Short name MFC, Boro

Founded 1876; 139 years ago

Ground Riverside Stadium

Capacity 34,742[5]

Owner Steve Gibson

Chairman Steve Gibson

Head Coach Aitor Karanka

League The Championship

They were one of the founding members of the Premier League in 1992. The club's main rivals are Sunderland and Newcastle United. There is also a rivalry with fellow Yorkshire club Leeds United (Super Leeds).The club came close to folding in 1986 after experiencing severe financial difficulties before the club was saved by a consortium led by then board member and later chairman Steve Gibson.

They were promoted the following season and spent eleven consecutive seasons in the top division before relegation.[9] Middlesbrough won the League Cup in 2004, the club's first and only major trophy. They reached the 2006 UEFA Cup Final in May 2006 but were beaten by Spanish side Sevilla. On 24 May 2009, Middlesbrough were relegated to the Championship, failing to extend their 11-year stay in the Premier League

Middlesbrough-at-the-Uefa-Cup-final_zpshwicnhnt.jpg

Boro in the UEFA Cup Final 2006

The Team:

Squad__zpsbxvm1rhm.png

You have 2 30+ keepers in the first team squad. Personally i think you can live with it in the championship and id say my number one would be Michael Agazzi (on loan from Milan) while Konstantopoulos will be back up. Think about bringing in a Younger keeper though.

Squad_-2_zpsaszz2sml.png

As again there are a few old head with vital experience in your def eg; Woodgate, Friend, Amorbieta, Damia. You have a few injuries to start off with. The RB position need covering tbh as Damia is getting on and injured and Nsue might lack the defensive part. James Husband has big potential and will fight Friend all the way. My 2 CB would be Ayala & Gibson. Also you can see jack stephens has great potential so you might want to keep a eye on him.

Squad_-3_zpsvzcnzejl.png

This is where the strongest point of the team is. IRL Boro play as a 4-2-3-1 formation with 2 wingers. The club has just brought back Downing who will assist alot of goals and will be your first choice AML. On the other flank you have either Adomah or Stuani. Adomah as a winger or Stuani as a RMD. In behind the striker you could bring someone in. You have Fabbrini but i dont think hes good enough to start. Look for a good young CAM to get the goals. The 2 CMS has to be Clayton & the skipper Leadbitter. These 2 make it happen for Boro when ive watched them. Clayton as a Roaming Playmaker and Leadbitter as a Box to Box or a BWM. Adam forshaw provides good cover and you have enough cover in the other positions.

Squad_-4_zpsn73cw9hy.png

Boro need goals to get into at least the play offs. You have a selection on who to play regarding your tactics. Nugent has experience of scoring goals in the the Championship and he would be my First Choice. Kike will also provide good fight for the place he also can score goals. Both Stuani & Fabbrini can play there although Fabbrini would find it tough up there on his own.

Hot Youth Prospects

Middlesbrough%20Under%2021s__zpsdtxzssk1.png

You have 3 really good youth players coming through. Harry Chapman, Beware clubs come in for him straight away. If you can keep him then GREAT. He can become something special 5*****. Callum Cooke, a year older than Chapman but still something special here. Plays as a AMC also has big clubs after him 5*****. Next is Arnel Jakupovic, Not as good as the last 2 but has the same potential. Nugent can become a tutor for him and bring him on 5*****. Also Downing can tutor Chapman which will bring him on alot more quicker.

Nothing really coming out of the 18s yet but some good regans could pop up as the club has great youth staff.

So can you lead Boro back to the Premier League and then plan out for the Europa League eventually and put Seville behind them?!

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon the Boro! :D

I've found that Forshaw out performs both Clayton and Leadbitter every time. He's amazing for me, constant 7's and above as MC.

Ayala and Gibson are really good at the back.

I've found it hard to get Stuani performing well consistently for me, both up front and on the right. Nugent and Kike seem to do better up front and Adomah out performs him on the right.

Kalas was great for me at right back, one of the highest avg ratings in the team. So much so that I actually sold Nsue to Fulham who usually always bid for him for around £3m.

George Friend is as solid as you would expect at left back, but for me Husband hasn't really showed his potential at all when called upon.

Alex Baptiste is terrible when he eventually comes back from injury, absolute garbage for me.

Fabrini and De Pena have never really impressed me enough to get a run of games.

Sadly Rhys has been a disappointment for me :( He used to be really good in previous FM's for me, but when he comes back from injury he's been average at best for me.

Obviously there is no real DM, so signing one should be a priority if you play that way. But as it is the team is really well setup for 4-2-3-1.

