standard mentality in interaction with team instructions

I have a comprehension question regarding the standard mentality:

f.e.: If I use the team instruction *more direct passing* with more

attacking mentalities (Overload, Attacking, Control): the deep players will pass more direct by default and my more advanced players will pass shorter

&

defending mentalities (defensive, counter): the deep players will pass shorter by default and my more advanced players will pass more direct.

How is the standard mentality rated? Is It more a attacking or defending mentality? What effect will the TI *more direct passing" have in combination with the standard mentality??? Will the deep players pass more direct or short by default???

thx for clarification

Affects all players equally, regardless of position and starting instruction.

In the old system there was about 20 levels from Short->Mixed->Direct. In Standard if everyone has a starting passing instruction of 10, playing "more direct passing" means everyone increases the range of passing a few points (i'm not sure of the exact value) but doesn't mean they instantly go to "direct passing", it just modifies from there starting value.

If playing Defensive where CB's might have 15 passing range (direct), playing "more direct passing" will increase it a few points as it will do for the forwards who might have a passing range of 5 (short).

This rule with the affection of all players, regardless of position and starting instruction is only valid for the standard mentality - right?

No, if you tell your team to "play more direct" they all will all play more direct passing, regardless of your team mentality.

No, if you tell your team to "play more direct" they all will all play more direct passing, regardless of your team mentality.

Sorry I've read other theories f.e. in fm guide.

If you use a more attacking mentality like control,attack or overload then by default the more advanced players will pass shorter. With using the TI play more direct" you boots the default setting more for advanced players to play shorter - Is this totally wrong?

Is there a guide how to interpret the default settings for passing???

thx

Sorry I've read other theories f.e. in fm guide.

If you use a more attacking mentality like control,attack or overload then by default the more advanced players will pass shorter. With using the TI play more direct" you boots the default setting more for advanced players to play shorter - Is this totally wrong?

Is there a guide how to interpret the default settings for passing???

thx

No I think thats correct, though I'm not sure as the extent of that

Archived