my star centre back is saying something bad

his general happiness reads "is upset that his mentor has abandoned him"

how did this come about? i recently sold an aging centre back but he hadn't mentored him and they weren't even similar players really.

How young is this youngster? You might have sold his dad by the sounds of it.:thdn:

how did this come about? i recently sold an aging centre back but he hadn't mentored him and they weren't even similar players really.

He is referring to the manager. You must not be playing him regularly

You hadnt asked the player to tutor the youngster had you?

I see some problems with the transfer listing mechanics, so I suspect that can be it.

Haven't seen exactly this, but most of the time when a player asks to be put on the transfer list and I do so, the player becomes "determined to prove his worth to the team", even though he desperately wants to leave. This is clearly bugged, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's what's happening in your case.

I see some problems with the transfer listing mechanics, so I suspect that can be it.

Haven't seen exactly this, but most of the time when a player asks to be put on the transfer list and I do so, the player becomes "determined to prove his worth to the team", even though he desperately wants to leave. This is clearly bugged, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's what's happening in your case.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I've had players who've ask to be transferred get upset that I transfer listed them, only to sign a contract after I take them off the transfer list and become happy they've proven their worth. I didn't think it was an exploit at first, but now I'm starting to suspect otherwise.

Archived