybody who is not sure what to do with the OI's

The list of positions is my standard OI's for when i come up against that position, but i do not use them in every game as they do take away from your own performance and tactic.

The Table at the bottom, shows the formations my opposition had and based upon that and if i was Fav or Under dog and depending if i was at home or away which of the OI's from my list i would use

e.g. Playing at Home as a fav against a 442, i would use no OI's, but playing away as under dog against a 433 i would use OI's on the DR/L, DM, AMR/L and the FC

Hope that explains it better?

One thing to be careful of which i did not notice for a while is that the OI's follow the player not the Position, so you really need to watch the opposition for any positional changes or Subs as the OI will need to be updated accordingly

If you need any other Info just give me a shout

Excel Link for OI's - http://www.filefront.com/14239265/Typhon%20OI.xlsx

Screen Shot Link for OI's - http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9715/oityphon.jpg

Corners

Always look to have inswinging corners, Use your best Right Footer from the left and your best left footer from the right

PPM's

GK None

DR Run With Ball Down Right, Get Forward Whenever Possible

DL Run With Ball Down Left, Get Forward Whenever Possible

DC Plays Short Simple Passes

DC Plays Short Simple Passes

MCL Plays Short Simple Passes

MCR Try Killer Balls Often, Try Long Shots Whenever Possible, Shoots with power

AMR Run With Ball Down Right, Get Forward Whenever Possible,Try Killer Balls Often

AML Run With Ball Down Left, Get Forward Whenever Possible, Try Killer Balls Often

FCR Try Killer Balls Often, Shoot with Power

FCL Run With Ball Through Centre, Place Shots, Round Keeper, Lob Keeper

Training

I put together a training Schedule for the tactic so feel free to use it

http://www.filefront.com/14239281/Typhon.tsh

Player Types/Attributes

GK - A decent sweeper keeper will be fine, Gomes was good, Akinfeev would be even better

DR/L - More Wingbacks than Full Backs, Need good Dribbling and Crossing, good Stamina and Work Rate alongside your normal defensive qualities. Bale and Azpilicueta would be great.

DC - Nothing Spectacular here, just good solid defense

MCL - The more defensive of the 2 MC's still gets forward at times but more of a DM, Veloso or Palombo types.

MCR - More attacking, needs to be creative and have a good engine to get up and down the pitch, good long shots would be a bonus, Top Passing is a must. Moutinho and Fabregas types

AMR/L - Wingers, but they dont cross much, they run with the ball and cut in alot causing havoc in the defense, they switch wings throughout and get bucketfuls of assists. Dont think i really need to give any advice here, but your looking for your Messi and Cronaldo types

FCR - The stronger of the 2 FC's, drops deeper to pick up the ball and feed your pacey striker. Cardozo has been great here as has Laurito

FCL - Plays high up the pitch and runs at the defense alot, your main goal threat, Marquinhos was a monster in this position.

The Tactic (Typhon - Original)

http://www.filefront.com/14239261/Typhon%20%28Tottenham%2C%20Jul%202008%29.tac

As i said any feed back welcome but please give it a try, would be great to hear if it has given some other people similar success

**********Typhon - Plus ***Beta******************

I have been tweaking the tactic quite alot recently and been trying to see if i can make it more solid but without losing any of the attacking style,

Therefore i am releasing the Typhon - Plus tactic, it is essentially the same tactic, and uses the same type of players but as mentioned has been tweaked to be more solid

I am still tweaking it to an extent, but i am happy enough with the sucess so far to release this Beta version

I used no OI's through the season, but did use the team talk template

I have tested it for 1 season on my Spurs Weegie save and had substantial success.

I ended up walking away with all competitions and had 9 players get into double figures for Goals, also broke the 100pt barrier in the premier league for the first time ever and also scored over 100 goals in the premier league for the first time ever and only conceded 16

paulventress.th.png

barclayspremierleagueh.th.png

tottenhamhotspur.th.png

************Tactic Link***************

Typhon - Plus

http://www.filefront.com/14312489/Typhon---Plus----Beta----Tottenham-Jun-2013.tac/

I would appreciate any feedback on the tactic and any feedback as to which you prefer, the original or the Plus version

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
will give it a shot with Aston Villa 1st season with gazwefc update

It Should work Really well for Villa, i am updating the OP with Player types for each position but Agbonlahor and Carew would be great as the front 2, put Carew in the FCR and Agbonlahor in the FCL, also the MCL is the more defensive of the 2 MC's

cheers mate, only problem is am still waiting for gazwefc's new update to come tonight so can't play the game the now

No bother, Some feedback once you get going would be great though, really interested to see if it works for others as well as it worked for me.

