FM 2008: Juventus - Bianconeri Back On Top

stgahoy

Juventus-FC.png

Juventus is the most successful team in the history of Italian football. Overall, Juventus have won 51 official trophies, more than any other Italian team; 40 in Italy, which is also a record, and 11 in European and world competitions. Juventus is the third most successful club from Europe and fifth in the world with the most international titles recognized by UEFA and FIFA.

In 1985, Juventus, the only team in the world to have won all international cups and championships (which includes all official European competitions and the Intercontinental Champions Clubs' Cup), became the first club in the history of European football to have won all three Major European trophies. The torinese team is also one of the G-14’s founding members, a group that represents eighteen of the largest and most prestigious European football clubs.

Team:

1. GK Gianluigi Buffon

2. DF Alessandro Birindelli

3. DF Giorgio Chiellini

4. MF Sergio Bernardo Almirón

5. DF Jonathan Zebina

6. MF Cristiano Zanetti

7. MF Hasan Salihamidžić

8. MF Mauro Camoranesi

9. FW Vincenzo Iaquinta

10.FW Alessandro Del Piero (captain)

11.MF Pavel Nedvěd (vice-captain)

12.GK Emanuele Belardi

14.DF Jorge Andrade

17.FW David Trézéguet

18.DF Jean-Alain Boumsong

19.DF Domenico Criscito

20.FW Raffaele Palladino

21.DF Zdeněk Grygera

22.GK Jess Vanstrattan (on loan from Verona)

23.MF Antonio Nocerino

24.MF Ruben Olivera

28.DF Cristian Molinaro

30.MF Tiago

32.MF Marco Marchionni

33.DF Nicola Legrottaglie

Club Information:

Year Founded: 1897

Stadium: Olipico,Turin

Capacity: 25378

Patch dimensions: Length:105m Width: 70M

Training Facilities: Top training facilities

Youth Facilities: State of Art Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

Media Prediction: 7th

Squad Average Age: 27

Squad Personality: Highly Ambitious

Captain: Alessandro Del Piero

Finances:

Balance: 19,5M £

Transfer Budget: 10,35M £

Kits:

kitsub0.jpg

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll definately be doing a Juventus save at some point. I'll probably wait till the first update is out, though, as a lot of italians seem to be either over- or underrated, which will be fixed in this patch.

However I'm looking forward to rebuild the Juventus squad around italians (Marchisio, Criscito, Giovinco, Chiellini, Luci, Pisani etc.).

I'll probably bring in Nasri for my "new Zidane" icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by stgahoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No.25, you forgot to mention Antoni Nocerino icon_cool.gif

Nocerino is just ownage, He's the new Gatusso but for Juve ! Hope Giovinco will be class for the future too he really deserves it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I know of Nocerino. I hope he'll get a PA boost on the patch though, as my scouts aren't regarding him very high.

Luci on the other hand will probably be given a lower PA.

Juventus is the most successful team in the history of Italian football. Overall, Juventus have won 51 official trophies, more than any other Italian team; 40 in Italy, which is also a record, and 11 in European and world competitions. Juventus is the third most successful club from Europe and fifth in the world with the most international titles recognized by UEFA and FIFA.

In 1985, Juventus, the only team in the world to have won all international cups and championships (which includes all official European competitions and the Intercontinental Champions Clubs' Cup), became the first club in the history of European football to have won all three Major European trophies. The torinese team is also one of the G-14’s founding members, a group that represents eighteen of the largest and most prestigious European football clubs.

milan are actually the joint first with boca of tittles won

Started my game as Juve. Bought 2 players

- Goran Pandev 7M £ on Co-Ownership

- Matias Fernandez 11,25M £

Pandev didn't wanted to join me he rejected 3 contracts from me, but he was not happy at Lazio and started to want to leave, And I managed to sign him. icon_smile.gif

I sold:

- Olvieira 1,5M £ -> Sampdoria

- Belardi 700k £ -> Cesena

I'm playing a 4-4-2 diamond

------------------Buffon-------------------

Zebina--Andrade------Criscito--Chiellini

-----------------Nocerino-----------------

-Camoranesi------------------Nedved----

----------------Fernandez-----------------

---------Trezeguet-------Pandev---------

I lost almost all friendlies that I played propably coz of testing tactics. I played only 2 games in Serie A so far:

Juventus - Lazio 4-2

Palermo - Juventus 1-1

I've started a game too.