You can ususally easily sign Fellaini in the second season for around £5m, he's done really well for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Just started as Boro with the transfer window disabled so I can see what I can do. I did cancel Amorebieta's loan to save some cash. I'll be trying a more possession based 4-2-3-1. I'm going to try and give Chapman, Cooke, and Jakupovic as much game time as possible to develop them. The goal is building slowly and solidly through youth that I can turn into homegrown players. Hopefully, I can replicate Karanka's form IRL. It'll be a nice change from my Arsenal save where I was loaded with talent and money

Into October and beginning to really dominate. Won 10 in a row and after a sluggish start, my squad have responded to my possession based 4231 and have started scoring. I turned off transfers and it's been quite fun.

Kike has 8 goals, while Fabbrini has 6 assists and along with Nsue have been my best players in terms of rating. Forshaw, Leadbitter, and Clayton have rotated in the midfield with Cooke playing there as needed. Downing has been solid while I have rotated Stuani and Adomah. Adomah has been very good while I'm still trying to get the best out of Stuani as an inside forward/Ramdeuter. Adam Reach and de Pena were injured early on. Reach has some potential while de Pena might be one I consider letting go in the window.

In terms of my defense, everyone has been very good. Nsue is great going forward and thankfully hasn't been a liability. Having said that, I'm not sure I'm going to extend his contract. Kalas has been excellent, and I'm considering a January bid to try and get him permanently. He's been excellent as a RB and I really think he could be a key fixture for years to come.

Nugent has been injured, but has been scoring when he's fit. Callum Cooke has done well as an AMC while Chapman broke out with a brace at Reading. I will continue to play them as long as they are doing well.

In January, I'll be shopping for another striker and some cover for the midfield. I'll also try getting Kalas permanently and hoping for promotion

Into October and beginning to really dominate. Won 10 in a row and after a sluggish start, my squad have responded to my possession based 4231 and have started scoring. I turned off transfers and it's been quite fun.

Kike has 8 goals, while Fabbrini has 6 assists and along with Nsue have been my best players in terms of rating. Forshaw, Leadbitter, and Clayton have rotated in the midfield with Cooke playing there as needed. Downing has been solid while I have rotated Stuani and Adomah. Adomah has been very good while I'm still trying to get the best out of Stuani as an inside forward/Ramdeuter. Adam Reach and de Pena were injured early on. Reach has some potential while de Pena might be one I consider letting go in the window.

In terms of my defense, everyone has been very good. Nsue is great going forward and thankfully hasn't been a liability. Having said that, I'm not sure I'm going to extend his contract. Kalas has been excellent, and I'm considering a January bid to try and get him permanently. He's been excellent as a RB and I really think he could be a key fixture for years to come.

Nugent has been injured, but has been scoring when he's fit. Callum Cooke has done well as an AMC while Chapman broke out with a brace at Reading. I will continue to play them as long as they are doing well.

In January, I'll be shopping for another striker and some cover for the midfield. I'll also try getting Kalas permanently and hoping for promotion

Any chance of a screenshot of your formation mate? would be much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So long story short I won the championship with no money, I got promoted and hoped to avoid relegation and ended up finishing 5th and getting Europa league football and now been given 70mil to spend!!!! After having a budget of basically nothing for 2 season this has scared me hahaha....

Gk- areola and rajkovic

Rb- joao cancelo, junior caicara

Lb- husband, friend

Cb- torsiglieri, naess, osmar

Wing- sobhy, downing, lincoln, de pena, callejon (had carrasco loan was fantastic)

Cm- pasalic(loan) balic, ravel Morrison(loan) nouri(loan)

St- Rhodes, stuani, dembele, ponce(loan), mayoral (loan)

I know I had a few loans helped me get that Europa league spot and centre half is a must area to strengthen l!!! But what would you people say I do to make this side better for the Prem and Europa league?!?!? 70 mil to spend help me!

• 4 months later...

I struggled with tactic all season and ended up 5th in Championship, but still managed to get promotion trough playoffs (after penalties in final with Fulham). At start of new season (first at Premiership) expectations were "top half" at least, which is strange, and insecure status due to disapointments from last season!!!??? I sold almost all players but husband, leadbitter, forshaw, ayala and kalas. Brought Elmohammadi and Huddlestone from Hull, Wickham from Crystal Palace, Romero from MU, Charlie Adam, Shane Long, Vaughan from Huddersfield, Taylor and Shane Ferguson on free transfer from Newcastle, Berra and Khabul. I just hope I can stay up with these guys. I plan to play Eusebio V3. What do you think about this setup at Middlesbrough?

I see relegation on the horizon...

You have seemingly changed the whole squad in a season, and swapped stable and solid players for aging, inconsistent expensive replacements who will have a hard time gelling... but good luck, I hope i'm wrong.

I like mature players and I have a feeling that game like them too, especially up front. That's why I bought Vaughan which was top scorer in Championship. In reality promoted teams change almost whole rosters, so I did that too. I plan to play 5 friendlies before season because of many changes I made to the roster. I hope to stay up, nothing more. Do you have explanation about season expectations? It's crazy to demand top half or European qualification.

Archived