Football Manager 2015 (Career mode): Being advised of available national jobs

Sorry if this has been asked before, as a google and forum search did not show any answers to my following question.

In Football Manager how can I Be advised of available national jobs?

I am currently managing a club side, but I want to be advised of every national job that is free, so I can consider the job advert and apply. Recently I have missed out on a number of decent jobs because I simply could not find a simple way to be notified. I have subscribed to all the clubs, but is there a simpler way to find out of national jobs without completely filling up my inbox with clutter or go through a painful decision of clicking nation by nation?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Tony

You generally only get advised of National team jobs that you have a chance of getting.

If you haven't been advised in your messages about a particular National job being available it means you wouldn't have stood a chance of getting it.

That's odd because I have a World Class reputation by now and there are a few U23 sides in need of a manager, such as the Iran Under 22 side and they have a 1.5 star rep and yet I haven't been notified. I thought of trying to get that job as they do have some interesting regens/newgens in the team. I guess I might have to have Iranian background to manage them?

I did apply to Norway I think and I was laughed off, almost as though I were some kind of amateur manager, yet I have won the Italian Serie A numerous times, a few domestic cups and have had great runs in Europe as well..

That's odd because I have a World Class reputation by now and there are a few U23 sides in need of a manager, such as the Iran Under 22 side and they have a 1.5 star rep and yet I haven't been notified. I thought of trying to get that job as they do have some interesting regens/newgens in the team. I guess I might have to have Iranian background to manage them?

I did apply to Norway I think and I was laughed off, almost as though I were some kind of amateur manager, yet I have won the Italian Serie A numerous times, a few domestic cups and have had great runs in Europe as well..

Its the opposite, your rep is too high for those jobs in general.

Oh my rep could be too high? It is a shame because I have two Iranian players in my side and I also have leagues selected in the Persian Gulf and I am interested in coaching in these areas.

Oh my rep could be too high? It is a shame because I have two Iranian players in my side and I also have leagues selected in the Persian Gulf and I am interested in coaching in these areas.

If you apply you would probably stand a good chance of getting the job but FM seems to be coded to advise you of available jobs which are similar to your own reputation.

1. Click on the nation where you are interested in managing.

2. Select 'Overview' and 'Subscribe to nation'.

3. From your 'Inbox', select 'Nations' and then highlight the nation you just subscribed to.

4. On the right side of your screen, untick everything except 'International Manager Departures' and 'International Manager Appointments' (you may also tick 'Interest in jobs' and 'Manager speculation', although I'm not sure if these apply to international management or just club management).

5. Now that you've got your subscriptions set up, select 'Staff' from the main menu and 'Job centre'.

6. Click 'show filters' in the upper right side of your screen and untick everything except 'Managers' under 'Jobs'.

7. Select the nations you're interested in from the same filters view (can only be an active league) and you now have an overview of all manager vacancies from these nations (including international teams).

1. Click on the nation where you are interested in managing.

2. Select 'Overview' and 'Subscribe to nation'.

3. From your 'Inbox', select 'Nations' and then highlight the nation you just subscribed to.

4. On the right side of your screen, untick everything except 'International Manager Departures' and 'International Manager Appointments' (you may also tick 'Interest in jobs' and 'Manager speculation', although I'm not sure if these apply to international management or just club management).

5. Now that you've got your subscriptions set up, select 'Staff' from the main menu and 'Job centre'.

6. Click 'show filters' in the upper right side of your screen and untick everything except 'Managers' under 'Jobs'.

7. Select the nations you're interested in from the same filters view (can only be an active league) and you now have an overview of all manager vacancies from these nations (including international teams).

Thanks for that, but that is what I have tried to do - but it seems tedious. I am interested in basically any job - which is why I wish there was an easier way to subscribe such as a "be notificed of all national jobs vacancy" button. Maybe this can be included with FM 2016?

Archived