Quick question regarding the flex skin for 2008

JR866Gunner

Hello all i have a quick question about the dlex skin for FM 08 i downloaded this a while ago now and it is really good except one thing is bugging me, when you click on the squad screen on the original skin you get your team appear as usual and it displays their positions of course and along the screen you get appearances and goals as well along with match rating and average rating......... well basically instead of it being appearances and goals on the flex screen, you get potential stars and goals! its bugging me because when i want to see how many games a player for any team has played i had to click on him id rather be able to see the appearances at aglance like on the original skin except have the excellent look of flex!! can anyone help?

1. Go to the following location on your computer: My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\skins\flex\panels

2. Open the file team squad.xml with notepad

3. Scroll down to the section where value = selection and insert <flags id="Poap"/> <!-- overall appearances --> into just above overall goals section.

4. Save and reload the skin in FM08.

If you need any screenshots or any more help just post back. :)

1. Go to the following location on your computer: My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\skins\flex\panels

2. Open the file team squad.xml with notepad

3. Scroll down to the section where value = selection and insert <flags id="Poap"/> <!-- overall appearances --> into just above overall goals section.

4. Save and reload the skin in FM08.

If you need any screenshots or any more help just post back. :)

thankyou for the very quick response!! whill this eliminate that daft potential ability stars bit by doing this? this has opened up my eyes to how basic and easy it is to do, im no expert i still need help lol!

As the maker of the skin I can answer this :)

Goto Panels and open 'Team Squad.xml'

Find:

<string id="name" value="Selection" />

- <record id="view">

<flags id="Ppkd" />

- <!-- picked info

-->

<flags id="Pnfo" />

- <!-- player status/info

-->

<flags id="Pnam" />

- <!-- person name

-->

<flags id="Ppos" />

- <!-- position

-->

<flags id="Pcac" />

- <!-- currant ability

-->

<flags id="Pfrm" />

- <!-- player form

-->

<flags id="Pmor" />

- <!-- player morale

-->

<flags id="Pcon" />

- <!-- player condition

-->

<flags id="Pogl" />

- <!-- overall goals

-->

<flags id="Poav" />

- <!-- overall average rating

-->

Replace with:

<string id="name" value="Selection" />

- <record id="view">

<flags id="Ppkd" />

- <!-- picked info

-->

<flags id="Pnfo" />

- <!-- player status/info

-->

<flags id="Pnam" />

- <!-- person name

-->

<flags id="Ppos" />

- <!-- position

-->

<flags id="Pfrm" />

- <!-- player form

-->

<flags id="Pmor" />

- <!-- player morale

-->

<flags id="Pcon" />

- <!-- player condition

-->

<flags id="Poap" />

- <!-- overall appearances

-->

<flags id="Pogl" />

- <!-- overall goals

-->

<flags id="Poav" />

- <!-- overall average rating

-->

Save and reload the skin

thankyou for the very quick response!! whill this eliminate that daft potential ability stars bit by doing this? this has opened up my eyes to how basic and easy it is to do, im no expert i still need help lol!

I think it is current ability stars but that won't eliminate it. It will just add in appearances as well as the stars. You can get rid of the stars as well if you like by deleting this line <flags id="Pcac"/> <!-- currant ability --> only in that selection area. It is various places in the file so ame sure you delete the right one.

You say you need more help, how far have you got? Have you found the file to open?

EDIT: Follow SmurfDude's advice above which has explained it much better than I have. :)

the current ability line is still there........now i dont know what to do lol

Are you sure you deleted the right line? You better undo the changes you made an follow SmurfDude's advice above which will do what you want. If you have any trouble getting that to work let me know. :)

ok can i just say you guys are legends!! lol thankyou soo much for your help, smurf dude like i said before best skin i take my hat off to you, do i need to keep the reload skin cache thing unticked? ive never needed to know what its for

Glad you got it working and it is a great skin. You should tick use skin cache and untick always reload skin on confirm now.

• 10 months later...

Just discovered this myself... I love the skin but have been fighting with whether or not I like having the Stars replace the Appearances.

I added that: <flags id="Poap"/> <!-- overall appearances --> line to the xml, loaded the skin up and I now have both Stars AND Appearances. I am actually cool with that... however, I am now MISSING the Morale and Form sections.

How can I get those back AND keep what I have now?

Thanks.

haha i guessed it was a basic form of sarcasm, you know the lowest form of intelligence. Seems like to many people use too much sarcasm in this forum though but i suppose it matches those peoples sad lives.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this up again... but, is there a way to have BOTH the Stars AND the Games Played stat on the same page?

When I added the code above it took out the stars and replaced with matches played.

Would kinda like a combination of the two if possible.

Thanks.

It depends on what resolution you are playing in, if your screen resolution is to small then certain fields will be hidden. You can either remove other fields you don't want, increase your resolution.

Alternatively you may be able to use this thread to customize the widths of the columns so everything displays - that's for FM09 so it may work but I don't know if any of that coding was new for FM09 so some coding may not work in FM08.

Archived