Getting the most money for players you are selling

Any methods or main hints on how to do this? FM11 was the last version I played before this. Usually if I wanted rid of someone who is rubbish or not getting a game I was sometimes even willing to sell him at 50% less of his value to get him off the books.

For example: PSG have just bid £20.5M for my Daley Blind (£12M up front, £4.5M over the next 12 months and a further £4M after 50 league games); his current value is £25M. He doesn't get a game (6 (8) appearances with 6.92 AVG RAT & 2 goals) for me and isn't even in my ECL squad. TBH I'm surprised hes even valued at £25M given he's not really featured much and United only signed him for £14M 17 months ago.

I'd be fairly happy if PSG gave me the £25M he is valued at because thats an over valuation IMO - I'd be ecstatic if I could get more than that. Is there anything particular to do when negotiating with the AI to squeeze more out of player sales?

Any methods or main hints on how to do this? FM11 was the last version I played before this. Usually if I wanted rid of someone who is rubbish or not getting a game I was sometimes even willing to sell him at 50% less of his value to get him off the books.

For example: PSG have just bid £20.5M for my Daley Blind (£12M up front, £4.5M over the next 12 months and a further £4M after 50 league games); his current value is £25M. He doesn't get a game (6 (8) appearances with 6.92 AVG RAT & 2 goals) for me and isn't even in my ECL squad. TBH I'm surprised hes even valued at £25M given he's not really featured much and United only signed him for £14M 17 months ago.

I'd be fairly happy if PSG gave me the £25M he is valued at because thats an over valuation IMO - I'd be ecstatic if I could get more than that. Is there anything particular to do when negotiating with the AI to squeeze more out of player sales?

The AI certainly isn't as good as a competent human, but it will follow the same basic rules. That offer you have is probably not the maximum they can afford. Like a decent negotiatior, they should come it below what they are actually willing to pay ( that's how you get a decent deal) the key is to not over negotiate so that they dont come back.

In this case, I would look at any other transfers they have done already, and try and push the upfront to 15-17m and see what they come up with.

This kinda depends on whether you're selling a player you want to get rid off or whether the AI is bidding for a player that's not for sale. With the first their offer is often a take it or leave it (Even if it's negotiable, if you adjust it even a bit upwards they instantly withdraw), while with non transferlisted bids you can generally force them up quite a bit. Also in those cases they tend to come back even if they walk away from the negotiations initially, so you can push the price quite a bit.

If you actively want to get rid of Blind, just accepting the bid is probably the safest option. Nothing more annoying than the AI immediately withdrawing if you try to negotiate even a bit and then ending up not getting any other offers so you end up stuck with the guy.

Archived