why does my personal assistant keep taking players off of my shortlist?

any time i add someone to my shortlist, i always add them indefinitely. so why does on a regular basis, a message come that "your personal assistant has indicated that the following player has been removed from your records according to your instructions"?

As Cougar said, if you scout someone or make an offer or enquiry, the game adds the player to your shortlist for X amount of time. To avoid this issue, right click and add the player to your shortlist indefinitely before performing an action. You can also go to transfers-->shortlist and check how many days are left before certain players are removed from your shortlist.

where do i find that option? and anyway, surely even if theres a setting, it should override this when i click on add to shortlist indefinitely

Staff > Responsibilities > PA tab > "When you scout a player add him to your shortlist for X"

If you scout first it follows that rule, if you add first it adds them for what you choose.

by the way, it wasnt because of the settings, as when i went into the setting it was actually set to 'when you scout a player.....' 'dont add' so everyone on my shortlist was there because id manually added them 'indefinitely' only for my PA to keep taking them off.

Archived