Transfers in:

Sergey Ignashevich, free

Alessandro Tuia, 275 k

Alessandro Rossina, 9.75 mio

Samir Nasri, 15.25 mio

Francesco Bolzoni - 1 mio

Total: 26.5 mio

Transfers out:

Ruben Olivera, 1.6 mio

Tiago, 16.5 mio

Hasan Salihamidzic, 3.2 mio

Total: 21.5 mio

Future Transfers in:

Davide de Gennaro, 2.3 mio

I got the players I wanted. Ignashevich to cover in defence, which now looks great with Andrade and Criscito/Ignashevich.

Rossina as a wing to make up for the lack of speed in that area and last but not least my new Platini/Zidane, Samir Nasri who'll hopefully be my creative force in midfield for many years to come.

Actually I didn't want to sell Tiago, but for some reason both Man Utd, Chelsea, Roma and Valencia were interested and when they enquired, I put his asking price to 30 mio, thinking it would scare them away, but who else than Chelsea came in with an offer of 16.5 mio upfront and a 40% sell on clause? icon_biggrin.gif

I had an offer of 16 mio for Trezeguet as well, but he looks like the player who's gonna score my goals this season so I'd better stick with him so far.

I've played 3 games in the league so far:

An amazing game at home against Parma which somehow ended 5-5, then a 3-0 away win against Bologna and finally a 5-1 demolition of Lazio at home. So far my goalscoring looks amazing with some nice moves and runs and goals and assists from all over the park, while my defence looks a bit shaky.

Looking to be a nice season.

Oh, by the way, I set my goals as "title challengers" so I've got a bit work to do in front of me icon_smile.gif

Final update for today.

I've played 7 more matches, won 4, drawn 2 and lost 1 and are lying in 2nd place on same amount of points as Lazio who have a game in hand.

The draws were against Atalanta away and Fiorentina away. My wins have included a 5-1 victory against Udinese and a 3-1 win against Inter.

My loss was a 1-0 defeat to Palermo who are unstopable and have won all of their 10 games so far, including a 6-1 win against Inter last round.

I've been a bit injury plagued so far. Iaquinta, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Rosina and Almiron have all been out with injuries and now Nasri is out for a month.

On the bright side, Marchionni is now recovering from his broken leg, and he will provide me with some needed cover on the right wing.

My defence is still playing like a sack of potatoes while my strikers can't stop scoring despite all the injuries.

My top performers so far has been Del Piero, Trezeguet and Nasri, but overall all of my attacking players are doing great.

I just don't know how to tighten up my defence. icon_mad.gif

Final update for today.

I've played 7 more matches, won 4, drawn 2 and lost 1 and are lying in 2nd place on same amount of points as Lazio who have a game in hand.

The draws were against Atalanta away and Fiorentina away. My wins have included a 5-1 victory against Udinese and a 3-1 win against Inter

took juve as my first job on fm08 and after a difficult start, im starting to get some good results and are currently lying in 6th after halfway through November.

I signed Veloso for £15 mill and Aaritolo (sp)

any tips on who to sell?

current team (4-1-3-2):

GK: Buffon

RB: Zebina

CB: Andrade

CB: Veloso/Criscito

LB: Chiellini

DM: Tiago/Veloso

RM: Camoranesi

LM: Aaritolo

CM: Nedved

CF: Del Piero

CF: Trezeguet

I've started a Juve game, not going too well so far, I think that's down to the fact that I'm struggling to find a tactic which works well for me, aswell as injuries and a 3 match band for Nedved after he was sent off in a friendly.

