Since ios 9 updade FMH15 keys presses are off

• SI Staff
Yes i can confirm the same. It also now seems to have trouble knowing which way is up when being held. I usually have to set it on the table top to play. Still playable, but pretty annoying.

Could you also contact the email address linked above confirming the exact conditions please?

I have read a tweet by Miles Jacobson saying there is no intent to fixing the iOS9 issues that make the game pretty much unplayable. Can you confirm this please? I would be extremely disappointed with this if this is the case given the state of the game and with a good one or two months until next game's release. At £6.99 that is £1.16 of the game's cost to get an unplayable game. Given the state of initial release too, especially with the speed issues and stamina bug, I would say this decision is a major kick in the teeth and would not represent good value for money from one of the app store's most premium games.

I urge you to reconsider for the fans. Thanks.

They done the same thing last year when the cloud save stopped working - they didn't bother fixing it even tho it was several weeks until the new game came out. Was really disappointing. This IOS beta's come out months in advance of the actual release so they have plenty of time to fix things like this.........

• SI Staff
They done the same thing last year when the cloud save stopped working - they didn't bother fixing it even tho it was several weeks until the new game came out. Was really disappointing. This IOS beta's come out months in advance of the actual release so they have plenty of time to fix things like this.........

The issue isn't to do with the beta being available or not (please bear in mind that the beta's are not stable and I have in the past fixed items in them and then had the release break things in new and interesting ways ;) ).

Its to do with the fact that the new store policy won't allow us to submit a build without 64 bit support - this would be a massive undertaking to implement and probably take at least a month to do (taking into account how long it took me to implement for FMM2016 and then subsequently test it), in addition to that we don't have either the man-power or QA resources to do that and also finish FMH2016 in time for release.

This sort of thing is frequently the reason why updates stop for various store apps, rather than the developers in question not wanting to support their products - its unfortunate, but Apple have their reasons and obviously by doing this they ensure that future products align in a specific manner and they don't end up with the fragmentation of OS's on devices that other platforms such as Android might have.

I have read a tweet by Miles Jacobson saying there is no intent to fixing the iOS9 issues that make the game pretty much unplayable

I very much doubt Miles said that - I don't believe the issues make the game unplayable at all ... at least I'm still playing FMH2015 on my iPad Air sporadically which has iOS9 on it.

(the key press issue I've not seen on any device or OS combination that I possess, if you have it on yours please email me (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) and I'd be intruiged to find out more about it)

Sorry it wasn't Miles it was the official FM account, but the game for me is very much unplayable. The keyboard is upside down, easy fix but key presses are all over the place and sometimes not responsive. iPhone 6, 64GB, iOS 9.0.2. Unplayable may be a bit harsh but frustrating is certainly the case and makes me not want to play.

• SI Staff
Sorry it wasn't Miles it was the official FM account, but the game for me is very much unplayable. The keyboard is upside down, easy fix but key presses are all over the place and sometimes not responsive. iPhone 6, 64GB, iOS 9.0.2. Unplayable may be a bit harsh but frustrating is certainly the case and makes me not want to play.

Can you try closing the game and restarting it with the device around the other way please - let me know if that works alright? (just rotating the device will probably be fine rather than restarting but I'd like to know how it performs 'clean').

I'm on 9.0 on my iPhone6 and that seems fine in terms of button clicks, I'll upgrade mine shortly ..

Archived