[FM16][MOD] SS default Kit shade, crest and sponsors

fenomeno9

Hi guys.

I have made a small mod to Fidney's brilliant default SS Kit shading pack, for all of you who plays with the SS kits in FM16.

6 different sponsors and kit manufacturers:

3l0EgJH.jpg

Due to a small change from FM15 to FM16, the game no longer recognizes the effect.png (shadow overlay) file for SS kits, if it's not placed in a very particular folder within your graphics folder. If this isn't the case it leads to a look like this, almost everywhere in-game where club and nations kits are present (which Finey has fixed for us with the linked files):

aiZv2iO.jpg

SS kit out of sync with effect overlay which is for the default kits from SI

To add the kits i've made, seen in the picture above, extract the the content of this download, directly into the folder/path seen under the link:

DOWNLOAD

C:\User\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016 <--- very important it's extracted to the right place, or the changes won't show.

Enjoy!

Yes, but not with the variation of sponsors and different kit manufacturer.

Ah ok, why not just offer the extra manufacturers and sponsors to him to include in his pack then? That way there is only one file for people to download. People can then choose which set of 6 manufacturers and sponsors to use. I assume he authorised the release of this pack separately?

Also, the effect works fine in his original file:

fe465fa22cd4c6ff272b3d8076ee4c3a.png

Ah ok, why not just offer the extra manufacturers and sponsors to him to include in his pack then? That way there is only one file for people to download. People can then choose which set of 6 manufacturers and sponsors to use. I assume he authorised the release of this pack separately?

Also, the effect works fine in his original file:

fe465fa22cd4c6ff272b3d8076ee4c3a.png

Listen mate, i have linked to his file 5 times in my info text - and nowhere did i write it's no working, i :

1. Advertise his work

2. Link to his work

3. Credit his work

4. Helps people having this problem fix it quickly

5. Gives people more options

I have changed the download to only include extra kits, hope you are happy now :thup:

I'm not against you releasing a file to add more features. I'm just fairly sure the forum rules say you have to ask before editing people's work (I'm happy to be corrected if this is wrong) so I'm trying to save you from being banned for trying to help people, which is the worst reason to be banned. :)

We are all here of pure passion, we don't make money on this, but release things to help each other enjoy the game we love even more.

You don't take people's work and take credit for it as was it your own - which i never did, and never have done.

But on the other hand, if you had to ask every one of the persons who made contributions to the files we use to make skins, kits, faces ect. and get their permission, we would never see a single skin released in here - apart from maybe one or two people who has the skills to build everything up from scratch. Ofcourse you must give credit if you use peoples work, but it's physically impossible to ask all people to use their work, as it's probably been altered from one person, to the other, to the third anyway - and in the end you can't be sure who's been in on it.

It's like saying nobody can contribute to expand the SS kit types with new leagues, only the guy who invented the SS kit style - would be a pity would't it?

Anyway, the way the download is now, everybody seems to be happy, so let's leave it this way.

If you are using someone elses work (i.e. their graphics, images or xml files) in your work then you really should be asking for permission from the orignal creator before releasing your work (unless the creator has given blanket permission for their work to be freely used).

Though in this case all fenomeno9's download includes is the sponsor images he has created himself, he hasn't included Finey's actual default kits so there isn't any need to ask permission, however if he'd actually included Finey's default kits then he should have got permission to include them in the download.

• 3 months later...

Archived