One last Game

Can somebody pick me a team to play one last game with i always play as a LLM so can it be a club in the top division of the country any nation in Europe please and why.

Three thoughts for you:

Cadiz, in the third tier of Spanish football, have the resources and facilities of a top-flight club and a squad good enough for a fairly easy promotion. It's not quite the top division, obviously, but the pieces are all there for two straight promotions (and maybe even European football in your fourth season!).

Unseating Juventus as the dominant power in Italian football is always fun. Roma and Lazio are vying for dominance of Rome, Napoli yearn for the glory days of Diego Maradonna, and both Inter and Milan wonder where it all went wrong, looking around the wreckage of what once was arguably the greatest football city in the world. Lower down, Genoa Football Club are one of the oldest teams in the country and remember their English roots; Torino wonder what might have become of the Grande Torino side; Hellas Verona won the title in 1985, a crazy year where Italy experimented with fair referees (they didn't like it; the experiment lasted one year and Juventus won in '86).

Olympique Lyon were once the dominant side in France and have been shunted aside as PSG have taken over. Monaco have all the money but have entered a newfound period of austerity, trying to build a side entirely from the youth team. Both could be interesting challenges.

Three thoughts for you:

Cadiz, in the third tier of Spanish football, have the resources and facilities of a top-flight club and a squad good enough for a fairly easy promotion. It's not quite the top division, obviously, but the pieces are all there for two straight promotions (and maybe even European football in your fourth season!).

Unseating Juventus as the dominant power in Italian football is always fun. Roma and Lazio are vying for dominance of Rome, Napoli yearn for the glory days of Diego Maradonna, and both Inter and Milan wonder where it all went wrong, looking around the wreckage of what once was arguably the greatest football city in the world. Lower down, Genoa Football Club are one of the oldest teams in the country and remember their English roots; Torino wonder what might have become of the Grande Torino side; Hellas Verona won the title in 1985, a crazy year where Italy experimented with fair referees (they didn't like it; the experiment lasted one year and Juventus won in '86).

Olympique Lyon were once the dominant side in France and have been shunted aside as PSG have taken over. Monaco have all the money but have entered a newfound period of austerity, trying to build a side entirely from the youth team. Both could be interesting challenges.

Thanks for these will try Italy as i used to play Champ manager Italia and have not played the Italian League on FM for ages.

Like you I always play LLM and the day to day struggle of trying to make ends meet as well as getting the team up through the leagues.

I decided to try something different and went on a holiday save, I just let the first season go by and had a look around the leagues, never seen anything so went on holiday for a second season.

I was hoping for a 'giant' to maybe get back to back relegations and then bring them back up, after I think the third season I seen that Burton that just finished 20th in league 2 had been taken over by a tycoon.

So it is still somewhat lower league but lots of money to spend, I thought why not.

I spent a lot of money the first season and easily won the league, during my second season having spent a lot again and charging to the league title the tycoon pulled the plug, I never even knew this was programmed into the game.

We won promotion to the Championship but basically over night I went from 'rich' to 'very insecure', my board are now telling me to sell players but they still expect me to win promotion to the EPL.

It's actually quite fun and quite a curve ball to throw at me.

Maybe go on holiday for 3 or 4 years and have a look around the leagues to see what is happening, maybe a fallen giant or even a top team that has fallen or hard times, or maybe a tycoon has taken over at a lower league club..

...maybe even your tycoon hangs around longer than mine did!

Portsmouth - the football giant thats gone sleepy and needs a wake up. Restore premiership status. An FA Cup winning side during a short spell in the premiership that many clubs have not achieved. A well supported club and now owned by the fans. restore the pride and success

Archived