Tours v Multiple Friendlies

nickdc

I've created one tour in the past. I was then in the Championship and went to Portugal. But I have also just created friendlies in one country as well, Italy and Spain.

But now I have just been promoted and the touring range expanded, I have received a request for a two game tour in Portugal because apparently we're popular there and there would be subsequent financial benefits.

Does this mean only selecting tours makes your team popular abroad, where as multiple friendlies in the same country do not?

And further still, Portugal is a country of 20m. Looking at the countries I can tour it looks like Nigeria is the biggest so shouldn't I look to tour there instead, also given their Premier League interest is above that of Portugal's?

On a side note, I'm in 2027. I take it the Syria tour would be possible by then IRL.

Well in theory if you played multiple friendlies in one country the game would "think" you've gone home between each game? Where as a tour you obviously stay there and do the PR in between.

That plus multiple friendlies should also be more expensive for the same reason - imagine doing a US tour and flying back and forth across the pond between each game... ;)

• 1 month later...

Possibly true, but one thing that sort of goes against this is the option to arrange friendlies during training camp.

If your club are going to a foreign country for training camp, you can't schedule a tour in the same country, but you CAN arrange multiple friendlies. When you select "Arrange Multiple Friendlies," you are only given options of clubs in the country where your training camp is scheduled. Presumably you would not go home between matches since you're there for the training camp.

When you select "Arrange Multiple Friendlies," you are only given options of clubs in the country where your training camp is scheduled.

And I would think friendlies during training camps count as a "tour" for that very reason.

Archived