I thought I did quite well in the transfer market, although things haven't turned up yet:

In:

£

Genaro Zeefuik (130k, PSV) ST

Sergey Ignashevich (Free, Moscow) DF

Jonathon Evans (Loan, Man Utd) DF

Marko Marin (55k, Gladbach) AMC

Mika Aaritalo (150k, Turun) ST/AML/R

Fernando Belluschi (4.6M, River) AM R/C

Mathieu Delpierre (4.2, Stuttgart) DF

Total: £9.25M

Only three games into Serie A; Two 3:2 losses to Fiorentina and Genoa (with a 1:0 win against Genoa in the Cup), followed by a 1:1 draw with Roma.

My tactics are settling down, Nedved is back (although Salihamidzic is now out for 4 months), and hopefully I can build on a good result against Roma to put Juve back where they belong.

Well, things are starting to look up... kind of.

A 3:1 win over Atlanta followed the 1:1 with Roma, and then, thanks (I think) to my defensive tactcal genius, but probably more thanks to Buffon being a God, a 2:0 win over AC Milan.

These have been followed by a 0:0 with Napoli and a 1:1 with Palermo.

The concerning thing, is that in each game my team have been ineffective, and I have relied heavily on Buffon for results. No matter who I play, my team are dominated by the likes of Genoa, Napoli and Atlanta.

I have been playing either 4-1-3-2 or 4-1-2-1-2. These have always worked for my other teams (Man Utd, Valencia), but obviously aren't working out for Juve.

Can anyone suggest tactics which have worked for them to help my team impose themselves more? It's a matter of time before I come unstuck with a team that is only saved by amazing goalkeeping.

Thanks.

Originally posted by No.25:

Transfers out:

Tiago, 16.5 mio

icon_eek.gifwow by me nobody wanted him for 5M £ >.> And really wanted to sell him as I don't play a MC and I don't really rate him too, after 7 games I'm first 5win 2draws - draws vs Plaermo & Genoa both were away. Hope Lazio is 2nd, I got only one point advantage, 3rd Sampdoria 4th Udinese. Roma is doing really bad by me only 10th. Hope I'll hold up the good form icon_smile.gif !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No.25:

Transfers out:

Tiago, 16.5 mio

icon_eek.gifwow by me nobody wanted him for 5M £ >.> And really wanted to sell him as I don't play a MC and I don't really rate him too, after 7 games I'm first 5win 2draws - draws vs Plaermo & Genoa both were away. Hope Lazio is 2nd, I got only one point advantage, 3rd Sampdoria 4th Udinese. Roma is doing really bad by me only 10th. Hope I'll hold up the good form icon_smile.gif ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got no idea why Chelsea would want him either icon_biggrin.gif Anyway, I don't complain as it financed my signing of Nasri.

Half of the season now gone, and I'm solid at 2nd place 4 points behind league leaders Palermo, who are now looking more human than at the start of the season. 5 points down to Lazio at 3rd.

I've not signed anyone this transfer window yet - it's still only 13th of january - but I'm seriously looking into Garay to strengthen my defence. 10 mio upfront wasn't enough, though, so he's been put on hold so far.

Of course january is the month to pick up players who's contract expires in the summer and so far Riquelme and Gasbarroni have been happy to take on the Bianconeri shirt next summer. icon_smile.gif

Contracts have been offered to Mascherano and De Silvestri as well, but I have my doubts about especially Mascherano although I've been praising him in the media recently.

Riquelme will provide some backup and competition for the AMC spot now belonging to Nasri, and Gasbarroni will mainly be backup for the wings.

However, a lot of teams have been interested in signing Camoranesi and if I can get a nice price for him during the summer transfer window, he might be gone as he's now 31 and ain't getting younger. Of course he's still a great player - better than Gasbarroni - but his pace is only 13 whereas Gasbarroni is a lot faster and 5 years younger.