It probably isnt for the home matches, although i would always recommend it against a single striker as they can often get left on their own otherwise,

I have had great success using the template but i am sure the tactic is solid enough to work without, give it a try and let me know, i would be interested to see how it goes without the full OI's used

thats great m8 your tactic is working great hopefully these oi instructions get the best out of it, thanks

The OI's do help, i have found that they can often be the difference between winning and drawing.

Although if you try to implement to many at the same time i.e. across 6-7 of the opposition, your own performance suffers as your players are to worried about what the other team is doing and dont do what they should be doing.

Glad to hear it has started well for you though, keep me updated on your progress, any feedback appreciated

Ok heres first 5 results in the prem with this tactic with Man City.

Portsmouth 0-4 Man city (they had 25 shots lol)

Man city 1-1 Arsenal

Man city 3-1 Stoke

Aston villa 3-3 Man city

Man city 3-1 Bolton

OKay results with the amount i spent on the squad lol but i guess the team are still gelling.

However I do seem to get dominated alot and concede chances. It seems weak in the defence department. Any ideas?

i am getting good results at the mo. i am man city and england with man city i have beaten man utd and liverpool drew with chelsea and lost one so far against arsenal away. with england its working alot better, just about to start world cup against colombia, will post reaults later

I began a new game with the FC Porto.

and I am liking the tactics. I did 6 friendly games, marked 34 goals and suffered 2...

edit:

semttuloxrf.jpg

That looks like a phenomanel start!!!!!

51 goals in 11 games and only 3 conceded!!!!

are you using the OI and the Team Talks as well or just the Tactic,

Ok heres first 5 results in the prem with this tactic with Man City.

Portsmouth 0-4 Man city (they had 25 shots lol)

Man city 1-1 Arsenal

Man city 3-1 Stoke

Aston villa 3-3 Man city

Man city 3-1 Bolton

OKay results with the amount i spent on the squad lol but i guess the team are still gelling.

However I do seem to get dominated alot and concede chances. It seems weak in the defence department. Any ideas?

Possession wise you can often have less and it is not uncommon to be around the 45% mark,

The tactic is not possession based and if you look at the action areas the other team are often just playing in front of you keeping possession and given that there are only 2 bodies in the midfield it is something that i accepted as part of how i was looking to play.

Who do you have at the back? i did find that sometimes you do give up chances against the better teams but overall i have found it pretty solid, are they getting the chances throughout or is it after changes or last 15mins?

i am getting good results at the mo. i am man city and england with man city i have beaten man utd and liverpool drew with chelsea and lost one so far against arsenal away. with england its working alot better, just about to start world cup against colombia, will post reaults later

Glad it is going well so far, will be good to see how you go as they get used to the tactic

I'm Liverpool and am giving this a try. I have loads of strikers, but not sure on who to play.

Torres, Aguero, Vela, Keirrison, Marquinhos and Nemeth.

Somewhat spoiled for choice!!!!!!

I dont know the rest of your team but i would play Vela at AML, Marquinhos at AMR, Torres at FCR and Aguero at FCL

Leaving Keirrison to make an impact of the bench

They will rip teams to shreds :D

Not been the best of starts tbh. Lucky to win a few of the games and should have been beating most of these teams yet have been outplayed.

Bolton H 1-1

Salzburg H 1-0

Wolves H 1-0

Aston Villa A 0-1

Preston H 4-0

Salzburg A 2-0

West ham A 1-3

My scores first in the so we lost to Villa and west ham.

I have Guadado playing as AML and Ashley young as AMR. Also have Gourcuff. So who would you play now?

Thats a tough one, probably still Marquinhos at AMR

And have you ever thought of retraining Guardado to play FB?

He would be fantastic in this formation and it would give you Vela and Guardardo attacking from the left :D

Not been the best of starts tbh. Lucky to win a few of the games and should have been beating most of these teams yet have been outplayed.

Bolton H 1-1

Salzburg H 1-0

Wolves H 1-0

Aston Villa A 0-1

Preston H 4-0

Salzburg A 2-0

West ham A 1-3

My scores first in the so we lost to Villa and west ham.

It does take time for the tactic to gel, but i am surprised,

Whats your current team?

And have you been using the OI?

Lloris

Arbeloa-Zapata-Agger-Chiellini

Gerrard-Alonso

Young------------Guadado

Marquinhos-Aguero

Torres is injured, so he hasn't played.

Yeah I've been using the OI and team talks as suggested. I assumed it would take time to settle but I'd still expect to beat bolton etc comfortably.

Lloris

Arbeloa-Zapata-Agger-Chiellini

Gerrard-Alonso

Young------------Guadado

Marquinhos-Aguero

Torres is injured, so he hasn't played.

