English League level 9 club - no facilities

I've started a game at level 9 in the English pyramid using a custom database. Looking for a challenge I picked Eynesbury Rovers, who start with no players, no staff, and no stadium. By no stadium, I mean that the facilities page is completely blank!

I'm now a few months into the season, top of the United Counties Premier Division, but I'm noticing some strange behaviour with my "home" attendances. My home games are played at "Eynesbury Stadium", which I assume has been automatically generated to fill the absence of a stadium in the custom database. Despite the pre-game overview saying ~200 tickets have been sold, the post-game attendance will always be exactly 1, and I'll receive £4 in revenue. The only exception to this was an FA trophy game where the attendance was ~200. Other teams seem to get appropriate attendances when I play away.

If I persist with Eynesbury would I eventually get the option to move stadium or ground share, or have I scuppered myself by picking what is effectively a broken club in the custom database?

Maybe you will. I noticed everytime a club grows the board makes plans for a new stadium. But this will take a while.

PS. that's why I allocated stadiums (if there were none in the database from the respective city, I created one) for each club in mine 9 level Spanish database. Took a lot of editing, but it's worth it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't you use the in-game editor to edit the attendances e.t.c. ? You can do this under "edit club details". Then see if it's made a difference. Of course, you'll need to have the in-game editor first, so if you haven't already, purchase it from Steam. It's cheap enough.

Archived