Well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see icon_smile.gif

Oh by the way, I was knocked out of the Italian Cup already in the first round by Fiorentina who won 3-2 agg. icon_mad.gif

Anyway, now all my attention goes to Seria A. icon_wink.gif

Next update in a while when the season's over icon_smile.gif

Hmm, this board is acting weird at the moment. I posted the preious post 2 hours before it says on the forum icon_confused.gif

Anyway, I've finished my 1st season and what a tight match in the end.

With 2 games to go, I was 3 points behind Palermo and 1 point point ahead of Inter who had a game in hand. 10 points ahead of Lazio at 4th spot, so the race was between us, Inter and Palermo.

Although I won my last two games, so did Palermo who surprisingly then won the League. Inter got 7 points from their last 3 games but I had a better goalscore so Juventus finished 2nd.

Not a bad result at all, and my expectations as tittle challenger was fulfilled. I was, however, fairly dissapointed to be knocked out of the Italian Cup already in the first round, but hey, sometimes the luck just aren't on your side icon_smile.gif

Next season I expect to amount a serious tittle challenge once again, and hopefully I'll have a better chance seeing that players like Riquelme, Gasbarroni, Di Gennaro, De Silvestri - finally he signed a contract with me - and Garay - who is joining in a 7.75 mio deal - will strenghten my squad.

Also, players like Giovinco, Marchisio and Luci aer all coming back from loan so the season ahead looks very promising.

Next step will be to clear out in the first team. I'm still expecting to sell Camoranesi for a fair amouunt of money seeing as Inter, Bayern and Lazio are all interested.

Finally players like Grygera, Boumsong, Legrottaglie and Ignashevich (provided I get a good offer) will be heading the door.

I'm still looking for a young goalkeeper and a young striker, though, so any recommendations are appreciated icon_smile.gif

End of transfer window.

Transfers in and out:

juvetransky8.th.jpg

Besides those I've already mentioned I only brought in David Luiz for my defence and some youngsters.

Squad:

juventusan2.th.jpg

I'm very satisfied with my squad right now. Normally it's not that large, but I thought that I might aswell put in some reserves to fill out my squad for the screenshot icon_smile.gif

I don't think I need any strenghtening at the moment, but if I do at january, I've still got 41 mio to spend.

At some point I'd love to bring in a worldclass winger but that'll probably not be untill next summer. Also, I'll have to bring in a new striker at some point. Pazzini/Cavani/Rossi/Balotelli springs to mind.

Anyway, games of the season gone, 1st i the League after a 3-2 away win against Bologna and a 5-0 win against Genoa at home.

Nasri \o/

No really it depends what formation you play. Do you use wingers? If so, I suggest you buy a winger who can play on both sides. If not, then either a midfielder (again, Nasri) or save you money for the january window and see if you need reinforcements.

Good luck with your game, and keep us updated, there's not much activity in here icon_smile.gif

Oh, I didn't see that you've already bought Adrien. Then you probably don't need another midfielder seeing that you'll get Marchisio and Luci back home nexxt year and you've already got Almiron, Nocerino and Zanetti.

How about investing in some talents? Tuia, Di Gennaro, Rigione, Forestieri, Bolzoni to name a few.

Ouch, Milan just bid 32.2 mio for Chiellini icon_eek.gif

Rejected. Not going to sell such a devoted servant and possibly the best LB on the game.

In fact, almost all of my players are chased by the top teams of europe.

Milan has just bid for 7 of my players, and 16 teams are interested in Giovinco to name a few examples.

I hope I'll be able to keep them all. In fact I'm relieved that my chairman didn't accept the offer for Chiellini on my behalf.

Ouch, Milan just bid 32.2 mio for Chiellini icon_eek.gif

Rejected. Not going to sell such a devoted servant and possibly the best LB on the game.