Yeah I've been using the OI and team talks as suggested. I assumed it would take time to settle but I'd still expect to beat bolton etc comfortably.

With that team i would certainly expect you to be doing alot better,

If you are losing out possesin wise then maybe try pulling the 2 wingers back to see if that helps,

But i would certainly expect results to pick up soon,

That looks like a phenomanel start!!!!!

51 goals in 11 games and only 3 conceded!!!!

are you using the OI and the Team Talks as well or just the Tactic,

im using the OI in some games....

just a small update:

league table

2af431a6ae115fbcf5593a43205570c2.jpg

champions league- group stage

47b846fa5d0abdb48700a226c0922995.jpg

Well I won a league cup game 8-1 against Sheff Wed. Then I lost at home to Valencia. :S

The team I'm going to play now is.

Lloris

Arbeloa-Zapata-Chiellini-Guardado

Gerrard-Alonso

Marquinhos--------------Young

Torres-Aguero

edit

Played Arsenal, went 1-0 down and was getting dominated, then pulled a goal back against the run of play. Then my left back got sent off so i pulled my right back in to go 3 CB's, we then scored again with 10 men to go 2-1 up. Shortly after Chiellini gets sent off. So I took off a striker to keep my 3 at the back, dropped the aml/r back to ml/r. We scored again, and went on to win 3-1 with 9 men.

Then had a cup game which I won 3-0.

Then I just played Man U. 3-0 comfortable win.

Well I won a league cup game 8-1 against Sheff Wed. Then I lost at home to Valencia. :S

The team I'm going to play now is.

Lloris

Arbeloa-Zapata-Chiellini-Guardado

Gerrard-Alonso

Marquinhos--------------Young

Torres-Aguero

edit

Played Arsenal, went 1-0 down and was getting dominated, then pulled a goal back against the run of play. Then my left back got sent off so i pulled my right back in to go 3 CB's, we then scored again with 10 men to go 2-1 up. Shortly after Chiellini gets sent off. So I took off a striker to keep my 3 at the back, dropped the aml/r back to ml/r. We scored again, and went on to win 3-1 with 9 men.

Then had a cup game which I won 3-0.

Then I just played Man U. 3-0 comfortable win.

It seems as though your team are starting to gel with the tactic a bit more, have performances picked up or are you still struggling to win the games you are winning?

But 8-1 and a comfortable 3-0 against Man Utd are pretty good going

For Anybody who is not sure what to do with the OI's i will post here and update the OP

The list of positions is my standard OI's for when i come up against that position, but i do not use them in every game as they do take away from your own performance and tactic.

The Table at the bottom, shows the formations my opposition had and based upon that and if i was Fav or Under dog and depending if i was at home or away which of the OI's from my list i would use

e.g. Playing at Home as a fav against a 442, i would use no OI's, but playing away as under dog against a 433 i would use OI's on the DR/L, DM, AMR/L and the FC

Hope that explains it better?

I change the typhon tactic with my Real Madrid game and works greatly:).

Only change i made idont use any OI. I have pretty good line up but still I score at least 4 goals in ewery game. Here is my line up

Casillas

Ramos Pepe Samuel Vargas

Gerrard Snejder

Ronaldo Ribery

Benzema Villa

I change the typhon tactic with my Real Madrid game and works greatly:).

Only change i made idont use any OI. I have pretty good line up but still I score at least 4 goals in ewery game. Here is my line up

Casillas

Ramos Pepe Samuel Vargas

Gerrard Snejder

Ronaldo Ribery

Benzema Villa

Glad it is working so well for you, i have found that OI's are effective when playing against better teams and the better your team is the less you need to worry about the opposition and the more they will need to worry about you.

So as Real Madrid wont really be the Under dog in to many games i am sure it wil be very good for you with out any OI's

Can you post some screen shots of results etc? would be interested to see how you are getting on

Im going to give this a try with my Marine team in the blue square premier. I dont understand the bottom part of the oi's any help please? thanks in advance

I have not tested this at a lower league level so will be really interested to see how you get on, make sure you keep this thread updated with your progress (good or bad)

It may turn out to be a tactic for higher level teams but i hope it will work just as well lower down the divisions

I have updated the OP with a bit more info about the OI's hope this helps

Glad it is working so well for you, i have found that OI's are effective when playing against better teams and the better your team is the less you need to worry about the opposition and the more they will need to worry about you.

So as Real Madrid wont really be the Under dog in to many games i am sure it wil be very good for you with out any OI's

Can you post some screen shots of results etc? would be interested to see how you are getting on

I cant post any sreenshots, i dont now whats wrong but not work for me.

Im in the game it doesnt take any picture:confused:

Archived