Anybody got a World Cup editor file?

rusty217

So I've been trying to make some changes to the World Cup and it's qualifying tournaments but it's just not working out so far. Either the qualifying is ignored and it just picks the best teams (way too many Europeans) for the World Cup or the competition isn't even in the game at all. So does anyone have a working file for the World Cup that they'd be willing to share?

Interesting file Brucey. Just out of curiosity, in your experimentation and discussion did you ever look into allowing the host nation to automatically qualify? It would obviously be fairly simple to add them to the list of qualified teams, the problem is I could not see any conceivable way to prevent them for participating in their regional qualifying phase. Furthermore, if you left them in the qualifying phase and they managed to qualify it would probably be somewhat problematic for the competition to properly select a team to fill that bid, although I'm sure there is someway to work around that issue.

It's one of the things I'm tinkering with at the moment, I'm sure it's conceivable in the advanced editor, but as yet, I've never made it work. When I crack it, I'll let you know!

One thought is the "Ignore Teams" option. I have never used the option and I honestly don't know how it works. My thought is to set the host nation as an automatic qualifier for the world cup. Then go to each qualifying competition and select "Get Host Nation Team", choose "FIFA World Cup" as the competition, and then check the box for "Ignore Teams". That might not even be how that works, but there are no bad ideas in brainstorming.

\

Obviously you would also have to remove one of the qualifying spots from one of the qualifying competitions.

Archived