In fact, almost all of my players are chased by the top teams of europe.

Milan has just bid for 7 of my players, and 16 teams are interested in Giovinco to name a few examples.

I hope I'll be able to keep them all. In fact I'm relieved that my chairman didn't accept the offer for Chiellini on my behalf.

Can you post a screenshot of Giovinco please

Sure, here you go:

giovincoxn6.th.jpg

I've been playing a different tactic for the last couple of games and it seems to work amazing.

It's a 4-3-1-2, with 3 central midfielders whereas the one in the middle is a playmaker.

It's very inspired by Arsenals current style in real life at the moment with a very quick, short passing game.

If I decide to use this tactic, however, I'll have to change a few things in my squad. My wingers won't be needed anymore which will mean a goodbye to Marchionni and Gasbarroni and Rosina will be retrained as a striker.

I'll then have to bring in a playmaking midfielder - looking at Fabregas (probably unlikely), Banega and Hamsik where the last seems the most likely to fill that role to perfection.

Here's two screenshots showing how well it works:

regginaln9.th.jpg

palermobj3.th.jpg

The Palermo game could aswell have ended 10-0 but Agliardi (criminally overrated on the game!) had an amazing game and scored a rating of 10.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

Giovinco screenie doesn't work

It does here. Try again icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope defiantly doesn't work on my internet

Ok I'm half through the first season (18games so not completly half but nvm). And the top four is 1st - Juventus 45pts 2nd - Inter 38pts 3rd - Roma 37pts 4th - Milan 33pts

I got Gasbarroni coming in winter for free. He'll be my wingers backup. I'm doing pretty well and I changed my tactic to 4-4-2, with 2x CM, AMR & AML in the middle it's working a lot better than the diamond. Trezeguet is awesome ! scoring 19 goals in 18 games. Well I'm looking for a new right back, I wanted Zaccardo but he got a new contract. Maybe you can suggest me someone for my RB position ?

Ok I'm half through the first season (18games so not completly half but nvm). And the top four is 1st - Juventus 45pts 2nd - Inter 38pts 3rd - Roma 37pts 4th - Milan 33pts

I got Gasbarroni coming in winter for free. He'll be my wingers backup. I'm doing pretty well and I changed my tactic to 4-4-2, with 2x CM, AMR & AML in the middle it's working a lot better than the diamond. Trezeguet is awesome ! scoring 19 goals in 18 games. Well I'm looking for a new right back, I wanted Zaccardo but he got a new contract. Maybe you can suggest me someone for my RB position ?

Get De Silvestri in on a free at the end of the season icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stgahoy:

Get De Silvestri in on a free at the end of the season icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking bout him too but he got a new contract to 2011 x_x

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stgahoy:

Get De Silvestri in on a free at the end of the season icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he any good, I'm thinking of getting a RB

Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No.25:

Is he any good, I'm thinking of getting a RB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never mind he has signed a new contract, like in stgahoy's game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

Never mind he has signed a new contract, like in stgahoy's game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try getting him anyway. He's awesome. One of the best RB's on the game in my opinion. A wonderkid in my game.

Never mind he has signed a new contract, like in stgahoy's game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try getting him anyway. He's awesome. One of the best RB's on the game in my opinion. A wonderkid in my game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much should i pay for him, he's valued at 4.3Million, i have 16.7M to spend

Originally posted by worm:

sold Tiago for £9.7mill to lazio and brought Bangera for Boca for £4.1mill

just had an offer for Trez from inter for 20 Million during 1st Jan window, what shall i do?

Who are your other strikers ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by worm:

just had an offer for Trez from inter for 20 Million during 1st Jan window, what shall i do?

Who are your other strikers ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the ones from the start plus aaritola (sp)

Originally posted by worm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by worm:

Who are your other strikers ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the ones from the start plus aaritola (sp) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would sell him for 20Mil but not to Inter, he could come back to haunt you

Archived