Pogba or not?

xVik

So i'm starting my third man united season.

Pogba of juventus is out for 4 months but will be ready when the new season starts. I'm just wondering should I fork out the £90m initial fee for him? + the signing on and agent fees on top?

It's a hell of a lot of money but it will fulfil my high profile signing philosophy, plus hopefully the club will make a ton of money from shirt sales, plus he was at united for 3 years so if I buy him, he will be classed as home grown.

But his stats for the past two seasons haven't been that good. Only 7.1ish average in both seasons, I would have expected much higher. Is he able to win games on his own and perform consistently with ratings close to 8? Such as messi, ronaldo, Neymar, etc? And will the injury affect him much?

Money isn't that much of a problem because of the benefits I've listed, but I'm just worried in case he doesn't perform amazingly.

I wouldn't pay much attention to his rating. 7.1 is good for a Ball Winning mid. Apparently the ratings are still messed up for them as they count when a player closes down someone and he passes the ball as a missed interception and penalize them for it. I could never work out why nobody would perform in that position for me and why my assistant was always saying "player is making a lot of mistakes". That's the reason why :(

Just to let you know my experience with the beast. I set him up as a defensive midfielder and at times central midfielder with increased shots on goal. Yep he banged over 15 goals for me in that season. It all really depends how you use him. Since his got a good shot I made sure he often shoots, I made sure his other defensive duties were played. Also used him as a good ball passer. What can i say about the player, his amazingly good and worth having as a swiss army knife wherever you go. If i had the money to buy him I would as long as other positions around the pitch were fullfield. Just to give you another tipp I also set him up to take long and far free kicks because his shooting power is so hi and yes he did bang em in from distance.

I signed him before start of 2nd season for united.

Only played a couple of games so far. On his debut he got in good positions, I thought he should have scored at least one. 2nd game, which was away, he scored the crucial 2nd goal. He ran beyond my CF who played him in and curled it in from edge of the box.

I signed him for £70mil up front, and £7mil after 50 league games. He is 'home grown', and Edward Woodward said we would receive a bonus in commercial income due to his signing.

I'm using him as CMa in a 41221. But he's versatile enough to play in any midfield position I believe. Only issue I have with him is I play a high tempo and his stamina is only 13, so I have had to sub him in both games after 70mins as his condition is down to 70. I've put him on a training regime to improve this and he's happy about it, so he's a good egg.

Archived