Wht Liverpool FC is demanded to hit the Champions Cup qual ?

I am fiddling with Liverpool FC and I the board is ******* me with dozens of requests to reach the Champions Cup position otherwise they will fire me.

Is it Liverpool so strong in Premier League ????

If I look at the Premier League table I see the Liverpool is always around the middle of the roster.

How comes that FM16 Liverpool board is so inexplicably against me and my guys ?

What to do, please, in order to give the board a shake to calm them down ?

Thanks in advance

Sure ? You mean that Klop is being fired this year if he can't manage to reach the Champions Cup position ?

He was brought in midway through the season to replace Rodgers, so I'd guess he'd have a bit of breathing space. I would expect if he fails to make the Champions League by the end of next season though he'd be under significant pressure.

I'm sure in game if you made it to about 5th and did well in cups and such they probably wouldn't fire you.

Well, 5th is quite a high position but it could make sense if helped with decent cup position.

I am going to have a 1000 miles real trip soon to reach Anfield, I hope to see the REDS performing really well otherwise I have to speak with Klop about his future :)

Cheers

Yes, all of your thoughts seem to be logic but in the reality I think that Liverpool haven't achived pretty much anything in the last 10 years but few EURO Cup quals, am I right ? I am not a British guy so I am not an expert of the Premier League.

Yes, all of your thoughts seem to be logic but in the reality I think that Liverpool haven't achived pretty much anything in the last 10 years but few EURO Cup quals, am I right ? I am not a British guy so I am not an expert of the Premier League.

If by "a few EURO Cup quals" you mean won a Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FA Cup, League Cup, Community Shield, as well as being twice runner up in the Premier League, along with a total of 5 Champions League qualifications...

Liverpool would have the expectation of any manager they brought in during preseason to make a Champions League place.

Maybe I recall it wrong but Liverpool has not won anything neither in Champions League nor in UEFA League since something around 10 years or so. Same speech for the Premier League in last 10 years. That's the reason I was surprised by FM16 board requests.

What do you mean by runners up ? I am not English so I have to know a new term, sorry.

Maybe I recall it wrong but Liverpool has not won anything neither in Champions League nor in UEFA League since something around 10 years or so. Same speech for the Premier League in last 10 years. That's the reason I was surprised by FM16 board requests.

What do you mean by runners up ? I am not English so I have to know a new term, sorry.

They won the Champions League 10 years ago (2005), the FA Cup 9 years ago (2006) and the League Cup 3 years ago (2012). They have qualified for the Champions League 5 out of 10 of those seasons. They are a massive club who do surely feel they are a Champions League Club.

Runners Up means coming second in the league, which they have done 2 times in the last 10 years (2008-09 and 2013-14).

For the record, if we look at the managers in charge each time they missed out on the Champions League in that time:

2009-10 (7th): Rafa Benítez left that off season by mutual consent

2010-11 (12th at the time, finished 6th): Roy Hodgson left by mutual consent in January

2011-12 (8th): Kenny Dalglish was sacked at the end of the season

2012-13 (7th): Brendan Rodgers kept his job that season

2014-15 (6th): Brendan Rodgers again kept his job

Brendan Rodgers has of course left Liverpool this season after their poor start. To my knowledge the reason he survived where Rafa (who was a great manager for them for many years), Hodgson and Dalglish didn't was that they had faith that he was building towards something (i.e. having philosophies to be judged on in game). Him finishing 2nd in 2013-14 almost certainly kept him his job last season as well, though that hasn't saved him this time around.

So yes, from both a success for the club point of view and their actions over the years, Champions League football is what they'd expect of a manager who's come in during preseason.

Well Some Guy!, I would like to thank you for your detailed answer, that increased a lot my knowledge on the REDS and yes , it makes some sort of sense if FM16 Liverpool board asks for a Champions Cup qual. You convinced me, thanks.

Much appreciated

Archived