How do I let my Reserve and Youth Managers rotate their squads?

Ptje

Hi, both my Youth Manager and Reserves Manager do not rotate players in their squads. They keep playing the same players until either they get injured or they get the the Rest icon and I have to send them on holiday. All the other players lack match fitness.

Is there a way to make them rotate players in their squads?

I have only 22 players in my reserves team, 2 for each position. I already got rid of some. I do have a bit more in my youth squad. I understand them selecting the best players. Selection by AI seems to be based purely on CA, PA is left out of the process.

I woud just like to see a little more rotation, not just 11 players getting tired.

Would the only solution be to promote a few to the first team and make them available for the reserves from there or would that make them unhappy due to not getting first action?

I try to just have 11 guys for res and 11 for youth and loan the rest out, tends to mean that the 22 remaining get a decent number of games between playing in both the youth and reserve teams, and hopefully the loanees get to play for whoever they are with too

22 players in the reserve squad is too many, 15 players is what I try to aim for when managing a club n the UK that has a reserve side .

btw if you wnat the reserve manage to rest a player you can set them as unavailable for selection, you'll get reminders ahead of their matches so you get ample warning to make them available for matches again just in case you forget to set them back to available for selection.

Isn't the problem rather that you have too many players in your reserves/youth team? Your staff managing those teams are likely to field the players they think are the best. Get rid of some.

But how would that help his problem with players getting too fatigued/injured?

Lack of rotation means that players can't keep up match fitness which increases the probability of them picking up an injury when they finally do get a start, usually as a result of the regular starter being injured.

As a rule fatigue shouldn't be an issue unless friendlies are being played between reserve league games, I also set arrange friendlies to myself & reject any proposed games once the season has started. Seems to work for me but it could just be a consistent coincidence.

Lack of rotation means that players can't keep up match fitness which increases the probability of them picking up an injury when they finally do get a start, usually as a result of the regular starter being injured.

As a rule fatigue shouldn't be an issue unless friendlies are being played between reserve league games, I also set arrange friendlies to myself & reject any proposed games once the season has started. Seems to work for me but it could just be a consistent coincidence.

The way that I read the OP is that his players are played until they get injured or get the rest icon while the other players never get a match. Having a bare bones squad wouldnt seem to adress his issues. Or am I reading it wrong?

edited to add: OP..coaches have a squad rotation rating. You could edit your coaches to 20 and see if that helps.

Archived