New 'Typhon' Tactic

Which of the 2 tactics is the best?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 2 tactics is the best?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried the new version, but it hasn't been great for me. I was using the original one for the first part of the season and I won all my games except away to Lyon, which I lost. Then I switched to the new one, and I lost away to 19th placed Toulouse and drew at home with Sochaux, who are 12th. I'll give it a couple more games, maybe we'll get used to it.

If you are using the "Beta" version, dont use the OI's

And i do think it takes a few games to get used to the tactic,

Nice to see it didnt cause you to go on a 5 game losing streak though ;)

Just switched to the Plus Beta and after 2 games seems a lot more airtight. :thup: Another thing I've noticed is that I score in the first minute a lot. Maybe the opposition are so stunned I've changed the winning tactic I've been using for 9 seasons! :)

Great tactic PVentress.

I tried it with Andria Bat from Italy. I just was promoted to the serie B in my 2nd season with them (i am in 2019). And i was predicted 17th. But i started to use your tactic in november, because my old one wasnt working and was standing 13th. At the end of the season I became 2nd!!!!

I have lost only 4 times of 28 games i have played with it. This is the original version, now i am going to play in the Serie A and gonna thry thypon plus.

The only thing is that my strikers didnt score alot. Can you tell me witch attributes they must have to play very well at the FCL and FCR? Because i play mostly with regens.

Thanks alot, and again great tactic.

Great tactic PVentress.

I tried it with Andria Bat from Italy. I just was promoted to the serie B in my 2nd season with them (i am in 2019). And i was predicted 17th. But i started to use your tactic in november, because my old one wasnt working and was standing 13th. At the end of the season I became 2nd!!!!

I have lost only 4 times of 28 games i have played with it. This is the original version, now i am going to play in the Serie A and gonna thry thypon plus.

The only thing is that my strikers didnt score alot. Can you tell me witch attributes they must have to play very well at the FCL and FCR? Because i play mostly with regens.

Thanks alot, and again great tactic.

The FCL is your fast tricky striker, he needs pace, acceleration, dribbling, off the ball, finishing, composure, Flair, Creativity and anticipation

The FCR is your stronger, target type, although not used as a target man, he needs strength, Heading, Jumping, Finishing, off the ball, work rate (pace & acceleration opptional although they do swap positions so is a benefit)

Hope this helps,

Typhon - Plus ***Beta***

I have been tweaking the tactic quite alot recently and been trying to see if i can make it more solid but without losing any of the attacking style,

Therefore i am releasing the Typhon - Plus tactic, it is essentially the same tactic, and uses the same type of players but as mentioned has been tweaked to be more solid

I have tested it for 1 season on my Spurs Weegie save and had substantial success.

I ended up walking away with all competitions and had 9 players get into double figures for Goals, also broke the 100pt barrier in the premier league for the first time ever and also scored over 100 goals in the premier league for the first time ever and only conceded 16

paulventress.th.png

barclayspremierleagueh.th.png

tottenhamhotspur.th.png

Tactic Link

http://www.filefront.com/14312489/Typhon---Plus----Beta----Tottenham-Jun-2013.tac/

I would appreciate any feedback on the tactic and any feedback as to which you prefer, the original or the Plus version (I will also be updating the OP)

i tried last nite with one game at home game and the result quite good. i'm half way the season.

Arsenal 5-0 olympiakos on CL last 16

so i might used it for the rest of the season and i let you the final result..

i tried last nite with one game at home game and the result quite good. i'm half way the season.

Arsenal 5-0 olympiakos on CL last 16

so i might used it for the rest of the season and i let you the final result..

Great, let me know how you get on

The FCL is your fast tricky striker, he needs pace, acceleration, dribbling, off the ball, finishing, composure, Flair, Creativity and anticipation

The FCR is your stronger, target type, although not used as a target man, he needs strength, Heading, Jumping, Finishing, off the ball, work rate (pace & acceleration opptional although they do swap positions so is a benefit)

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the reply. I gonna look for these kind of players and let you know

PVentress u forgot me for attributes needed for every position :-( and some player suggestion for my Portsmouth
i havent, but i havent put together a full list yet, just the forwards, i will get it up as soon as i can but am away for the next few days with no fm access :-(

A further addition to my season and it is only a small one but I think quite significant for my Notts County season.

Chesterfield Away won 5 - 0

Northampton Away Lost 0 - 1 (First league lost)

JPT Q/Final Leeds Home Won 7 - 1 (Leeds top of League 1!)

FA Cup 1st Round Bath Home Won 4 - 0

Apart from the Northampton result I am quite happy.

