Sliding Doors

As mid-table Torino in 2024 I randomly spanked my fellow mid-table dwellers AC Milan 9-1 in the league to move up a few places and get pretty close to being able to mount a challenge for the 4th CL spot. What the? I've never had such a result before, even in international saves against the likes of Bhutan and Anguilla. I was amazed and overjoyed! My 3rd choice 16 year old left back scored on his debut too! I even told my wife, who just smiled at me with pity.

Three days later I beat Galatasaray in the second leg of our Round of 32 clash in the Europa to seal an aggregate victory. All was well and merry in my world.

Then my computer crashed... I'd saved about a week before the AC Milan game and tentatively I replayed.

0-0.

I then lost to Gala and crashed out.

I continued and my season fizzled out like an unhappy firework and all that time I just kept being hit with that thought - What if? What if my computer hadn't crashed? Where would Torino be now?

I just keep replaying until the results go my way as they did the first time.

Not the exact score, but the result at least.

Must be depressing to say the least.Tried to do that after mishappenings like that of the OP but its like game doesn't want me in healthy mental state.Like its scri**** to beat my arse. :p

c'est la vie

Indeed...

I played a match against a fairly inferior opponent than me and I lost both times with a score 3-2.I had the game saved 2weeks before that game.So u can imagine my frustration when I dared to defy the odds of that happening to me again when I decided to have a go at it and subsequently fail yet again.I just wanted to crawl to a hole and di*e.Makes u think though...Guess I deserve it :'(

So....C'EST LA VIE!!!!!!!

A bit too late for this advice now, but I always save immediately before a match (in case the game crashes during the match I can just pick up from there) and straight after (in order to save the result). I have the weekly autosave on, but manually create backups when a backup hasn't been done automatcially for a while (if I have a stretch of time where I don't have at least 7 days between matches.

I also save whenever something significant happens that I don't want to lose.

Archived