[FM15] Belgium 8-Level Tree - v2 Released

EN7qI.png

dustShadow's

Belgium 8-Level Tree for FM15

Current status: V2 released (06/05/2015). Download here.

A lot later than usual, thanks to SI completely screwing over the Belgian league in FM15. But also this year you will be able to play in lower level Belgian football competitions.

V1 was released and contained only 3 out of 9 provinces due to lack of time on my side. V2 now contains 5 provinces in 1 file. For the first time ever I also succeeded in adding the period championships for most leagues. There is also an extra file which contains a 'skeleton' structure of the four unfinished provinces.I'm still not very fond of the one-file structure, because it makes the file way to complex. But plenty of people asked for it, so... Please read the notes.

V2 is very likely the last version for FM15 (if there are no major bugs) as I'm moving on to other things. If FM16 allows me to re-use the database I'll probably release a complete version next year.

THE LEAGUE STRUCTURE

- The Belgian league is a straight pyramid with the 16 teams in the Pro League at the top. It features 8 levels, divided in two groups of four levels.

- On top are the four national leagues: Pro League, Second Division, Third Division (2 groups), Fourth Division (4 groups).

- The other four levels are organised by the nine provincial entities of the FA. Each province has four levels with a Provincial First Division on top and a varying number of Provincial Fourth Divisions at the bottom. Luxembourg province only has three levels.

- Champions always promoted to the next level, other promotion places are decided by play-offs.

- The Pro League has a very complicated structure featuring three play-offs. The top group decides the championship.

PACKAGE CONTENTS

- Two FMF files: one with the five complete provinces, the second includes the other four in their incomplete status.

- Graphics package containing logo's for most clubs and provincial badges for the competitions.

- LNC files to translate the competitions in Dutch, French and English.

FEATURES

- Five out of nine regions with their full pyramid: Limburg, East-Flanders, West-Flanders, Hainaut and Luxembourg.

- A complete Belgian Cup starting in the First Round

- Period Championships (finally !) for all applicable leagues in levels 4 to 7.

- The Provincial pre-season cups, the Advanced editor finally allows a to create a very decent representation.

- Complete play-off schedules for the lower division, including the elusive Inter-provincial Play-off between levels 4 and 5. There are a couple of dozen different play-off types, I tried to reconstruct them as faithfully as the Editor allows.

- All teams have correct stadium names, hometowns and kits.

- There is some attention to keeping teams in the correct regional league, using both the Regional Leagues tab and league boundaries. That doesn't stop FM15 from screwing up sometimes.

- A number of additional media sources.

LIMITATIONS AND ISSUES

- In real life, if more than two teams from the same province relegate from the fourth national division, there are additionnal relegations in the provincial leagues. That way there are always 16 teams in the provincial leagues. You can't simulate this in FM15.

- There is no qualification from the Provincial Cups for next year's Belgian Cup. This might be my fault for not checking the right boxes, but the Editor is also pretty screwy on this.

- 4th Provincial Leagues (level 8) don't have Period Championships. They tend to conflict with the fact that not all those leages have the same number of teams in them.

- Several B Teams are seriously overrated if the A Team play more than one level up. This is because the Editor auto-resets the reputation based on that of the main team, and creates new players with abilities based on that high reputation.

INSTALLATION AND NOTES

- Go to 'My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015'

- Place your selected FMF file in the map 'Editor Data'

- Place the map '(000) Belgian 8-Level Tree - Graphics' in the map 'Graphics'

(if these maps don't exist, then create them)

- Place one of the LNC files in \Football Manager 2015\data\db\1303\lnc

- The graphics will only work correctly when 8-Level Tree is the first dbc file to be loaded, hence the (000)-name

- Use this update with the following checkboxes when starting a game

> "Don't Add Key Staff" OFF

> "Add Players to Playable Teams" ON

> "Disable First Transfer Window Transfer Budgets" ON

- Database: make sure you load all players based in Belgium and/or with Belgian nationality

- These files have been thoroughly tested, but I can't guarantee this file will work with all other league modifications.

RELEASE HISTORY

- v1.00 (23-03-2015) Initial release: no Period Championships, only three out of nine provinces

- v2.00 (03-05-2015) Second release: now with Period Championships, five out of nine provinces

Could you combine the provinces into 1 file? as only 1 can be selected for each new game

Technically you could combine them with the advanced editor, although it isn't straightforward. The reason I never did it, is that with all 9 provinces you get about a 100 leagues which makes the game unplayable if you load the lowest level.

I don't know whether I'll do more provinces this year, as adding the teams is a lot of work if you want to do it right. Antwerp and Limburg are probably the easiest, but Hainaut has a crackpot league system at Level 8. So those are the first candidates.

If someone could fix the period championships, I'd very much appreciate it. I can't get it past the Test Rules in the Editor and without verification FM no longer allows the files to run.

i can fix verification if your system is ok. and dont worry about 100 leagues. if you have strong PC you can run that easy. in my serbian lower league file for fm14- i have 151 league and 33 cups. its slow but playable.

Technically you could combine them with the advanced editor, although it isn't straightforward. The reason I never did it, is that with all 9 provinces you get about a 100 leagues which makes the game unplayable if you load the lowest level.

I don't know whether I'll do more provinces this year, as adding the teams is a lot of work if you want to do it right. Antwerp and Limburg are probably the easiest, but Hainaut has a crackpot league system at Level 8. So those are the first candidates.

If someone could fix the period championships, I'd very much appreciate it. I can't get it past the Test Rules in the Editor and without verification FM no longer allows the files to run.

I would love to have all provinciales in one game :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived