FM 2009: Offical FC Lorient Thread: Les Merlus

sned777

FC_Lorient.png

Club Information

Full name: Football Club Lorient-Bretagne Sud

Nickname: Les Merlus

Founded: 1926

Ground: Stade Yves Allainmat (Le Mustoir)

Capacity: 15,870 seater

lorient1.jpg

Finances: Secure

Estimated Value: £25.5m

Chairman: Alain Le Roch

Manager: Christian Gourcuff

Transfer Budget

Media prediction: 11th

Mid-Table Finish:£3.2m

Top Half Finish: £3.9m

Continental qualification: £4.3m

First-Team Squad:

Goalkeepers

Lionel Cappone

Fabien Audard

Defenders:

Benjamin Genton

Laurent Koscielny

Sylvain Marchal

Michael Ciani

Maxime Baca

Marc Boutruche

Arnaud Le Lan

Jeremy Morel

Midfielders:

Morgan Amalfitano

Oscar Ewolo

Yazid Mansouri

Fabrice Abriel

Yann Jouffre

Nicholas Marin

Antoine Buron

Marama Vahirua*

Olivier Monterrubio

Bertrand Robert

Rafik Bouderbal

Strikers:

Rafik Saifi

Fabien Robert

Kevin Gameiro

Marama Vahirua*

*Is completely adequate in either position

Star Player - Michael Ciani- A solid Centre Back who holds the defence together.

0607_lorient_ciani_mono5b15d.jpg

Born April 6th 1984 in Paris, Michael Ciani has had a hectic footballing career already, with 4 clubs on his CV in a career that has only lasted 7 years so far. His move to Lorient was from Sedan in 2006, the year Lorient regained promotion to Ligue 1. In recent times, he has been attracting the interest of Fulham and Lorient are keen to tie him down to a new contract. Hold on to him at all costs!!

Promising Youth

Fabien Robert

Checik Doukoure

Clotaire Duclovel

Areas to Improve

LB

RB

CM

ST

Team Analysis

I'm not going to analyse the team for you, players you need to get rid of and/or recommend what players you should sign as that spoils the fun.

Why should you start a game with Lorient?

Can you break into Europe?

Can you repeat their Coupe De France win of 2002?

Its a tough game if any of you like a challenge and I hope a fair few take the challenge to take Les Merlus to the top. Good Luck!!

Ill try and post regular-ish updates on my save. Maybe every 6 months, Ill do the first in January. Only just started so none for the minute.

Anyone help me to the location of Media Prediction and Club Value.

Edit: Found them :D

Pretty fancy badge. Being located in Brittany, Northern France, Lorient is a fishing village....hence the fish on the badge. Thats A-Level Geography right there, and I havent even passed yet :D

Transfers are difficult. Im basically searching North Africa, the transfer list and Ligue 2 to find players.

I called my save "The Codfather".... Sounds epic, it really isnt :D

Transfers are difficult. Can't seem to find anyone who suits the way I want to play and is also within my price range. I did just have a friendly with Frankfurt where I easily beat them 3-1. The only reason they scored was because I swapped my whole team at half time, to give everyone a chance. First half we played great attacking football, so looking promising. Obertan and Ayew were great on the flanks, shame they haven't got an agreed price clause in their loans. I would of signed them already :p

Transfers are difficult. Can't seem to find anyone who suits the way I want to play and is also within my price range. I did just have a friendly with Frankfurt where I easily beat them 3-1. The only reason they scored was because I swapped my whole team at half time, to give everyone a chance. First half we played great attacking football, so looking promising. Obertan and Ayew were great on the flanks, shame they haven't got an agreed price clause in their loans. I would of signed them already :p

Youre the lucky one. Im on an update so I dont have Ayew or Obertan :(

Transfers in:

Larsen Toure -£95k

Tarik Sektioui -Free

Benoit Tremoulinas- £500k

Tiago Dutra-£150k

Loic Nestor-£325k

Rajko Brezancic-£8k

Emiliano Moretti-Free

Dorian Dervite-Free

Julian De Guzman-Free

Roman Zozyula-£2k

Bilel Ifa-£240k

Besart Berisha- loan to buy £400k

Transfers out:

Oscar Ewolo-£1m

Yazid Mansouri-£1m

Great Pre season only lost once- to Schalke

First game vs Auxerre won 2-1--Berisha and Jouffre scored:thup:

Im actually thoroughly enjoying this save. Bare in mind im on different DB so them players may not be free agents.

Mid October now,

2nd game I won 2-0 vs St Etienne Vahirua and Gameiro, bu since then Ive managed 1 draw and 5 losses but Im still in the Coupe De La Ligue. I think a proven goalscorer is needed as I have 5 people on 1 goal and thats it.Ill find someone obscure.

Ive come into some good form now, and have gone from 17th to 11th with wins over Toulouse and Le Mans, while drawing with Lyon.

But in the Coupe de la Ligue I saw the most goals scored in a competitve match by one player. That I've seen anyway.

saifi.png

Absoluteley gutted.

Lost the Coupe De La Ligue final 2-1 to Marseille. Vagner Love put them ahead, Tarek Sektioiui got us back in it, before in the 93rd minute, Brandao scored there winner. Dont know how I got to the final TBH, but Im guessing L'OM beat OL.

12th in league, but with games in hand so should get up to 10th.

Edit:

After siging Emiliano Moretti on a free in July, I sold him for £5m up front to Bordeaux in January

Jan transfres in:

Eduardo Salvio-£300k

Razvan Rat-£3.7m

Dmytry Sychev-£3.4m

Jan transfers out:

Larsen Toure-£375k=£280k profit

Emiliano Moretti-£5m=£5m profit

Benoit Tremoulinas-£825k=£325k profit

:D

Pulled off some good signings in season 2. Started off by flogging Sychev for £7.5m--another profit.

Got Fred for £9m and Lulinha for £5m, just in budget, aswell as some regens on a free including a goalie from Tonga :D

5th in league so going well now.

• 3 weeks later...

Not been on my save in a while, but came back in November 2009 to find myself and Lorient 4th in Ligue 1. We have a good squad and some handy regens who have gone straight in at CM and LB.

While playing a 4-3-2-1 I'm focusing on nurturing Lorient's only real talent, Cheick Doukoure. He hs ability to become Leading Ligue 1 midfielder. So Im playing him in the last 10 mins of every major game and starting him in the cups. His stats have come on leaps and bounds.

Other players who are going to become major stars are Bilel Ifa, a RB from Tunisia. Potential to be good Ligue 1 RB was the scout report in season 1 and he's my starting RB now. Eduardo Salvio is the other. I know he has a lot of potential but as most people bring him to a large club, he doesnt come good. Im hoping that at a club like this he will and is already starting to put up a challenge for Lulinha for the AMR position.

• 2 weeks later...
How could you afford Hernanes??

Could you post a screenshot of your transfers?

The DB had Lorient with an edited budget (I think around £15m) to reflect their real life sales. All transfers were after 24 months.

lorintrans.png

The guys in the box are regens.

• 2 weeks later...

Right then, my last challenge on FM09 is well and truly under way as I try to take a mid-table club to domestic and European success. So far, so good.

There was only one transfer. The team was very good for a mid-table finish so there was no need to sell, and a lack of funds prevented me from making any quality additions that could propel the club to bigger things. A modest £1.5M was spent on Bofo Bautista mainly because of an injury to Gamerio and the age of Rafik.

I was going to play my usual 4-4-2, but Gamerio picked up a 2-3 month injury so I didn't have a spare striker to partner Rafik. So I switch to a 4-2-3-1 and its given me great success thus far:

Nice Cote d'Azur 1 - 2 FC Lorient

FC Lorient 1 - 0 St. Etienne

FC Lorient 3 - 0 AS Monaco

LOSC Lille 1 - 1 FC Lorient

3 wins from 4 in a very tough opening month see us third in the league with 10 points. Encouraging start from key men and Bofo Bautista in particular.

Cracking start. On my first save, Gmeiro got sold 2nd season for £9m to Bordeaux, the board accepted, so try hanging onto him. Rafik is brilliant for his age, as you can see further up.

The good thing about Lorietn is, its about the same standard as Championship, but you havea better rep. So developing players who you might not develop at Arsenal (where have you been!) as they dont play, should get consistent football, boosting them quicker. Players like Salvio and Ochirosii both did well for me.

Giving you this advice has made me put my Arsenal save on hold and go back to Lorient. Its now the 3rd save Ive played today. Steaua save for a few hours this morning. Arsenal for the last couple- new save, now Lorient.

I'm gradually making progress on my Arsenal save. Have a tough run of fixtures that I can't be bothered to do at the moment.

I've fended off PSG and Marseille in order to keep Ciani, but now with the Joker transfer window I have to keep doing it until December :( £4.8M was the initial bid, so I'm going to start lining up a replacement before he inevitably leaves. Can't sign anyone at the moment because I have no money, thanks to the poxy wage bill...

Archived