Longterm Games: Regen quality drop

I am playing with all auto UCL leagues + Arg and Brazil on and very large database.

I think a big issue with wanting to play a 10 year+ game is eventually you have no quality regens to mess with. In 2021 in my game the amount of players that are 18 or under and 180 PA or over is less than half of what it was at the start of the game: 8. When you take into account that they could not get developed by their clubs, have poor stats for their positions, and the possibility that their stats for progression is low I doubt that more than 3 of them will ever get close to their actual PA. Not including my team... Currently there is 1 outfield player in the entire Premier League with 180 or above CA, 2 in La Liga, 1 in Italy and 0 in Germany/France/Porutgal

If a player is playing in a UCL league then we should have a higher amount of 170+ PA regens than we do currently by at least double. Even then we could still experience a drought because you have to remember that a higher PA is worthless if their other stats or lack of playing time keep them below 150 for their career.

Basically I am not finding a 'wow' superstar that teams are trying to sign...let alone more than 1.

Although I don't delve into what their PA is - it's a pointless number when taken in isolation - I'm finding the exact opposite. In fact, regens often end up too good that it levels the playing field with too many high quality ones. I would say that you need to give it more than 9 years to properly judge. That's not really time enough to move out the current crop of real life youths, and build up the new newgens. I'd say you can only really properly judge when at least twenty years have passed. That gives enough time for a player coming in at a youth academy level on day 1 to reach 36/37 and retire, replaced by completely new crops of players. Up to then it's not really representative.

Archived