Red Cards & Injuries...

Hey guys,

I've been streaming the beta the past week or so and have been having an incredible amount of red cards being given. In one spell there was a red card in 6 of 7 consecutive games. Also had reds in back to back games tonight too. Tactics don't seem to have any bearing on whether i'm getting them or not. (eg, get stuck in/stay on feet etc)

To add to that, i'm experiencing multiple 3-8 week injuries to a variety of different first team players on a scarily frequent basis. On FM15 it was quite frustrating at times but the beta has taken that up a notch!

Am i just extraordinarily unlucky, or is this a widely recognized issue? (Red cards especially)

Thanks,

Ches

Other posters have reported few red and yellow cards as well, so it is probably not an issue with the game as a whole but more likely to be down to a combination of input factors that you can control, along with a possible run of poor luck on both these fronts. It has always been noted that injuries appear to be worse at the start of a new game and will tone down as the squad fitness and training kicks in and your in game tactics are adjusted to suit your squad.

My experience:

I see a lot of yellow cards (especially with my 2 DMs who both have the "does not dive into tackles" PPM, which is kinda strange). Not many reds though.

Injuries are few and far between. A good number at the beginning of each season, but throughout the season I don't see many. So few in fact, a lot of my players are annoyed with not getting game time. Injuries used to give me the opportunity to play backup players - doesn't seem to happen much in FM16.

As someone who is subscribed to his YouTube channel and watches his FM streams, I can understand why he is frustrated.

I felt the pain too when his Cambridge side went down to 10 men, game after game after game after game.

As for me and my experience, I can't say I've really had many red cards (thankfully). I had one player who got 4 red cards in a season, but, that aside, I have not had any problems - just the rare red card here or there.

In terms of injuries, I've suffered a few longer-term ones here and there, but I have a big enough squad to cover it. So, again, it's not too bad for me.

Archived