This is ridiculous, 3 rows in one day?!

Okay this is getting ridiculous, according to the "media" I've had a "row" with 3 different players in the space of one day and all of them were wrong! Now my Squad harmony has dropped from 61% to 41%.

Worst part is I have no ability to tell the press they have it wrong.

My players know this story is BS yet they are still unhappy about it

That doesn't make any sense!

Okay this is getting ridiculous, according to the "media" I've had a "row" with 3 different players in the space of one day and all of them were wrong! Now my Squad harmony has dropped from 61% to 41%.

Worst part is I have no ability to tell the press they have it wrong.

My players know this story is BS yet they are still unhappy about it

That doesn't make any sense!

Isn't that kind of what happens in real life? Obviously you have no way of quantifying how much a real life squad harmony drops, but the media making up stories is absolutely 100% what they do in real life.

What does it say on the profile of the players mentioned in the media? Also, have you been using the holiday function?

forameuss - AFAIK SI stopped short of introducing that level of media realism, any player happiness issues reported by the media should only ever be real issues & will be instigated by the player going public with their unhappiness.

I've not had a row with any of the players I supposedly did.

I get the fact that newspapers can be sneaky but 3 different papers printing 3 different stories about me having a row with 3 different players and no one in the squad is smart enough to figure out something is wrong here? Especially when it's on a week when I'm away on international duty with a country that none of the players in question play for.

I'm sorry but I don't think this can be marked down to the game being "realistic" that just sounds broken to me.

forameuss - AFAIK SI stopped short of introducing that level of media realism, any player happiness issues reported by the media should only ever be real issues & will be instigated by the player going public with their unhappiness.

Fair enough. Assumed that in the push for realism there would be some degree of the media blowing things out of proportion.

I get that news papers can get things spectacularly wrong but are you telling me that players are then too stupid to realise that what's going on in the media is not true and brush it off?! How does that seem acceptable. This is not realistic!

I get that news papers can get things spectacularly wrong but are you telling me that players are then too stupid to realise that what's going on in the media is not true and brush it off?! How does that seem acceptable. This is not realistic!

If there's an issue, report it and upload the save from before that news item. You know how it works. SI can then investigate.

Do any of your players have an 'Unh' icon next to their name?

What was the context of the media reports? They should have detailed what the player is unhappy about & why they have gone public.

According to the press, they all came to me asking to leave. True

According to the press, whatever my response was, it angered them. False. I always agree when people ask to be sold and actively try to sell them, no one wanted them.

The last time any of the players in question came to me was several months ago when I agreed to sell them.

I agreed, I tried to sell them. I mean actively tried, I didn't jack up the price (I even leave some people as £0 if I don't really need them) and yet still get no offers yet I still get these articles.

Either way, 3 different news articles about 3 different players I hadn't spoken to in months suddenly accusing me of rowing with them. I normally over look 1 because that can be realistic but I don't agree 3 stories are. Maybe it's just me but if I opened 3 news papers and saw 3 different stories say 3 different things, I'm instantly going to think at least 2 of them are wrong.

If such a story comes up, I think it would be wise to have an option to deny these rumours.

Ignore the media making stuff up aspect, that's not the case & isn't something that is current a feature in FM.

What I am guessing has happened is that the promise to sell deadlines have passed while you were away managing the international squad & you either missed the request for another chat or the game message system failed to deliver the chat requests which has then fed back trough the code as you declining to talk with the players.

Can you confirm whether any of the players mentioned in the media are shown as being 'Unh' & if they have an 'In Public Domain' unhappiness showing on their profile? It's an important question that as yet you haven't answered.

Nope, none of them are, they are all unhappy because they want to leave to get 1st team football.

A look at the promises screen. I have 5 "failed" to sell promises. the 3 in the press are all there but none of them came to me to say they were unhappy by my unwillingness to sell them.

the other 2: 1 acknowledged that I tried to sell him but felt my efforts weren't enough so he's not talking to me. the other is just annoyed that I broke my promise.

Best guess is that this is a bug linked to you being both club & international manager, do you have a save shortly before the promise end dates?

If you do this is definitely worth raising in the bugs forum, obviously have another play through from that save point just to make sure that you didn't miss the chat requests while concentrating on your international duties as that would be embarrassing.

Edit: In fact even if you do not have save before the promise end date this is still worth raising in the bugs forum & giving SI a copy of your save at its current point, they can then look to recreate the situation.

tinkered with the save a bit more and noted I still get the articles as predicted, 3 exactly the same day. But I never get any warnings the articles are coming but I did notice that if I make another attempt to sell a player before the article drops, I don't get the article.

Take a look at the Promises section of your Home screen, that should give you an indication of whether the player is happy with your attempts to arrange a transfer, I also thought that your assistant manager or PA would give you a reminder about the pending promise expiry but I might be wrong on that.

Either way if you're not being given any indication that a player is unhappy that you do not appear to be holding up to your end of the promise then it's worth raising in the bugs forum.

Edit: Just realised that if the wording used in the news item is not clear enough for you to understand what the game is trying to tell you then that is also worth raising in the bugs forum.

Seems the offering to clubs option only delays the complaints about a day. I don't recall getting any notes that these I failed these guy's promises so their newspapers articles do seem to be a bit of a surprise. I'll post it but heh

p.s I always assumed that when I get a media note and no one comes to me, it's just the media spreading rumours. But I'm starting tog et the feeling that's not the case. Especially when there's no option to deny these rumours.

I have a similar issue to this. Just took over as Sheffield Wednesday manager and within the first week, the press have spoken to me about rows with 5 different players (dudgeon, may, mattock, nuhiu and buxton).

These rows were supposedly due to them being refused transfer requests. None of these players have made transfer requests to me. They might have to the previous manager, but I don't see why I should get the blame. Is this a bug?

More a case of the game not having the the ability to cope when there is a change of manager, still worth raising as a bug so that SI can look at creating a solution, imo what the media should be focusing on is whether you can sort out the mess that has been left by your predecessor.

Archived