OpenSE, Fast ingame information about players (open-source)

DrBernhard

Hi all,

My 15 minutes app based on the FM2009 Scout/Editor framework. Don't expect too much, it's just a nice application which shows CA/PA/Sale value. The source is available through SVN via the FM2009 Scout/Editor framework's codepage (see the thread here on SIGames for the link).

Note, values are in GBP!

Screenshot

screenshot01.png

Install link

http://www.100procentjan.nl/fm2009/opense/publish.htm

TUS9, the -1 is when a user team's player does not have a value set. It's normal and all scout tools from previous versions are like this.

The sale value is specified within FM itself, not a guesswork of this tool, or any other scout tool :)

TUS9, the -1 is when a user team's player does not have a value set. It's normal and all scout tools from previous versions are like this.

The sale value is specified within FM itself, not a guesswork of this tool, or any other scout tool :)

I know -1 is when a value is not set but with the tools i used for FM 08 they gave a pretty accurate reading of home much i would have to pay for a player, whereas on the tools for FM 09 they are not accurate

Hi,

Sorry to bother, but seeing as I always ask for scout tools, I'm trying to give a go myself, I'm a self-learner but need a couple of right directions to start :-)

I downloaded all the framework stuff and opened the OpenSE project in Visual Studio.

Let's say I want to add another field there which will show, let's say, the current player's club, or position. How would I go about doing that?

I've tried copying and pasting one of the existing fields (the fitness one) and changed "FitnessLabel" to "PositionLabel" assuming this would show the position, but it just stood there saying "loading..." Can you give me a tip in the right direction please?

Thanks a lot.

You have to doubleclick the form to switch to code-view. Look now for the 'public void UpdateData(Player player)' which now says:

public void UpdateData(Player player)
       {
           CALabel.Text = player.CurrentPlayingAbility.ToString();
           PALabel.Text = player.PotentialPlayingAbility.ToString();
           ValueLabel.Text = string.Format("{0:N}", player.Value).Replace(",00", "");
           SaleValueLabel.Text = string.Format("{0:N}", player.SaleValue).Replace(",00", "");
           FitnessLabel.Text = player.Fitness.ToString();
       }

Now assume you've added a label named 'ClubLabel'; add the following line of code to the above statement

ClubLabel.Text = player.Team.Club.Name.ToString();

so the statement becomes:

public void UpdateData(Player player)
       {
           CALabel.Text = player.CurrentPlayingAbility.ToString();
           PALabel.Text = player.PotentialPlayingAbility.ToString();
           ValueLabel.Text = string.Format("{0:N}", player.Value).Replace(",00", "");
           SaleValueLabel.Text = string.Format("{0:N}", player.SaleValue).Replace(",00", "");
           FitnessLabel.Text = player.Fitness.ToString();
           ClubLabel.Text = player.Team.Club.Name.ToString();
       }

Great. Thanks for your help.

Where would I find all "commands" that can be entered/searched?

Just type in player and then a dot (.), all attributes will then show. Note that for some properties you have to type another dot after the propertyname, for example player.TechnicalAbilties.Freekick; it's pretty clear after a few minutes. You can have a look in the SampleApp for some more examples of nice code. (Search for certain players, etc.)

Good luck!

Can you please tell me how i would make this brilliant little thing run on top of my full-screen game, like Mini-SE does?

Top work, by the way DrBernhard.

Seconded!

That is all that i would ever want from scouting tool :) PA/CA/Always on top

I wish i knew enough to do it myself :(

Always on top would be pretty easy, just setting the form's TopMost property to true.

If any developer has some spare time tomorrow, please add and republish :-) I won't have time until this weekend.

Will it stay "always on top" with full screen game? If so, that would be fantastic...

If you want it to stay on top, download 'Actual Title Buttons' - it's a program that adds buttons onto top bar, and you can even make it more transparent. Program is a 60day trial, but I guess a new release of this will be made sooner. It's not ideal, but it's the best you can do right now.

Hope this makes the program more enjoyable to use :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived