Beefsters Stadium Pack?

Barkermush

Since i got my new pc last week i lost all my graphics from fm 08.

Anyway searched this forum and can't find Beefsters Stadium Pack, and all the links i found on google/other sites are dead now.

Does anyone still have it and wouldnt mind uploading it because i only want the stadiums to show up on matchday which i know Beefsters Stadium Pack does do and its the best imo.

I don't know how to upload but i will email you any pictures etc you want

Hellooooo

Took it down a while back as having problems with where it was being hosted.....

recent updates have taken it to 790 stadium pics - (made a schoolboy error a couple of years ago by naming the pics with the ID numbers, but heh, this has been a labour of love for 10+ years)

Superturk certainly has more - individually spread over countries and the like - but i've always had the one collection.

I will see if I can upload tomorrow - zipped its about 120mb, so takes a while to upload/download.

thanks for remembering !

Cheers for pack, But when the game as finished the Stadium picture is still on the background.

Do you know how to fix this, I just want the pictures to show up on matchdays.

You should still have the 'default' in the original 'backgrounds' folder.

I use a 'club' backgrounds pack - that shows when squads are being viewed - or a player for that team - has 400+ club pics/aerial photos/crests etc

Also use a competitions pack which puts backgrounds when tables/fixtures/news comes up.

So for me I dont have the 'sticking' issue....

cant help more than suggest downloading a Club Backgrounds pack - there were some around last year - likewise, there were a couple of competition packs on susie...

I do not like the competition/player backgrounds, only want the stadium pictures on the matchday screen to make it feel like your team is there at the ground, Like the stadium pack you did for Fm08 say if i was playing at Man Utd when i Submit team and go on to the match screen the picutre of Old Trafford would be in the background then as soon as i leave the matchday screen it would go back to the default background of the skin. But this is what the stadium pack is doing on Fm09 :

This is the default background picutre on the skin im using

25880334ix3.th.jpg

Then when i go to the match screen i.e Sunderlands stadium comes up on Match day because im playing at the stadium of light, which is great.

42752237ht8.th.jpg

But then when i leave the Match screen/Match day the stadium picture stays there on every screen untill i reload the graphics on confirm or untill the next matchday but then it is there stadium that stays in the background untill the next match.

26591507sq3.th.jpg

I only ever use the stadium backgrounds for match day do not like any other background pictures.

Aww oh well, Thanks for help anyway :)

it's not of course a problem with the pack, more to do with what the game is trying to apply - i think.

within my 'Sports Interactive' folder that gets generated within 'My Documents' I created a 'backgrounds' folder.

within that is the config file, the default picture...AND the FOLDER of stadium pics -

My understanding was the game loads all the config files - not the pictures - so when a screen comes up the config file instructs which pics is displayed.

I suggest the 'competitions' pack - which should at least break things up as when you view tables/fixtures/results the comp pic will show....

Im alright now, I have switched to the 'Tumma' skin for Fm09, Which as a skin options drop down menu while playing the game. So after my match as finished and the stadium picture is still stuck in the bacground, I click the skin options drop down menu then wallpapers and just select the green one (which is the best imo the default is too dark). It gets rid of the stadium picture that is in the background and changes to the wallpaper you choose.(It as a few to select from pink,red,blue,green.The Blue and Green ones are nice)

Then when the next match day comes along i use the skin options again change the skin wallpaper back to the 'default' and it comes back up with the picture of the last stadium your last game was played at in the background but once you enter the match screen it changes to the next stadium you are playing at background then after the game as finished i repeat the process just change to the green wallpaper to get rid of the stadium picture.

Easy as pie to do with the skin options in the game only takes a few seconds to do. Hope that helps for some people who do not like using competions background.

