Yellow / red cards after penalties awarded ?

Early days for me with the game but in my first season I've seen around a dozen penalties in games / highlights I've watched - some for my side and some against - and not one of the spot kick awards has seen the culprit receive a yellow or red card. Just wondered if anybody else has noticed something similar ? Seems a bit odd that nobody would get a card.

It seems to be far less linked than in real life.

I think it is because in reality penalties are generally only awarded for blatant fouls whilst FM doesn't really differentiate, i.e a slight niggle in the box is as likely to be a foul in the box as it would be in midfield. There's no real life rule that a penalty has to be accompanied by a yellow, but referees only tend to give penalties for fouls worthy of one.

Early days for me with the game but in my first season I've seen around a dozen penalties in games / highlights I've watched - some for my side and some against - and not one of the spot kick awards has seen the culprit receive a yellow or red card. Just wondered if anybody else has noticed something similar ? Seems a bit odd that nobody would get a card.

I've had plenty of penalties where the culprit received a yellow card. I don't see many professional fouls though.

Seen about another 10 pens and still no cards but just luck of the draw by the sounds of things. Actually, I think pretty much every penalty I've seen has been for what appears to be a minor foul / collision in the box. Haven't seen one yet where there's been a clear cut professional foul type of situation.

Archived