Used formation for my Roma game. 7 out of 10 win ratio but performances arent best to be honest plus not good against the big teams away from home. Hardly making any chances, but getting battered by home team. This is the tweaked tactic im using. Going to try the first one and i'll post back after next 10 results.

ryiekreulsty7bu4c90l.jpg

Great, let me know how you get on

Hi PVentress,

this is the result using your tactic..losing quarter final in CL and FA Cup Semi but winning the league so overall good tactic.. i think i might used it for the rest of the season...good work..

arsenalfixture.jpg

englishpremierdivisioni.png

Well i am now back from a rather wet tent in the south west of scotland and again have access to internet and Fm :D

I will try to answer all questions i have missed in my absence as quickly as i can.

Hope everyone has still been having success with the tactic :thup:

welcome back PV.well,can u answer to my attributes question for every position?tnx

I will put it together for you know, sorry didnt get it done before i went away, i will put the main attributes for each positions and players i have used with success in each position also. Shouldnt take me to long to do

I will put it together for you know, sorry didnt get it done before i went away, i will put the main attributes for each positions and players i have used with success in each position also. Shouldnt take me to long to do

GK: Standard Keeper attributes

DR/DL: tackling, dribbling, crossing, stamina, work rate, team work, pace, acceleration, positioning, fitness

DC: tackling, marking, heading, jumping, composure, positioning, decisions, anticipation, strength, team work, work rate, concentration, Pace, acceleration

MCR: passing, creativity, flair, technique, first touch, decisions, off the ball, team work, work rate, stamina

MCL:tackling, passing, work rate, team work, stamina, strength, positioning, decisions, pace, acceleration, anticipation, technique

AMR/L: pace, acceleartion, dribbling, crossing, flair, creativity, off the ball, decisions

FCR: strength, Heading, Jumping, Finishing, off the ball, work rate (pace & acceleration opptional although they do swap positions so is a benefit)

FCL: pace, acceleration, dribbling, off the ball, finishing, composure, Flair, Creativity and anticipation

As for players, my current team is:

GK - Akinfeev/Gomes

DR - Azpilicueta/Santon

DL - Bale/Mattock

DC - Fazio&Sakho / Zapate&Corluka

MCR - Kaka/Moutinho

MCL - Veloso/Camacho

AMR - Marquinhos/Pjanic

AML - Guradardo/Aquino

FCR - Balotelli/Huntelaar

FCL - Aquero/Alexis Sanchez

Hope this helps

great tactic apart from when i play against man city or chelsea with their 4-1-2-2-1 formation any ideas how to counter this? played 4x now and had 1 draw and 3 defeats.

To be honest, this is probably the formation i have the most problems against,

I have had some success through using OI's to counter act the difference in formations, but i am also working on a 433/451 formation that will keep the principles of the Typhon tactic but give more presence in the centre of the park which is where the problem seems to occur.

have downloaded the 2nd tactic of the OP and iwll give it a season with my arsenal team

will give updates after 10 games or so, or if i get a wonder result etc

I play internazionale from italy the original tactic version, I put some pictures when im finished. Working greatly so far!

Thanks, that would be great

I just feel that this could be an immense tactic with a bit of tweaking and really need the feedback as to other peoples success or failure with it, to try and improve it

I play internazionale from italy the original tactic version, I put some pictures when im finished. Working greatly so far!
have downloaded the 2nd tactic of the OP and iwll give it a season with my arsenal team

will give updates after 10 games or so, or if i get a wonder result etc

Any updates or feedback?

would be good to know how you have got on

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just gave your tactic a go with my weymouth team in first season (BSS) wasn't really happy with my original tactic (despite being top!).

I'm using 'Typhon-Plus' not bothering with team talks or OI's for the min.

Anyway here are my last 7 games of the season,

Weston (A) won 4-1 only had 4 shots on target my strikers are not great hit the woodwork about 5 times also they had 2 CCC and 5 shots hopefully defence will improve after a few more games.

Bath (H) won 1-0 only 2 shots form 12 on this occasion possession 65% in their favour, they had 15 shots 5 on target mainly from distance though. Going to tweak the strikers so that they don't have long shots 3 out of 4 have 1 for this stat.

Dorchester (A) won 3-1 they scored from their only shot on target, I only had 4 shots on target strikers only had 1 shot between them though. Possession 55% in their favour.

Bishop's Stortford (H) won 3-1 getting over-run for the first 30mins then decided to drop the AML/R to ML/R and performance was much better possession 51% in their favour, going to push the wingers back for the next game, strikers performed better aswell.

Won the league.

Welling (A) 0-0 Possession was 56% in my favour should have easily won the game, definitely more solid with ML/R's.

Chelmsford (A) 1-1 probably a fair result strikers still playing rubbish!!!

Lewes (H) won 2-0 again less possession, however, more chance with their shots coming from distance.

Overall for the 7 games then: won 5 drew 2 scored 14 and conceded 4

Hopefully can find good strikers/defensive midfielder for next season.

You can use this tactic in the lower leagues but you probably need to have the better teams in the division!

Will report back next season to say how it does in the BSP.

Have you got a link for the training as the one in the OP dosen't seem to work!!

Cheers, Rob

Archived