International football injuries

Hey,

Am I the only one who gets tons of injuries from international football?

I started a new game with Man UTD and almost half of my squad got injured on international duty and its only September...What the hell?

I lost Dermian for 4 months, Varela for a month, Shaw for 3 weeks(Second time this season), Smalling for a few weeks, Herrera for 5 months. Martial for 2 months and Rooney for a month.

Is it a my bad luck or any one else getting this strange bad luck?

How much attention are you paying to player condition while they are not on international duty? The fact that your opening & second posts are only separated by 13 minutes would suggest that you've rushed through matches without too much thought which could be leading to you players already suffering from the onset of fatigue.

If you're happy that you prepared the players correctly during pre-season & made sure they were either 100% match sharp or close to that before the first game of the season then it could be bad luck that you lost players in during the September internationals & a couple more in October, refer to Man Utd's real life injuries this season to see how bad it can really get.

If it continues to happen then it will be something that you're doing or not doing which is increasing the risk of injury among your squad, finding out what you need to change is were your skills as a manager come into play.

If you're happy that you prepared the players correctly during pre-season & made sure they were either 100% match sharp or close to that before the first game of the season then it could be bad luck that you lost players in during the September internationals & a couple more in October, refer to Man Utd's real life injuries this season to see how bad it can really get.

If it continues to happen then it will be something that you're doing or not doing which is increasing the risk of injury among your squad, finding out what you need to change is were your skills as a manager come into play.

I am doing exactly what I did in my last saves, It worked so far...Maybe its just bad luck.

What bugs me out is that it happanes only on international duty. Its just strange...Am I the only one so far?

I do notice a good amount of injuries on international duty. I've never put it down to an international duty curse though. Usually a star player on their national team will play all 90 minutes and usually they have games only 2-3 days apart during int'l breaks. Then if it's a qualifier or something it will be an intense game. So if they're coming off slightly low condition from a club match, then have two 90 min. intense fixtures directly after, the chance for injury naturally increases. Don't see the problem here.

I do notice a good amount of injuries on international duty. I've never put it down to an international duty curse though. Usually a star player on their national team will play all 90 minutes and usually they have games only 2-3 days apart during int'l breaks. Then if it's a qualifier or something it will be an intense game. So if they're coming off slightly low condition from a club match, then have two 90 min. intense fixtures directly after, the chance for injury naturally increases. Don't see the problem here.

Makes sense...

Anyway its still strange IMO because it never ever happened to me.

I hate international breaks - can always count on at least a couple of players getting injured. I've had a few saves with Man Utd and Shaw will almost always be on the list. At least in part, it's because a player you would rest, or bring back slowly after an injury, will often (always?) get picked for international duty, even if your own physio says he's not ready for selection. Just like real life, I guess!

• 4 months later...

It's ridiculous on my game, every single international break I know I will lose 2 or 3 players to long term injuries despite them going off with full fitness, conditioning and sharpness. I guess it's just something that SI have put it but they seem to have overdone it. I have 1 player who has been injured 11 times in 4 years, 10 of those injuries were on international duty - that doesn't correlate to real life in my opinion.

Archived