Why won't this guy just drop out of coaching school?

I have a scout at Man Utd, Danny Califf. Decided to go for his Continental Pro license, every few weeks I get a "he's struggling with the course and has been given more time to complete"...for the last two years. He has a Determination of 1, wonder why he's having problems? Also, in the 4 years I've been here, he's produced 7 player reports and nothing for the past two years. Now I wish I hadn't renewed his contract, I should pay more attention to the scouting pool.

I think this is something SI needs to look at. Admittedly, not highest priority, but still something that seems to me to be relatively easy to work out. If a staff member fails his badge more than, say, twice, he's automatically disenrolled and you get a message about it. The message itself would basically tell you that he's failed out and he's unlikely to pass if he tried again. Thus, that would be a clue about how good that particular staff member might be.

To be honest, I don't know why a scout with no discernable interest in a coaching position would be looking to get a Continental pro license. Outside of his JCA/JPA and Adaptability, most of his stats are 1s and 2s. He came with the club when I took the job and I've never been a "clean house" sort of guy, so I let him stay. But I don't think he'll receive another renewal next year.

Archived