Heres some picture's to show what i am on about lol

While you are using the default wallpaper it will show the background pictures, So after your match as finished it will keep on showing the picture of the stadium, Like this:

84827578dk9.th.jpg

So to get rid of the stadium picture in the background i just click the skin options button and select a different wallpaper other than the default, Shown here

71162699gk0.th.jpg

Then once you click the wallpaper you want, blue in this case.This is what it will look like

29970436ic4.th.jpg

Then when your next match comes along just switch to the default skin and the picture of the stadium your playing at will be nicely in the background :D

I do not like the competition/player backgrounds, only want the stadium pictures on the matchday screen to make it feel like your team is there at the ground, Like the stadium pack you did for Fm08 say if i was playing at Man Utd when i Submit team and go on to the match screen the picutre of Old Trafford would be in the background then as soon as i leave the matchday screen it would go back to the default background of the skin. But this is what the stadium pack is doing on Fm09 :

I only ever use the stadium backgrounds for match day do not like any other background pictures.

Aww oh well, Thanks for help anyway :)

I've sorted this out on both of my skins and am in the process of uploading them now.

Yeah that worked mate, thanks a lot.

My next problem is, i've added images for clubs, so when its on the club screen it has a different picture for each club, but now when i play a match it shows the club image and not the stadium image, is there a way to resolve that?

If you've added new pictures...and created a NEW config file that maps the pictures to the 'club id' (ie, NOT the stadium id) then the pictures should show seperately....remembering of course to re-load skin.

80% (and reducing) of the club ID's are different to Stadium ID's....a few years ago they werent far off like-for-like, but as new stadiums are build (Swansea, Doncaster, Sunderland etc etc) - the new Stadium Id's dont match the club ones...

anyway - just make sure the config is like this inside the Club/Team Backgrounds' FOLDER......

<record from="603" to="graphics/pictures/team/603/background"/>

as opposed to STADIUMS....

<record from="603" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/603/background"/>

The above example will (if the pics are different in each folder) map two different pics for Match-Day and Team/Player/News etc....

Where do i extract these to if i'm using steam? Cheers

Same with any other graphical add-on - within the My Documents folder that the game creates, place it within a skin if you've downloaded one of those or place it inside the Football Manager 2009 folder itself - the game should load the config file when it loads the game. That's where mine is and it works fine. Been doing the same for many years now.

dont forget to reload the skin and tick the 'show background pics'

regards

Same with any other graphical add-on - within the My Documents folder that the game creates, place it within a skin if you've downloaded one of those or place it inside the Football Manager 2009 folder itself - the game should load the config file when it loads the game. That's where mine is and it works fine. Been doing the same for many years now.

dont forget to reload the skin and tick the 'show background pics'

regards

Will give that a try. Cheers fella

I can't get these backgrounds to work :(

I can get player photos, logos, and everything else...

I have a graphics/backgrounds/stadiums folder (with all the pics in), but no joy.

Have unticked "use skin cache" and ticked "reload skin cache on confirm". Also ticked "use background pictures". What have I done wrong? :(

It's probably me not looking hard enough and as there's a load of pictures I figured it'd be easier to ask here than to sift through but is the Arsenal stadium in there? I can't seem to find it at all, I thought it'd be at the start but it's not there. :( Anyone?

You obviously haven't downloaded the pack as the files are all named with numbers of their ID's within the game and not the team of the stadium, so less of the wise-cracks. I almost feel sorry for you, for the fact that you feel the need to get your post count up by posting utter s**** that in no way, shape or form helps anyone in the thread or anyone reading the thread that may have the same problem.

It's probably me not looking hard enough and as there's a load of pictures I figured it'd be easier to ask here than to sift through but is the Arsenal stadium in there? I can't seem to find it at all, I thought it'd be at the start but it's not there. :( Anyone?

Yeah its in there, I think its down near the bottom because its a new stadium so got a new Id.

51664999kn0.jpg

w1024.png

The one in the pack is different picture of the stadium, i changed mine but its definitely in there.

..funnily enough...i've changed the pic in my pack to that very one....but I aint gooner (geddit!) be uploading the pack just for the recent, odd, change.

But just so EVERYONE knows - the pack has the pics in STADIUM ID order....so use the editor to find the stadium ID etc..... especially for new stadiums...or so to be stadiums....(ie, Falmer, St Davids etc)

Archived