Shooting with Power PPM advice

DkLbsue.jpg

I bought this striker, before noticing that he has the shooting with power PPM. While he's been scoring well, in some highlights he's been taking ambitious powerful long shots from outside the box, wasting our possession (which is our main team ethos). He also has a lowish shots on target ratio of around 40%.

Should I attempt to untrain this PPM from my striker? When I asked my coach he said he didn't think he could untrain the PPM. I've attached his attributes so you can hopefully judge whether he is suited to the PPM.

An extra question, when untraining/training PPM's, is the quality of the coach relevant? For example, to untrain this PPM would I choose my best attacking coach as this is a finishing PPM?

Thanks for any help.

I have a striker with the same PPM and i love the ppm. He keep smashing cannonballs. I do have the shoot less PI on him.

The trick is to not let him have the ball outside the box. Inside the box my striker is lethal and his shots unstoppable.

If i were you i'd focus on improving his finishing and decision making. His shots on target will then rise.

The reason why he is still taking long shots can be vary. Not just solely from the player himself.

Your tactic, his role, your opponent's strategy can affect his decision beside he doesn't possess great mentality attributes so it's not uncommon to see him doing mistakes.

N shoot with power doesn't affect his tendency to do long shots. It's just the way he kick the ball to score a goal. Strength affect how strong he kick the ball, therefore it is a benefit for him to has 15 strength, aside of finishing, composure, flair, n technique

About the coach, idk for sure but my insticnt keep telling me to use my best coach for that :D

The reason why he is still taking long shots can be vary. Not just solely from the player himself.

Your tactic, his role, your opponent's strategy can affect his decision beside he doesn't possess great mentality attributes so it's not uncommon to see him doing mistakes.

N shoot with power doesn't affect his tendency to do long shots. It's just the way he kick the ball to score a goal. Strength affect how strong he kick the ball, therefore it is a benefit for him to has 15 strength, aside of finishing, composure, flair, n technique

About the coach, idk for sure but my insticnt keep telling me to use my best coach for that :D

I assume that shooting with power would mean he'd take more shots from outside the box. Someone with "places shots" isn't exactly going to be going for 30 yard longshots. That's just what I thought anyway.

"Shoots long" (or whatever this ppm is called) is different from "shoots with power". FYI, one of the most prolific strikers I've bought for my Arsenal in FM 15, is Vincent Aboubakar, and he's got "shoots with power", and sometimes also "takes first time shots". I wouldn't dream of trying to "untrain" these ppms; he scores more for me than Thierry Henry did. Should mention that I play with the "work ball" TI, so long shots are discouraged.

I assume that shooting with power would mean he'd take more shots from outside the box. Someone with "places shots" isn't exactly going to be going for 30 yard longshots. That's just what I thought anyway.

Nope. I'm pretty sure shoot with power doesn't increase his tendency to do long shots. It can be either a shot inside penalty box or outside the box. Same with places shot. There are 2 other ppms that affect a player's tendency to shoot from a long range. Shoot from distance, n refrain from taking long shots

N from my experience, a player, especially a good one can do the "places shot" from long range too.

Now that you've decided to keep the ppm, you should now look at the average positions this player is shooting from. Compare this to your team's passing map and where the CCCs are. Then tweak your tactics so that the CCCs are more central and closer to goal.

Places shot and shoot with power only shows how they like to shoot not where they will shoot from. Someone with places shot can still take shots outside the box but they will be trying to curl it into a corner or in FIFA terms doing a finesse shot.

Archived