Penalties: can't score them?

Anyone else having issues?

Since the update I think I'm running at 50% at best.

I honestly now see a goal from a penalty as a bonus, rather than a 90% goal like IRL.

Conceding them is no problem still!

Of course there is the small sample size etc, but I'm curious to see if everyone else is the same or if I'm having a ridiculously bad run.

The update didn't change much regarding the ME and nothing w.r.t. penalties.

Real life figures are around 80% (specifically, 78% IIRC) but as you say, you may be unlucky. Easy way to check is to see how the others in your league are also doing.

Few things to pay attention to: Penalty Taking and Composure. Also would be worth looking at your penalty taker's body language during a mtach. If he's the type of person who becomes nervous or complacent quickly, his focus will not be where it is supposed to be, so better choose someone else.

I'm not sure how I'd check the other clubs missed penalties, or even my own on a tablet?

If you know a way, let me know and I'll have a look.

Also, the complacency thing? Pretty sure that's poorly implemented.

Balotelli is the most complacent striker I've ever seen - who is fantastic at taking penalties. ;)

We'd need some significant data to work with for this to be investigated.

As far as I'm aware (I'm not part of the match team), our own internal tests haven't shown any problems with penalty conversion rates for the live 16 ME, and we use large sample sizes to test these.

The ME team has said that it's pretty much spot on compared to real life: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/444917-Penalties-can-be-saved-easily-in-the-match?p=10606394&viewfull=1#post10606394

Looking at that Save Game it seems your team has scored 1/4 penalties this season. Obviously that's low but it comes down to bad luck rather than a bug. Our stats are pretty much spot on right now and the best they've been in recent times. If you can provide a seasons worth of evidence that they're not working correctly in your division then please do upload your Save Game and specific PKMs and we'll take a look. Cheers.

In FMT, the Player Stats screen for a competition should have every individual players scored/taken stat.

Thanks mate, found it now.

So, it appears it's only me missing them. Can't view last seasons stats obviously (where I know I missed a few, including two in one match), so I'll just have to keep an eye on it for the rest of the season.

In fact, in every competition I looked at every taker had a perfect record. I've got the only missed penalty in the:

Premier Division

Championship

Euro League

Capital One Cup

Unless it doesn't list players with 0/1? I would think it would though.

Archived